C7 Corvette

Started by Cookie Monster, December 29, 2012, 11:09:40 PM

FlatBlackCaddy

And even after it's burnt to a crisp it would still be worth more than the chevy.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on January 13, 2015, 12:53:31 PM
Your Million dollar Porsche wouldn't make the race cuz it would burn itself to a crisp at the gas pump.  :partyon:

:clap:

GoCougs

Ha ha toaster strudel!

Raza

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on January 12, 2015, 05:26:57 PM
What a victory, he completed one track event in a 100k dollar car on it's second motor within a few thousand miles.

Was gm there at the finish line with a press crew and champagne?

:lol:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

FlatBlackCaddy

Came across this over at the Corvette forum...got a chuckle out of it.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Chevy Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter gives an answer to the Z06 overheating problems here.  :confused:

http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/ask-tadge/3610770-answered-car-overheating-issues-on-track.html
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

SVT666

That doesn't address the ECU programming at all.

hotrodalex

Quote from: SVT666 on February 23, 2015, 10:38:43 PM
That doesn't address the ECU programming at all.

Good thing he said "addressed the heating problems", then.

SVT666

I think the overheating problems are pretty minor compared to the ECU problem.

hotrodalex

Quote from: SVT666 on February 23, 2015, 11:07:05 PM
I think the overheating problems are pretty minor compared to the ECU problem.

Okay well email him asking for an answer or something. His explanation of the overheating was good, not sure why you're hatin on him for that.

GoCougs

So IOW there is no overheating or ECU "problem".

GoCougs

Well, there is with 8AT I guess, but that's not a "problem". ALL slushie ATs will overheat fairly quickly by definition.

r0tor

They design for 86 deg F???? Good god what a bunch of incompetent Nimrods.  He pretty much also explains they engineer the car for the 99% of owners who do not track the car, not the 1% that does... You know despite developing a Z07 appearance package for down force on race tracks and all that other hooplah.

Pathetic sports car engineering.  Plain and simple.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

12,000 RPM

Lol the hate. Come on guys.

86F is kind of BS though, not unreasonable for tracks to reach temps way higher than ambient when it's sunny. Track temps at the Malaysian Moto GP track were above 130F on Monday.

hotrodalex

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 24, 2015, 09:35:26 AM

86F is kind of BS though, not unreasonable for tracks to reach temps way higher than ambient when it's sunny. Track temps at the Malaysian Moto GP track were above 130F on Monday.

I'd like to know what temperature other companies design for.

MX793

At least half of the US sees ambient temps of 86 or more on a semi regular basis in the summer.  Was this designed for use in Alaska?  Sorry, that's just plain under engineering and poor design requirement/parameter selection.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

SVT666

The car is under engineered. Plain and simple.

SVT666

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 24, 2015, 09:35:26 AM

So which is it?  We're haters, or we expect a car company to engineer the car to be able to do what it's competitors can do?  You say so yourself that 86F is a bit ridiculous.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: SVT666 on February 24, 2015, 10:01:01 AM
So which is it?  We're haters, or we expect a car company to engineer the car to be able to do what it's competitors can do?  You say so yourself that 86F is a bit ridiculous.
Both. The level of emotional investment in this faux pas is a couple shades past ridiculous. GM dun goofed. So wat? The people screaming the loudest about this injustice are never going to buy this car. And I'm sure the aftermarket will swoop in for solutions to GM's follies just as they have for decades.

Like I said GM put 100lb of shit in a 5lb bag. If u really want a track car u will buy a track car. An old C5 with big wheels/tires/brakes and mild suspension/engine work will run similar lap times for like 1/3 the price.

FlatBlackCaddy

Haters keep hating.

Look, a GM mouthpiece came out and clearly stated that the company that writes his checks didn't do anything wrong. what the hell more do you people need for proof?

hotrodalex

Quote from: MX793 on February 24, 2015, 09:42:09 AM
At least half of the US sees ambient temps of 86 or more on a semi regular basis in the summer.  Was this designed for use in Alaska?  Sorry, that's just plain under engineering and poor design requirement/parameter selection.

Only if it's a lower design parameter than other manufacturers.

Galaxy

Quote from: hotrodalex on February 24, 2015, 09:40:30 AM
I'd like to know what temperature other companies design for.

Well for the VW Phaeton, Piëch demanded that it be able to drive at 155mph all day, at 122F, while maintaining an interior temperature of 72F. That should be put into Marriam Webster as the definition of over engineering.  :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 24, 2015, 10:14:24 AM
Both. The level of emotional investment in this faux pas is a couple shades past ridiculous. GM dun goofed. So wat? The people screaming the loudest about this injustice are never going to buy this car. And I'm sure the aftermarket will swoop in for solutions to GM's follies just as they have for decades.

Like I said GM put 100lb of shit in a 5lb bag. If u really want a track car u will buy a track car. An old C5 with big wheels/tires/brakes and mild suspension/engine work will run similar lap times for like 1/3 the price.

What relevance is the weight of the bag compared to the weight of the contents, unless you are specifically considering the material and construction of the bag? With the information given, one cannot determine whether or not the bag is a suitable container. In this case, where the goal is to overflow a container with feces, it would be much more appropriate to specify units of volume. For example: "GM put ten-gallons of shit in a five-gallon bucket."
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

GoCougs

This issue is very good education for haters and fans alike. Cars are designed to a spec and will be ever more so as competition and design/manufacturing technology advances.

So Z06s are flying off the shelf like never before, and that is the goal.

GoCougs

Quote from: Galaxy on February 24, 2015, 10:50:06 AM
Well for the VW Phaeton, Piëch demanded that it be able to drive at 155mph all day, at 122F, while maintaining an interior temperature of 72F. That should be put into Marriam Webster as the definition of over engineering.  :lol:

VW should have put that "over engineering" into making the electronics of the car actually somewhat reliable rather into a spec that will benefit precisely 0% of buyers.

hotrodalex

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on February 24, 2015, 11:37:14 AM
What relevance is the weight of the bag compared to the weight of the contents, unless you are specifically considering the material and construction of the bag? With the information given, one cannot determine whether or not the bag is a suitable container. In this case, where the goal is to overflow a container with feces, it would be much more appropriate to specify units of volume. For example: "GM put ten-gallons of shit in a five-gallon bucket."

lol

SVT666

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on February 24, 2015, 10:14:24 AM

Actually the people screaming the loudest are the people that bought the car and found out their new car only makes the advertised horsepower once a day. 

12,000 RPM

Quote from: GoCougs on February 24, 2015, 11:49:25 AM
This issue is very good education for haters and fans alike. Cars are designed to a spec and will be ever more so as competition and design/manufacturing technology advances.

So Z06s are flying off the shelf like never before, and that is the goal.
Yah the Z06 is a marketing exercise and a prosthetic penis for most of the folks buying it. Folks who can legit afford six figure toys who want to do serious track days regularly have better options IMO. "Track day specials" are past the point of absurdity IMO. This whole overheating debacle is proof of that.

GoCougs

There are only a few legit "track day specials" that one can buy factory new and the Z06 isn't one of them (no F/I car is).