2o6 Flip Car thread!

Started by 2o6, September 11, 2012, 10:11:57 AM

2o6

Quote from: Madman on August 28, 2015, 09:00:54 PM

Congrats.  Now sell it quickly, before something expensive goes wrong!

Oops, too late!   :lol:

They're not serious codes; maybe $150 in parts

2o6

Also, in the sub 3k range, people want a car that RUNS first and formost

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 2o6 on August 28, 2015, 09:08:29 PM
They're not serious codes; maybe $150 in parts

Danger to manifold!
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: 2o6 on August 28, 2015, 09:41:37 PM
Also, in the sub 3k range, people want a car that RUNS first and formost

+1
Will

Eye of the Tiger

FlatBlackCaddy

BimmerM3

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on September 28, 2015, 01:24:59 PM
How would you be able to flip it for a profit?

I believe that ad is him flipping it for a profit.

2o6

FlatBlackCaddy

Your paying taxes on the profit, Right?

2o6

Eye of the Tiger

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

MrH

You said clean 7 times in a 153 word ad.  4.5% of your ad is just the word clean. 

Is this the beginning stages of the comeback of Random Capitalizing Kevin?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

GoCougs

FWIW the add states it doesn't leak yet one of those pics is one a very leak-stained driveway. I'd remove that pic. Also, carrying on about how it's the cleanest on CL and then reciting how everything is good that should be good (clean oil/coolant, no front end noise, smooth shifting, quiet exhaust, etc.) makes it sound a bit scammy or like a shady used car dealer. I'd just state that it's in great shape in and out, and then bullet list options/features and the major things that have been fixed/replaced (tires, brakes).

GoCougs

I'd also state why it has a rebuilt title - the add sorta implies that it wasn't in an accident, which also sounds a bit scammy.

2o6

FlatBlackCaddy

Yes, in my experience when an ad goes to great lengths to establish something I normally assume it's false.

"Very clean car, NO TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS AT ALL,
I use this car as a daily, everything works great, especially the transmission.
It gets good gas mileage on the freeway, and rides smoothly while NOT HUNTING FOR GEARS IN THE PROBLEM FREE TRANSMISSION.
All fluids have been changed as well as filters, transmission works great, power windows and locks with an aftermarket cd player, transmission works great, the ac blows cold, transmission works great, and the
tabs have just been renewed, transmission works great, I also have a spare set of the original factory keyless entry fobs."

Etc.

2o6

Lol, so this Jetta sale is going GREAT.

I cursed out a guy yesterday.

Initially, it sounded like a promising lead for a guy to buy this Jetta - lives about an hour and 20 mins away in Dresden, OH, and has a Jetta III and just got rid of an early Jetta IV. Says he knows a lot about VW's and he sounds generally like a charming older man. He asked me a weird question about my phone number; (I have a 330 area code, which is Akron Canton area, 100 miles away, instead of a 614 Columbus area code), but I didn't really pay it any mind. This being an older gentleman and not familar with text messaging, he asked me to email him the address so he can see and testdrive the car.

He says he's older and doesn't want to come out in the rain or too dark, so I schedule a time for saturday at 9:30. I send him the address of a well-lit elementary school that's near my house, because I don't meet at my home for CL transactions - never had an issue, most people prefer to do this as well.

Instantly, he starts quizzing me about the location, and says I'm a con-artist for not meeting at my home.

I try to placate this older man and tell him over and over again that I prefer to meet in public just for everyone's safety

Then he calls me a con-artist again, and that I would con him by meeting in public and he'd beat me up if I tried anything. He insists we meet at my house.

So I tell him to fuck off, and we aren't meeting, then he sends me a profanity laced email telling me he'd give me a "fuck off gift" if we ever met, and how he'd kick my ass

CL people are weird. And scary.

AutobahnSHO

Will

BimmerM3

Quote from: 2o6 on October 01, 2015, 10:16:28 AM
Lol, so this Jetta sale is going GREAT.

I cursed out a guy yesterday.

Initially, it sounded like a promising lead for a guy to buy this Jetta - lives about an hour and 20 mins away in Dresden, OH, and has a Jetta III and just got rid of an early Jetta IV. Says he knows a lot about VW's and he sounds generally like a charming older man. He asked me a weird question about my phone number; (I have a 330 area code, which is Akron Canton area, 100 miles away, instead of a 614 Columbus area code), but I didn't really pay it any mind. This being an older gentleman and not familar with text messaging, he asked me to email him the address so he can see and testdrive the car.

He says he's older and doesn't want to come out in the rain or too dark, so I schedule a time for saturday at 9:30. I send him the address of a well-lit elementary school that's near my house, because I don't meet at my home for CL transactions - never had an issue, most people prefer to do this as well.

Instantly, he starts quizzing me about the location, and says I'm a con-artist for not meeting at my home.

I try to placate this older man and tell him over and over again that I prefer to meet in public just for everyone's safety

Then he calls me a con-artist again, and that I would con him by meeting in public and he'd beat me up if I tried anything. He insists we meet at my house.

So I tell him to fuck off, and we aren't meeting, then he sends me a profanity laced email telling me he'd give me a "fuck off gift" if we ever met, and how he'd kick my ass

CL people are weird. And scary.

He's probably the con-artist.

2o6

Quote from: BimmerM3 on October 01, 2015, 10:46:41 AM
He's probably the con-artist.

yeah, with this car being rebuilt title, I feel like i'd sell it to him and he'd try and sue me or some shit.

GoCougs

Probably just a crazy angry old man. I've been lucky with CL having only run into one POS (whiny bitchy hippy type).

He kinda has point though - elementary school on a Saturday will be empty. Maybe next time try a Starbucks or supermarket parking lot - that's what I've done.

GoCougs

So why has the listing been flagged for removal? Did this crazy angry old man report you?

2o6

Quote from: GoCougs on October 01, 2015, 12:30:59 PM
So why has the listing been flagged for removal? Did this crazy angry old man report you?

Yeah, but I have a new link and s girl coming to look on Saturday.

GoCougs

Jesus. Well, there are more than a few people who exist to do nothing other than antagonize others.

FlatBlackCaddy

GoCougs

I've had awesome luck selling on CL - only met that one flaky whiny hippy bitch, and he was more annoying than anything - no cars but tires, wheels, lawn equipment, exhaust, iPhones, mountain bikes.