Fiat, It's Mine!

Started by Rupert, November 10, 2012, 10:44:36 PM

hotrodalex

Quote from: Rupert on November 12, 2012, 09:01:51 PM
Put it in and then don't do anything = soaking.

I'm not sure it's really a thing...

It'd still count as sex, so whoever does it is an idiot.

Rupert

I think Raza had a point. Heading to The Garage to start a thread!
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Rupert on November 12, 2012, 09:01:51 PM
Put it in and then don't do anything = soaking.

I'm not sure it's really a thing...

That's called Tantric sex, and last time I checked, it was still a kind of sex.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Rupert

Quote from: hotrodalex on November 12, 2012, 09:03:25 PM
It'd still count as sex, so whoever does it is an idiot.

But people do it?

It sounds alright, actually. As long as you have a pretty high level of intimacy with your partner and it's followed by actual sex, that is. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Rupert

I should rephrase; do Mormons do it?

Tave

I've heard it's relatively prevalent within the Utah Mormon community. I heard about it for the first time on a college football message board from a bunch of BYU, Utah, and Utah State kids and people who either grew up Mormon or grew up in Utah.

I met a non-Mormon from Salt Lake City a few weeks ago at a party. We were joking around and people were asking him what's it like to live in SLC. I asked him if he knew what soaking was and he burst out laughing and said "Yeah, I know what it is. How the hell do you know what it is?"

So in other words, yes, my internet research and 1-person drunken survey proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's real. And it's an epidemic.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Rupert on November 12, 2012, 09:05:57 PM
I should rephrase; do Mormons do it?

No idea. I've never heard of anyone actually doing it.

Then again, I didn't grow up in Utah. Mormons do all sorts of weird things here.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Tave on November 12, 2012, 09:15:10 PM
I've heard it's relatively prevalent within the Utah Mormon community. I heard about it for the first time on a college football message board from a bunch of BYU, Utah, and Utah State kids and people who either grew up Mormon or grew up in Utah.

I met a non-Mormon from Salt Lake City a few weeks ago at a party. We were joking around and people were asking him what's it like to live in SLC. I asked him if he knew what soaking was and he burst out laughing and said "Yeah, I know what it is. How the hell do you know what it is?"

So in other words, yes, my internet research and 1-person drunken survey proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's real. And it's an epidemic.

yeah, so I regrettably googled it.

I just don't see how it doesn't count as sex.

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

hotrodalex

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 12, 2012, 09:21:20 PM
I just don't see how it doesn't count as sex.

It does. That's why I said only an idiot would do it. If you're gonna break the rules, might as well just go all the way.

MrH

Hate to be so up front, but what are the rules for Mormons?   You can't bang, I'm guessing BJs aren't fair game either?  Can you at least play with some titties?

...This thread took a really weird turn.

Nice car though Psilos! :lol:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Rupert

hotrodalex

Quote from: MrH on November 12, 2012, 09:38:24 PM
Hate to be so up front, but what are the rules for Mormons?   You can't bang, I'm guessing BJs aren't fair game either?  Can you at least play with some titties?

...This thread took a really weird turn.

Nice car though Psilos! :loL:

No sex (normal, oral, anal).

Not sure what playing with boobs would be considered.

hotrodalex

Anyway, about the Fiat... Have you driven it yet?

MrH

Quote from: hotrodalex on November 12, 2012, 09:44:41 PM
No sex (normal, oral, anal).

Not sure what playing with boobs would be considered.

So Joseph Smith gave you permission to get blue balls, but that's it!  Got it :lol:

Quote from: Rupert on November 12, 2012, 09:40:51 PM
So, Fiat!

Mmmmm, yes.  So it runs, right?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Rupert

Yes, runs pretty good (though not after it's been on a tow dolly for 400 miles). Once the alternator is on and charging, I'll be pretty much good to go. Bunch of little stuff.

Haven't driven it except to load it on the dolly and around to the alley to stick it in the garage.

Rupert

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Soup DeVille

so far all i've gotten out of this discussion is that there is yet another perfectly normal word that now has sexual connotations. Great!

850CSi

Quote from: Soup DeVille on November 12, 2012, 10:22:09 PM
so far all i've gotten out of this discussion is that there is yet another perfectly normal word that now has sexual connotations. Great!

:lol:

Secret Chimp

Does the 1600 head have the same size valves as the 2000?

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Rupert

I have no idea. It's a recommended mod, though.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 850CSi on November 12, 2012, 11:15:19 PM
:lol:

if it keeps going this way, there won't be a sentence left in the english language that can't be considered some sort of double entendre.

Laconian

Yeah, you can't even bro fist anymore without people getting untoward thoughts!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Laconian on November 13, 2012, 12:27:25 AM
Yeah, you can't even bro fist anymore without people getting untoward thoughts!

yeah, thanks for putting that image into my head. Thanks a lot.

Rupert

Ward, I think you were a little hard on the Beaver last night.

Laconian

Better let the beaver soak for a while.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Rupert on November 13, 2012, 12:19:50 AM
I have no idea. It's a recommended mod, though.

Recommended by who, crappy-wiring guy?

ChrisV

Congrats on the car! Love the 124 Spiders, and the early ones especially. The 2 liter is the better engine, especially after the emissions are removed and it's allowed to breathe, though the fuel injection is MUCH nicer to live with than the carbs (it's bosch after all and easy to work on/reliable).

Look for the book by Guy Croft on these Fiat and Lancia engines.

Wiring is actually quite simple, just make sure the connections are kept clean and use a good dielectic grease in the connectors to keep them from corroding (poor russian alloys are a bad mix in these cars, but keeping the connectors clean means they can be daily driveable reliable)

Again, here's mine:

http://home.comcast.net/~cvetters3/fiat_spider.htm

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: hotrodalex on November 12, 2012, 09:16:35 PM
in Utah. Mormons do all sorts of weird things here.

+1

Sad because parts of Utah are beautiful. I'd almost consider retiring there- except there are definitely too many Mormons..

BTW even heavy petting and french kissing are discouraged before marriage. They are "gateway sex" actions.....
Will

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)