Epic Malaise Era Battle # 1 - Ford Pinto vs Mercury Bobcat

Started by cawimmer430, December 27, 2012, 04:07:57 AM

Which one for you?

Ford Pinto
Mercury Bobcat
Please point a gun at my head and pull the trigger! Please! I beg you!

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

cawimmer430

I'll take the Mercury. More chrome on the outside, baby!  :rockon:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Onslaught

Bobcat. Because people won't know WTF it is but everyone knows what a Pinto was. It be better if I could have the outfit that guy has on too.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Onslaught on December 27, 2012, 05:18:18 AM
Bobcat. Because people won't know WTF it is but everyone knows what a Pinto was. It be better if I could have the outfit that guy has on too.

That's some pretty sweet logic actually. :lol:

Ah yes, '70s fashion and hairstyles...AWESOME!!!  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Payman

Except for hilariously gaudy trim, they are the same cars. A better battle would be between these cars and the Chevy Vega/Pontiac Astre.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Rockraven on December 27, 2012, 08:10:45 AM
Except for hilariously gaudy trim, they are the same cars. A better battle would be between these cars and the Chevy Vega/Pontiac Astre.

That will be in the future!  :praise:

Expect stuff like:

Dodge Aspen vs Plymouth Volare
Ford LTD vs Mercury Grand Marquis

etc.

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Payman

The Vega was actually a good looking car, kinda like a 3/4 Camaro. I'd even have one with upgraded suspension/brakes and a 305/350 engine.

Payman

Quote from: cawimmer430 on December 27, 2012, 08:13:36 AM
That will be in the future!  :praise:

Expect stuff like:

Dodge Aspen vs Plymouth Volare
Ford LTD vs Mercury Grand Marquis

etc.

Instead of pitting the SAME CAR against each other, how about Aspen vs Fairmont, LTD vs Diplomat, Monza vs Mustang ll, etc.

FoMoJo

Typically, anything from Mercury was a bit more upscale but, in this case, I choose the Pinto.  The Bobcat is, kinda, ugly whereas the Pinto is kinda perky looking.

Another good comparison/choice would be a...

Ford Falcon

or a Mercury Comet

In this case, I would choose the Mercury...much classier.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

giant_mtb

Why would you ask between a Pinto and a Bobcat?  That's like asking someone if they'd rather have a Crown Vic or a Grand Marquis.  What's the point.

But, I'd take the Bobcat 'cause nobody would know what the heck it is, as mentioned.

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Northlands

Quote from: FoMoJo on December 27, 2012, 09:40:52 AM
Typically, anything from Mercury was a bit more upscale but, in this case, I choose the Pinto.  The Bobcat is, kinda, ugly whereas the Pinto is kinda perky looking.

Another good comparison/choice would be a...

Ford Falcon

or a Mercury Comet

In this case, I would choose the Mercury...much classier.

Comet. All the way, and then some.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

cawimmer430

Quote from: Rockraven on December 27, 2012, 08:19:21 AM
Instead of pitting the SAME CAR against each other, how about Aspen vs Fairmont, LTD vs Diplomat, Monza vs Mustang ll, etc.

Good idea for future polls.

But I kind of like the idea of "Rebadge vs Rebadge".  :cheers:

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 27, 2012, 10:57:37 AM
Why would you ask between a Pinto and a Bobcat?  That's like asking someone if they'd rather have a Crown Vic or a Grand Marquis.  What's the point.

But, I'd take the Bobcat 'cause nobody would know what the heck it is, as mentioned.

Between the CV and GM, I'd take the CV!  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

Four people choose the execution option. Damn, these cars must have sucked so badly then, eh?  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MX793

Quote from: cawimmer430 on December 28, 2012, 07:09:27 AM
Four people choose the execution option. Damn, these cars must have sucked so badly then, eh?  :lol:

You either die a fast, clean death by execution or die a horrible death in a fireball when somebody rear-ends your POS car.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

Quote from: MX793 on December 28, 2012, 07:13:51 AM
You either die a fast, clean death by execution or die a horrible death in a fireball when somebody rear-ends your POS car.

:lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

AutobahnSHO

I have to vote Mercury on this one. It's way uglier but I judge these ones on the models (if present)....
Will