The G-spot

Started by SVT666, January 09, 2013, 05:30:19 PM

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on September 09, 2013, 11:13:14 PM
Which app is it? Sounds a bit slow actually.
Magazines use the 1 foot rollout drag racing rule which accounts for 0.2-0.3 seconds.

GoCougs

12,000 RPM

Damn, gonna have to try that app for the car and the bike. Just need to find an empty quarter mile.....
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on September 10, 2013, 12:17:29 AM
And the app?
I posted it a couple posts back for Kevin.  It's called "Measurement of Acceleration"

GoCougs

Hmmm. A lot of these apps use GPS - do not want an app logging/tracking my acceleration runs...

12,000 RPM

Quote from: GoCougs on September 10, 2013, 08:59:36 AM
Hmmm. A lot of these apps use GPS - do not want an app logging/tracking my acceleration runs...
They do anyway. Even if they didn't, they document your average speed. IPhones have really good GPS too :)

They're coming for you

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on September 10, 2013, 08:59:36 AM
Why not?  What's gonna happen Cougs?  Are the big bad cops going to find you?

GoCougs

In case you two turkeys haven't noticed the US government(s) pretty much as its hands in ALL centrally stored data and communication, and a lot of the activity done with this app would be illegal if not infractionist.

hotrodalex

Yes, the federal government is going to knock down your front door because you did a 0-60 run.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on September 10, 2013, 10:22:22 AM
In case you two turkeys haven't noticed the US government(s) pretty much as its hands in ALL centrally stored data and communication, and a lot of the activity done with this app would be illegal if not infractionist.
Are you being fucking serious?  You better get rid of your iPhone altogether then, because they know you're travelling in the HOV lane.

GoCougs

Jesus, are you guys ever naive...

hotrodalex

Sorry, I'll go get my tin foil hat.

SVT666

OMG!  There was a knock at my door.  It's gotta be the RCMP.  They must have found out about my 0-60 run yesterday from my phone.  I'm gonna hide under the stairs.

Laconian

Still have G37x for day two. I feel like I'm sitting up too high when I drive it.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Raza

Quote from: Laconian on September 10, 2013, 11:10:36 AM
Still have G37x for day two. I feel like I'm sitting up too high when I drive it.

I feel that way getting in any regular car.  Parked next to a G37S coupe the other day and couldn't get over how massive it is. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: Laconian on September 10, 2013, 11:10:36 AM
Can you lower the seat?  There should be no difference between the cars.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  on September 10, 2013, 11:15:32 AM
I feel that way getting in any regular car.  Parked next to a G37S coupe the other day and couldn't get over how massive it is.
It's not massive, your car is just tiny.

GoCougs

Quote from: Raza  on September 10, 2013, 11:15:32 AM

Massive? Must have been next to something else.

GoCougs

Quote from: SVT666 on September 10, 2013, 11:16:06 AM
Can you lower the seat?  There should be no difference between the cars.

Plenty of difference; the sedan sits higher than the coupe and the AWD model sits higher than the RWD model.

GoCougs

Quote from: hotrodalex on September 10, 2013, 10:50:10 AM
Sorry, I'll go get my tin foil hat.

Quote from: SVT666 on September 10, 2013, 11:04:20 AM
OMG!  There was a knock at my door.  It's gotta be the RCMP.  They must have found out about my 0-60 run yesterday from my phone.  I'm gonna hide under the stairs.

Ha, ha! You guys are suckers in the extreme. The conspiracy nuts who for a long time maintained that the US federal government was tapping into pretty much ALL electronic communication; web surfing, cell phone, texting, email, etc.; look like geniuses now.

I'm gonna look for an up that doesn't upload to a server. Not a complete guarantee but it's much safer.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on September 10, 2013, 11:31:38 AM
Ha, ha! You guys are suckers in the extreme. The conspiracy nuts who for a long time maintained that the US federal government was tapping into pretty much ALL electronic communication; web surfing, cell phone, texting, email, etc.; look like geniuses now.
I've been saying that for at least 12 years, so I must be a genius.  The government isn't going to come to your door because of a 0-60 run.  You're paranoid.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on September 10, 2013, 11:27:24 AM
Plenty of difference; the sedan sits higher than the coupe and the AWD model sits higher than the RWD model.
The difference is 0.6" between the coupe and the AWD.

GoCougs

Quote from: SVT666 on September 10, 2013, 11:47:33 AM
The difference is 0.6" between the coupe and the AWD.

The coupe sits ~1" lower than the sedan so he's at least 1.5" higher in the AWD sedan. So, quite different, and definitely noticeable.

Laconian

The pedal placement is very different too.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on September 10, 2013, 12:20:22 PM
The coupe sits ~1" lower than the sedan so he's at least 1.5" higher in the AWD sedan. So, quite different, and definitely noticeable.
Go look at Infiniti's website.  It's 0.6" difference between the Coupe and the AWD sedan right there on their own spec sheets.

Laconian

My brain and body think that I'm up higher.

Maybe it's a result of the taller greenhouse or more upright windshield? Perhaps the windowsills are lower? :huh:

GoCougs

Quote from: SVT666 on September 10, 2013, 01:16:03 PM
Go look at Infiniti's website.  It's 0.6" difference between the Coupe and the AWD sedan right there on their own spec sheets.

Almost. Have to subtract headroom (distance from seat to roof) from overall height to get seat height from the road.

AWD sedan specs w/moonroof:  Overall height of 57.8" - headroom of 39.1" = 18.7"

RWD coupe specs w/moonroof:  Overall height of 54.8" - headroom of 37.7" = 17.1"

The G37 sedan has its seat 18.6" - 17.1" = 1.6" higher off the ground vs. the G37 coupe.

GoCougs

So I downloaded a dyno app that I'm pretty sure doesn't upload anything to a server...

I am getting consistent 0-60 times of 5.4 sec. I was getting it in both directions so the ground is pretty flat. Best times came with brake torquing at max throttle and manually shifting at red line

I had only about 1/8th a tank of gas but also ~100 lbs of mountain bike and gear on/in the car. Altitude is ~400', temp was in the 70s and humidity was fairly low. With an unloaded car and colder temps I should shave 0.1 sec. Will try again when unloaded.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on September 10, 2013, 03:34:24 PM
Almost. Have to subtract headroom (distance from seat to roof) from overall height to get seat height from the road.

AWD sedan specs w/moonroof:  Overall height of 57.8" - headroom of 39.1" = 18.7"

RWD coupe specs w/moonroof:  Overall height of 54.8" - headroom of 37.7" = 17.1"

The G37 sedan has its seat 18.6" - 17.1" = 1.6" higher off the ground vs. the G37 coupe.
Oops, my bad.  I was looking at the numbers for the G37x Coupe, not the sedan.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on September 10, 2013, 03:58:59 PM
So I downloaded a dyno app that I'm pretty sure doesn't upload anything to a server...

I am getting consistent 0-60 times of 5.4 sec. I was getting it in both directions so the ground is pretty flat. Best times came with brake torquing at max throttle and manually shifting at red line

I had only about 1/8th a tank of gas but also ~100 lbs of mountain bike and gear on/in the car. Altitude is ~400', temp was in the 70s and humidity was fairly low. With an unloaded car and colder temps I should shave 0.1 sec. Will try again when unloaded.
What's it called?  My runs were done with a full tank of gas, so that's probably the difference maker.