Should I upgrade the exhaust on the G37?

Started by GoCougs, September 04, 2012, 01:07:05 AM

Should I upgrade the exhaust on the G37?

Yes
No

GoCougs

Was talking about the ground effects. Like I said, the day after I bought the car, and a number of times since, I've been looking out for the split seven spoke 18" wheels.

Like I said, I OWN you. Plus, you bought the G37 because I did. Ha, ha. You'll never live that down either.

LonghornTX

Quote from: GoCougs on September 04, 2012, 10:12:41 PM
You're probably thinking the coupe, which has a different and noticeably louder exhaust. I wouldn't go any louder than the coupe either.
No, I am thinking the sedan. I have driven probably 25 different G37 sedans, my old dealership rented them from Hertz for our loaners
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on September 04, 2012, 10:59:23 PM
Was talking about the ground effects. Like I said, the day after I bought the car, and a number of times since, I've been looking out for the split seven spoke 18" wheels.

Like I said, I OWN you. Plus, you bought the G37 because I did. Ha, ha. You'll never live that down either.
Bullshit.  You stated quite clearly that it was the 18" wheels that prevented you from buying the S.  Everybody that can read can see that.

Rupert

Boy-oh, Cougs steps in pile of shit after pile of shit.

Don't get me wet when you spray off your shoes, bro!
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Eye of the Tiger

Usually Cougs is nothing but annoying, but he has become so pathetic that it's actually entertaining.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

GoCougs

The 'SPIN never changes  :(.

Rupert is hesitant to engage - EffiminateSPIN.
EofT wallows and deflects - IsuckatlifeSPIN.
SVT666 sets himself up for fail yet again - SelfpwnageSPIN.
2o6 rides the coattails but doesn't hide it well - Everyoneknowsyou'regaySPIN.

Eye of the Tiger

Good post, but in the end doesn't change the fact that zoomies > all other exhaust.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

GoCougs

Quote from: LonghornTX on September 04, 2012, 11:05:39 PM
No, I am thinking the sedan. I have driven probably 25 different G37 sedans, my old dealership rented them from Hertz for our loaners

It's noticeable; more so than anything else in the class, but boy I wouldn't call it loud.

Either way, will find out shortly the results.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on September 05, 2012, 01:14:06 PM

Huh.  Since it was you that crashed and burned I don't know what you're talking about.

Colonel Cadillac

Like I said, I OWN you.

:facepalm:

You're acting like a middle schooler.

GoCougs

So then I'm again responsible for those who have chose to use me as the rock upon which to break themselves? This was simply a thread about mufflers and the Usual Contigent gave it a go and failed yet again. That I'm acting like a "middle schooler" is an indictment against the UC.

FlatBlackCaddy

giant_mtb

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on September 05, 2012, 07:26:20 PM
Yes, OLL indeed.

I must inquire...are you Out Laughing Loud or Out Loud Laughing...?

Rich

2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

GoCougs

UCists are entertaining if a bit tedious.

The exhaust should be here end of next week. Super busy with work so not sure when I'll get time for the install though.

mzziaz

Quote from: GoCougs on September 06, 2012, 07:48:19 AM
UCists are entertaining if a bit tedious.

The exhaust should be here end of next week. Super busy with work so not sure when I'll get time for the install though.

You should do an intake, too.....and new rims......and big wing.
Cuore Sportivo

Lebowski

No.  Looks like shit, and just seems cheesy and ricey as hell on that car.

Lebowski

Plus, you bought the G37 because I did. Ha, ha. You'll never live that down either.

Lol.

Northlands

I voted no. Whether it's a serious thread or not, I like the stock sound.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Soup DeVille

Here's the thing: everytime anybody else around here asks about a modification of any kind, you're the first to chime in with "The OEM engineers know what they're doing and have vastly more resources than any nickel and dime aftermarket outfit: whatever benefit you get from this modification will cost you in terns of reliability and/or usability."

You're the most anti-modification person here: So when people start to give you shit about your exhaust mods: Well, you made that bed.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

GoCougs

Quote from: Soup DeVille on September 06, 2012, 04:17:06 PM
Here's the thing: everytime anybody else around here asks about a modification of any kind, you're the first to chime in with "The OEM engineers know what they're doing and have vastly more resources than any nickel and dime aftermarket outfit: whatever benefit you get from this modification will cost you in terns of reliability and/or usability."

You're the most anti-modification person here: So when people start to give you shit about your exhaust mods: Well, you made that bed.

FalsepremisefailSPIN.

GoCougs

Quote from: Northlands on September 06, 2012, 03:02:17 PM
I voted no. Whether it's a serious thread or not, I like the stock sound.

It's the real dealio. Stuff will be delivered next week; hope to put it on next weekend.

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Rich

I think a NOS sticker would be good

A K&N sticker, too
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

MrH

Right next to the Ayn Rand sticker the G37 undoubtedly has.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Rupert

Soup DeVille

Quote from: GoCougs on September 07, 2012, 10:52:14 AM
FalsepremisefailSPIN.

Okay, show me one time where somevody here has ever asked about any modification and you DIDN't do what I've just accused you of, and I'll concede.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator