The New Rig Has Arrived!

Started by saxonyron, November 01, 2005, 12:12:03 PM

saxonyron

Just delivered yesterday - 5.4L V8 3valve/cylinder. 300 HP/330 LB-FT Torque.  

Opening both doors reveals an enormous cabin.  This thing is huge....

Here are the dreaded power window and lock switches...  :D

Pretty basic interior, but I like it much better than GM's...

The undercarriage of this thing is massive.  The axle, frame, driveshaft, etc. look like they're from a semi rig.  :o

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

giant_mtb

This is a brand new truck, right?  If so, why is the driveshaft the color of rust and why is there paint chippin/rust in other spots?  :blink:  

Speed_Racer

Welcome to New England. Rust starts forming even before the paint dries.  :P  

J86

Is it gonna get a company logo or no?

thewizard16

Pretty nice for a company truck. What'd the price come in at, again?
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

TBR

I have always thought that extend cab long bed half tons look a little dorky, but I am sure that configuration was a necessity for your business. Otherwise, it looks great.

Fire It Up

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

Catman

Sax, is that the dancing place in the background?  *edit* Now that I look it seems that's the Verizon garage.* My daughter used to go there.

Nice truck! :rockon:

SaltyDog

Looks good :rockon:   Is that your Audi between the truck and the Windstar?

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

TBR

QuoteWhat business?
He is a contractor. The truck isn't a personal use vehicle, I believe it is strictly for business.

saxonyron

Thanks for comments!  Finally got back home from another relaxing day at work!  :blink: Had a project bidding deadline that ate up the whole day - craziness, but you gotta make hay when the sun shines!

TBR - yup - I run 4 E-150's (traded in a 5th E-150 for this one), and now 2 F-150's.  I never get to drive the things, but the F-150's are sweet.  (E-150's - ehhh...)  Each Field Manager has a pickup, every crew has an E-150.  

Catman - Verizon Garage - our neighbors.  Dancing place is a few doors down on the left.  I keep my pink tutu in a locker down there, but would rather not get into that....  :o

wizard16, sticker $35,000, final price just under $28k when rebates, discount, etc all total.  The sticker blew me away, but in retrospect, the final price wasn't too bad.

J-86 - company logo for sure.  3 weeks lead time for the ladder racks, a couple weeks for the logo.  Gotta be representing the corporate image!

Salty Dog - yeah - that's the A6 peaking out there.  One of my guys has a 2.8L A6 too, so we have reserved parking.  ;)

giant mtb - new, yes, but likely sat around someone's lot for a few months.  Surface rust and the dings - par for the course, I guess.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

SaltyDog

Cool.  Do the new models still beep when seatbelts aren't buckled?  That used to drive the landscaping guys crazy until they started buckling the belt and sitting over it.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

saxonyron

QuoteCool.  Do the new models still beep when seatbelts aren't buckled?  That used to drive the landscaping guys crazy until they started buckling the belt and sitting over it.
I'm not sure.  I'm a seatbelt wearing guy, and I can't stand the beeping when you start the car without it.  I'm pretty sure it stops after about 15 seconds, then just leaves the dash light on reminding you.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

footoflead

Nice truck, [insert random aint ford comment]....hope you dont have to fix or repair daily

(i just had to throw that in there)
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's