***Some 130i performance photos / nice location***

Started by cawimmer430, September 17, 2012, 11:13:54 AM

cawimmer430

Abandoned military airfield in Leipheim, about 170 km north-west of Munich. Great place. I hope to shoot some cars here in the future as this is place is basically open to the public. I just hope that Munich-based clients are willing to do that 340 km roundtrip!!! I certainly am!

Rode with my clients BMW 130i to the location. I just had my rucksack with my camera and a telephoto lens along. That 130i pulls nicely on the Autobahn. That inline-6 is smooth and quiet and responds right away. A shame that BMW is now all-turbo motors in their lineup. But this engine also drinks like crazy. His range isn't even close to 500 km, which is pathetic.

This place is sweet - and massive. But I didn't have time to shoot many photos of the location because I helped the guy set up the pylons for his performance driving on the runway. The guy owns a performance-driving-school-business and he wanted to test the runway and surrounding area for his future lessons.

Some impressions of the place...

The 130i in action on the wide and long runway of this former military base. RWD + 6-speed M/T + inline-6 + gasoline fuel + 0-60 in under 7 seconds + track/performance driving = BonerSPIN, baby!  :rockon:

Side drift! That inline-6 made glorious noises!

Check out the tire tracks in the asphalt!

And over the course of the day, this is what happened to the front tires! :lol:

^Luckily he had two reserve tires along which he mounted on the front. Rear tires were ok. The way he was driving the car pushed all the weight unto the front tires. By the way, according to him those tires were 6 weeks old! And now they're ruined!  :lol:^
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

MexicoCityM3

Nice.

tell your friend if he is going to drive like that he needs to get camber plates for the front.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

cawimmer430

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on September 17, 2012, 12:31:45 PM
Nice.

tell your friend if he is going to drive like that he needs to get camber plates for the front.

He's doing that next week. He tends to setup his car for whatever he does. Last week he was at the 'Ring giving his students rides in his 130i and they reported that he drove pretty well on the track. He certainly has a lot of performance driving talent from what I've seen.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie