C7

Started by Rich, December 01, 2012, 02:04:32 PM

sportyaccordy

New Vette starts at 55K I think, I am certain all the extra $$$ went to the interior

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Lebowski on December 05, 2012, 09:46:33 AM

Cruze didn't start in MY05 (and doesn't have that great an interior itself IMO).

We don't operate in a cost plus world, if it was all that viable to produce something with Corvette performance with BMW or Porsche interior quality for only nominally more than Corvette pricing, someone would have done it.  GM cheaps out on materials more than just a few interior components (seats, leather quality, paint quality etc), it all adds up. Bottom line of you want BMW/Porsche materials expect to pay BMW/Porsche prices.
I agree 100%! And the C7 will be a lot more car for about 10% more than a base C6. I also excited to see what the MPG will be with the addition of cylinder deactivation. C&D is predicting mid 20s in V4 Mode.
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

MrH

An '05 MY vehicle's interior will almost always be significantly worse than a newer vehicle.  8 years is an eternity in terms of process development.  The interior will be a ton nicer simple because everyone got a lot better at making higher content interiors for not a substantial price increase.

This will damn near be Viper level in terms of the interior.  I'm not too excited about the exterior so far, but I think overall, this will be an even better deal than the previous corvettes.  No matter what the exterior details end up looking like, I'm sure it'll look bad ass in black.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV