Spy Shots: 2007 GMC Envoy

Started by BMWDave, October 27, 2005, 06:55:18 AM

BMWDave

Our spies captured a 2007 GMC Envoy in a vulnerable position while its handlers stopped for a Whopper.  (Photo courtesy of KGP Photography)

Spy Shots: 2007 GMC Envoy
By: Phil Lienert

Date Posted 10-26-2005

Clear from these pictures, the updated twin to the 2007 Chevy TrailBlazer has undergone quite a makeover, with a slightly higher beltline and more prominent wheel arches than past editions of the vehicle. New six-spoke wheels will be part of the package, and customers will be able to class up their Envoys with optional chrome trim. The protective sheath on the front end of this midsize SUV obscures the redesigned fascia, which includes a new, larger GMC grille.

The brand-new sheet metal will be accompanied by a completely updated interior. Note the more user-friendly instrument panel, higher-grade seats and optional navigation system. Cargo space will also be boosted and made more easily accessible thanks to a power-assisted rear liftgate.

Other upgrades not visible to the eye include roof-mounted head curtain side airbags and larger DVD screens for the rear-passenger entertainment systems. GM's emphatic safety message will be carried home through the application of standard StabiliTrak with antirollover capabilities, revised four-wheel disc brakes with improved ABS, and Generation 6 OnStar.

The 2007 Envoy's 4.2-liter inline six will see its output boosted as well as its fuel economy, thanks to the addition of both Displacement on Demand cylinder deactivation and Variable Valve Timing.

The 2007 GMC Envoy is due out in the fall of 2006 alongside the 2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer, following the official debut of GM's redesigned SUV and truck lineup at the 2006 Detroit Auto Show.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

TBR

Wow, that interior is awesome. Though I do wish the instrument cluster wasn't so close to the 2g Montero's.

ifcar

It looks odd in the outside rearview, but the interior looks great aside from the gauges.

giant_mtb

What's with the absolutely crazy rear end?  <_<  

TBR

It is pretty sad when a company has to resort to Mitsubishi styling cues:

giant_mtb

QuoteIt is pretty sad when a company has to resort to Mitsubishi styling cues:
Uhh... :blink:  

TBR

ifcar

Those gauges have appeared on more than Mitsus, including a few older GMs, but I just don't like them anyway.

giant_mtb

I'm still not seeing any striking resemblances between the two.  :ph34r:  

ifcar

TBR's talking about the gauge cluster.  

TBR

QuoteThose gauges have appeared on more than Mitsus, including a few older GMs, but I just don't like them anyway.
Yeah, the Montero was just what I thought of when I saw them.  

ifcar

I'd say the Suzuki Verona's are the closest of any current car:

Raghavan

so cal cookie

I think that's the GMC Acadia, not the Envoy.  The Acadia is the GMC's version of the Lambda platform.

Compare to the Saturn Outlook:

The mirrors, windows, and rear hatch are identical.