Close Calls

Started by SaltyDog, October 28, 2005, 08:00:47 PM

Colonel Cadillac

QuoteThis was back out in Altoona, where traffic is always sparse and there are nothing but highways everywhere.  

I was doing about 120 in a 40 on a deserted road when I come to a stop at red light.  Pulling in behind me was an Altoona Sheriff!  All of a sudden I couldn't breathe very well and my interior became about 100 degrees (it was under 30 outside).  I thought about turning off or trying to run, but I was caught dead.  I kept going, accelerated slowly to 40mph, and the sheriff turned off at the next light.  I had to pull off the road to get my breathing back to normal.
Holy Crap man!

Colonel Cadillac

QuoteMore recently, I was doing about 80 mph southbound on the Merritt Parkway in Norwalk, CT (speed limit 55 mph) when I saw a trooper come racing up behind me with his lights flashing.  I thought for sure I would shortly be sitting on the side of the road waiting for the most recent addition to my ticket collection.  I moved to the right lane, and he just kept driving, maintaining a speed of about 85 mph.  After he got a little bit ahead of me, I resumed my speed and followed him at a discreet distance.
I have pretty much never seen a cop on the Merritt Parkway around there.  

dazzleman

QuoteMore recently, I was doing about 80 mph southbound on the Merritt Parkway in Norwalk, CT (speed limit 55 mph) when I saw a trooper come racing up behind me with his lights flashing.  I thought for sure I would shortly be sitting on the side of the road waiting for the most recent addition to my ticket collection.  I moved to the right lane, and he just kept driving, maintaining a speed of about 85 mph.  After he got a little bit ahead of me, I resumed my speed and followed him at a discreet distance.
I have pretty much never seen a cop on the Merritt Parkway around there.
It is pretty rare.  In the past ten years, that I can remember, I've probably seen them set up speed enforcement 2-3 times on that road.  There are no shoulders, and therefore no good places to pull people over safely.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Raza

QuoteThis was back out in Altoona, where traffic is always sparse and there are nothing but highways everywhere. 

I was doing about 120 in a 40 on a deserted road when I come to a stop at red light.  Pulling in behind me was an Altoona Sheriff!  All of a sudden I couldn't breathe very well and my interior became about 100 degrees (it was under 30 outside).  I thought about turning off or trying to run, but I was caught dead.  I kept going, accelerated slowly to 40mph, and the sheriff turned off at the next light.  I had to pull off the road to get my breathing back to normal.
Holy Crap man!
Yeah, that was close.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.