Roast potatoes

Started by Payman, September 05, 2012, 05:53:01 PM

Payman

We make a lot of roast potatoes, at least 2-3 times a week as a side to whatever delicious animal we're cooking up that evening. We're always experimenting with stuff to shake them up with, like Tuscany Italian olive oil, Roasted Red Pepper and Parmesan vinegarette salad dressing, and the various McCormick vegetable spices. Anyone got a great roast potato recipe I can try?

giant_mtb

Rupert

9x13 pan, fingerling potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, whole garlic, rosemary. Don't make the potatoes too small, cover and cook at the usual temps until done.

I use more typical (uncovered, not whole garlic) methods most of the time.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Lebowski

Good quality black pepper (I usually just buy tellicherry peppercorns from amazon) and a good quality peppermill and kosher salt, and some olive oil.

Rupert

I have a feeling he's done that to death...
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA