2o6 Flip Car thread!

Started by 2o6, September 11, 2012, 10:11:57 AM

2o6

Quote from: MrH on March 08, 2016, 08:40:25 AM
Not bad.  How many hours worth of work was that for you?

Maybe 2 hours. I outsourced the work, and I paid for a detail. The only work I did myself was the intake manifold gasket, and the oil sender, both of which took an hour. The door handle took ten minutes.

Also, I got utility out if the car since I did drive it to work since I didn't have the Yaris anymore.

2o6

Escape - sold

$3200

Profit - $1310

SVT_Power

:clap:

Why the hell do I work at a desk
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

2o6

Hahah yep.

I think I may stick to Escapes now

AutobahnSHO

Will

2o6

I just made 2,000 of profit in six weeks. That's more than I make at my job, in the same time span.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: 2o6 on March 14, 2016, 11:38:01 AM
I just made 2,000 of profit in six weeks. That's more than I make at my job, in the same time span.

how much is that dealer license again?   ;)
Will

MrH

Quote from: 2o6 on March 14, 2016, 11:38:01 AM

Lol. Columbus is going to have the best running Escapes in the country!

Automotive Escapes LLC.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

2o6

I bought another car today

2004 Vibe

Owned by a little old lady who put new tires on it and brakes before she gave up her keys. Then the timing chain snapped.

- urchanse price - $700

- new engine $800

- install $500

Kbb value 3900-4500.

Project profit 2k ish

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: 2o6 on March 17, 2016, 02:20:11 PM
I bought another car today

2004 Vibe

Owned by a little old lady who put new tires on it and brakes before she gave up her keys. Then the timing chain snapped.

- urchanse price - $700
- new engine $800
- install $500

Kbb value 3900-4500.

Project profit 2k ish

how do you find motors so cheap? I assume you just care that it lasts a year or so??......
Will

SVT_Power

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on March 17, 2016, 02:50:38 PM
how do you find motors so cheap? I assume you just care that it lasts a year or so??......

I think he only cares it runs half decently when he sells it, forget a year
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

2o6

Junkyard engines will last fine.

Idk what you're talking about

veeman

Timing chain snapped...  Do timing chains have to be replaced routinely like timing belts?  My 2007 Sonata has a timing chain and nothing in the maintenance manual says you should replace the timing chain at a certain mileage.

2o6

Quote from: veeman on March 18, 2016, 07:33:14 AM
Timing chain snapped...  Do timing chains have to be replaced routinely like timing belts?  My 2007 Sonata has a timing chain and nothing in the maintenance manual says you should replace the timing chain at a certain mileage.

In general, they're majtinence free. But sometimes things like improper maitnence can significantly reduce the life of the chain, which should last the life of the motor.

The timing chain guides on this car are plastic; there are a lot of these cars with well of 250k.

I'm thinking infrequent oil changes probably caused the guides to fail. My Toyota friend says the guides on this car are hydraulic, if it had any sludge in the oil, it could have gummed up a guide then snapped the chain.

Timing chains should last the life of the car.

ifcar

Quote from: 2o6 on March 18, 2016, 08:33:43 AM

In general, they're majtinence free. But sometimes things like improper maitnence can significantly reduce the life of the chain, which should last the life of the motor.

It sounds like it did!

2o6

It was owned by an old lady who's husband bought it new for her in 2004 from the Pontiac dealer he owned then sold in 2004. He died shortly after buying this car for her.

She realized she should give up her keys, and tried to get it ready for her grandkids (new tires new brakes). They had it for two weeks and the timing chain broke. And it was too small for them since they had three kids, so they sold it.

I will have literally $2000 in it, and it's worth 4K at least so I should make a hefty profit.

veeman

Quote from: 2o6 on March 18, 2016, 08:33:43 AM

The timing chain guides on this car are plastic; there are a lot of these cars with well of 250k.

I'm thinking infrequent oil changes probably caused the guides to fail. My Toyota friend says the guides on this car are hydraulic, if it had any sludge in the oil, it could have gummed up a guide then snapped the chain.

Timing chains should last the life of the car.

Thanks!! 

By the way, congratulations on your successful side business. 

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: 2o6 on March 18, 2016, 08:39:01 AM
I will have literally $2000 in it, and it's worth 4K at least so I should make a hefty profit.

Nice!
Will

2o6

Vibe runs.

So far

$700 - Purchase Price

$650 - engine

$500 - install

It'll need a $75 detail; the interior smells like old lady and cigarettes. And the headlights could use shined. And the Jesus fish needs removed.

Investment - $1925

KBB Value - $4395 (very good) to $3925 (good)

Profit range - $2470 - 2000

This may be my most profitable flip yet.

veeman

For all these years I had no idea what that fish symbol was for.  I seriously thought the owners liked to fish or boat.

ifcar

You could just offer the buyer to remove the Jesus fish if they like, but maybe they'd want it anyway!

mzziaz

Probably even increases the value of the car a little bit.

Previous CHRISTIAN owner!
Cuore Sportivo

2o6

Vibe's sold.

$4250.

I just made like $2200.

Speed_Racer

veeman

Sweet!

How much is a used car dealer license again :lol:

AutobahnSHO

Will

mzziaz

Quote from: 2o6 on March 31, 2016, 06:36:57 PM
Vibe's sold.

$4250.

I just made like $2200.

Yay!

Maybe small SUV's are a good niche for flipping.
Cuore Sportivo

2o6

Quote from: mzziaz on April 04, 2016, 04:37:02 AM
Yay!

Maybe small SUV's are a good niche for flipping.

The Vibe is a hatchback, though. There's nothing SUV like the Vibe at all, it's literally a Pontiac badged Toyota Matrix, which is a Corolla hatchback.

Same 1.8L, 4-speed automatic, and FWD.  :huh:

ifcar

These days, black plastic trim and optional all-wheel-drive are enough to make it a crossover. See Mazda CX-3.

mzziaz

But, it's.... taller, at least?
Cuore Sportivo