The G-spot

Started by SVT666, January 09, 2013, 05:30:19 PM

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Char on May 20, 2015, 09:05:51 AM
$1200  in bolt ons is worth over 60whp...
Just saying.

LOL
Will

GoCougs

Quote from: Char on May 20, 2015, 10:04:44 AM

70 rwhp and 500 rpm with intake and exhaust? lol

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on May 20, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
70 rwhp and 500 rpm with intake and exhaust? lol
Well, to be fair, those mods aren't just simple intake and exhaust mods.  They replaced absolutely everything that air or exhaust gas travel through.  That makes a much bigger difference than a cat back and CAI.  I can't believe the 60 rwhp number since that translates to roughly 85 hp at the crank, but it would definitely be much more than 10 hp you would see with a CAI and catback exhaust.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Char on May 20, 2015, 10:04:44 AM

You're right, $150
http://www.z1motorsports.com/g37_370z/product_info.php?products_id=7223

Lel

"In conjunction with a Stillen Gen 3 Intake and a quality high flowing exhaust system the Z1 VQ37VHR 400HP Package can produce 340+ rear wheel horsepower on a DynoJet on 93 octane fuel when properly tuned with Uprev Engine Management."

Stillen Intake- $560
Osiris Mail In Tune- $300
Cheapest G37 exhaust on their site- Stillen dual- $1200
Loss on IM (since he can't have this car down w/o an IM)- $150?

Not to mention, how can this kit cost $150, when they are selling what appear to be these same headers for $900 and test pipes for $270

And again there is the issue of installation.... header install on a G/Z is a bitch and a half...  Cougs is not going to let "Jim Bob's Performance Shack" lay their filthy paws on his ride and he is too rich to get his hands dirty. U are talking about a dude who has a panic room for his train sets. Which means high end shop/dealership labor. So tack on another $1000 or so to that $2210. Im no mathematician but that seems like a lil more than $150. Unless u are saying those parts will net him 60 WHP sitting in a box.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Char

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 20, 2015, 01:56:38 PM
Lel

"In conjunction with a Stillen Gen 3 Intake and a quality high flowing exhaust system the Z1 VQ37VHR 400HP Package can produce 340+ rear wheel horsepower on a DynoJet on 93 octane fuel when properly tuned with Uprev Engine Management."

Stillen Intake- $560
Osiris Mail In Tune- $300
Cheapest G37 exhaust on their site- Stillen dual- $1200
Loss on IM (since he can't have this car down w/o an IM)- $150?

Not to mention, how can this kit cost $150, when they are selling what appear to be these same headers for $900 and test pipes for $270

And again there is the issue of installation.... header install on a G/Z is a bitch and a half...  Cougs is not going to let "Jim Bob's Performance Shack" lay their filthy paws on his ride and he is too rich to get his hands dirty. U are talking about a dude who has a panic room for his train sets. Which means high end shop/dealership labor. So tack on another $1000 or so to that $2210. Im no mathematician but that seems like a lil more than $150. Unless u are saying those parts will net him 60 WHP sitting in a box.

I'll humor you -
Stock intakes with K&N are said to flow just as well. (yes, I'm well aware what Long Tube intakes gain on a stock car/tune)
Mail tune is $300 not bad.
You don't have to buy THEIR exhaust or any exhaust for that matter.  :rolleyes:

So what they are selling are headers, test pipes and a modified intake manifold for $1350 (hence the +$150) 

And not my business who wants to install what/how much they want to pay - but the parts and power are there.
Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

GoCougs

Quote from: SVT666 on May 20, 2015, 12:20:02 PM
Well, to be fair, those mods aren't just simple intake and exhaust mods.  They replaced absolutely everything that air or exhaust gas travel through.  That makes a much bigger difference than a cat back and CAI.  I can't believe the 60 rwhp number since that translates to roughly 85 hp at the crank, but it would definitely be much more than 10 hp you would see with a CAI and catback exhaust.

Those mods have only to do with intake and exhaust and what little power is there (3-5 hp, maybe) is in the upper RPMs and will be lost in the lower RPMs.

Char

Quote from: GoCougs on May 20, 2015, 03:19:54 PM
Those mods have only to do with intake and exhaust and what little power is there (3-5 hp, maybe) is in the upper RPMs and will be lost in the lower RPMs.

Not if the stock system is rubbish (and I'm sure it is)
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on May 20, 2015, 03:19:54 PM
You've never modified cars before, have you?  There is a lot more power there than 3-5, but there is nowhere near 60.  I wouldn't be surprised to see 20-25 hp from installing a new intake, intake manifold, long tube headers, high flow cats and mufflers, larger exhaust tubing, and a dyno tune.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Char on May 20, 2015, 02:45:01 PM
I'll humor you -
Stock intakes with K&N are said to flow just as well. (yes, I'm well aware what Long Tube intakes gain on a stock car/tune)
Mail tune is $300 not bad.
You don't have to buy THEIR exhaust or any exhaust for that matter.  :rolleyes:

So what they are selling are headers, test pipes and a modified intake manifold for $1350 (hence the +$150) 

And not my business who wants to install what/how much they want to pay - but the parts and power are there.
Wait so lets recap

So Cougs would have to mail his ECU AND IM to them and have his car down for god knows how long. Or pay for another ECU/IM to send them so he can keep living his life.

And once he did all that, he would have paid more than the $1200 you claimed, and with his stock intake/exhaust netted less than the 60WHP you claimed.

AND on top of that, he would have to reinstall the stock cats every time his car was up for emissions, which are required in WA for cars the G's age. I wonder how that tune would run with a choked up exhaust.... Im imagining rich and shitty.

So the power you claim is out there actually isn't (unless u have a dyno showing a 60WHP gain from 290RWHP with these parts and a stock intake/y pipe/exhaust), and the power that is out there is a PITA to get and keep...........

.......... all to impress some rando kid on the internet, who decreed that modding cars = life. No thx

SVT666

Don't they just send you a Diablo with the new tune preloaded? That's what they did for my SVT Focus.

Char

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 20, 2015, 04:54:36 PM
Wait so lets recap

So Cougs would have to mail his ECU AND IM to them and have his car down for god knows how long. Or pay for another ECU/IM to send them so he can keep living his life.

And once he did all that, he would have paid more than the $1200 you claimed, and with his stock intake/exhaust netted less than the 60WHP you claimed.

AND on top of that, he would have to reinstall the stock cats every time his car was up for emissions, which are required in WA for cars the G's age. I wonder how that tune would run with a choked up exhaust.... Im imagining rich and shitty.

So the power you claim is out there actually isn't (unless u have a dyno showing a 60WHP gain from 290RWHP with these parts and a stock intake/y pipe/exhaust), and the power that is out there is a PITA to get and keep...........

.......... all to impress some rando kid on the internet, who decreed that modding cars = life. No thx

lol, you're clueless.

No. The tune is emailed to you OR You can drive to any shop that support your tune of choice and have them tune your car.
Same for the intake manifold - one is sent to you, and you send them back your old one to have the core refunded.

How? A tune is not included in that price, but the header, test pipes and manifold are. How he chooses to get them installed is on him

If your tuner sucks maybe. Highflow cats are an option, though they obviously make less power.

I literally just showed you a dyno showing a before and after - what do you have?

http://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/436502-stillen-claims-55whp-with-intake-hfc-and-catback.html

55whp with High flow Cats, Exhaust and intake AND THIS WAS IN 2009!

12,000 RPM

Lel I'm clueless but your 60 whp for 1200 just turned into 55 whp for 1350 plus an intake and exhaust in a matter of 2 posts

I'm clueless but all of a sudden tuners work for free

I'm clueless but nothing you are saying adds up or makes sense

Ok

Char

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 20, 2015, 08:51:35 PM
Lel I'm clueless but your 60 whp for 1200 just turned into 55 whp for 1350 plus an intake and exhaust in a matter of 2 posts

I'm clueless but all of a sudden tuners work for free

I'm clueless but nothing you are saying adds up or makes sense

Ok

No, you're clueless because you seem to not know your ass from your keyboard.
You're clueless because I just showed how you can make 55-60whp (without a tune) with Intake exhaust and Testpipes/headers
You're clueless because you constantly jump to conclusions when it's painfully obvious you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Char on May 20, 2015, 09:03:31 PM
You're clueless because I just showed how you can make 55-60whp (without a tune) with Intake exhaust and Testpipes/headers
You're clueless because you constantly jump to conclusions when it's painfully obvious you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

U said, "1200 in bolt ons is worth 60whp.... just sayin"..... show me this, what are the 1200 in parts that yield a 60whp gain on the VQ37

Then u dug even deeper and claimed u could have that for only 150

Both claims are patently untrue. We are talking at least 2.5x your initial claim according to what the website recommends. And 20x your follow up lel. Then when pressed for a dyno to prove ur claims u bring up an irrelevant one and start throwing a tantrum. U cant read or do basic math.... maybe u shouldnt dictate to people how they should spend their money or what they should do with their cars lel. If u applied 1% of the zeal u have for barking orders, doing imaginary builds and arguing on the internet to basic reading comprehension and arithmetic u wouldn't keep finding urself in these embarrassing situations. But hey Im not u so however u choose to live ur life is gravy to me. Point is Cougs cant get 60whp from 1200 in bolt ons.... just sayin ;)

12,000 RPM

Du is truly something special. What kind of dummy gives unsolicited advice that turns out to be complete horseshit lol. 60whp from 1200 lol u just became a CarSPIN meme.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 21, 2015, 04:27:16 AM
Du is truly something special. What kind of dummy gives unsolicited advice that turns out to be complete horseshit lol. 60whp from 1200 lol u just became a CarSPIN meme.

I like "rando kid on the internet" myself. That one's good too though.
Will

GoCougs

Quote from: Char on May 20, 2015, 09:03:31 PM

Your premise is broken - there is no 60 whp from exhaust mods - $1,200 worth or otherwise.

Char

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 21, 2015, 04:10:19 AM
U said, "1200 in bolt ons is worth 60whp.... just sayin"..... show me this, what are the 1200 in parts that yield a 60whp gain on the VQ37

Both claims are patently untrue. We are talking at least 2.5x your initial claim according to what the website recommends. And 20x your follow up lel. Then when pressed for a dyno to prove ur claims u bring up an irrelevant one and start throwing a tantrum. U cant read or do basic math.... maybe u shouldnt dictate to people how they should spend their money or what they should do with their cars lel. If u applied 1% of the zeal u have for barking orders, doing imaginary builds and arguing on the internet to basic reading comprehension and arithmetic u wouldn't keep finding urself in these embarrassing situations. But hey Im not u so however u choose to live ur life is gravy to me. Point is Cougs cant get 60whp from 1200 in bolt ons.... just sayin ;)

Of all the people on Carspin who are either dense or dumb - you are both.

I didn't say that - I said this
QuoteSo what they are selling are headers, test pipes and a modified intake manifold for $1350 (hence the +$150) 
The package price is $1350 which is $150 more than I originally claimed - you would know this if you bothered to check the link I provided (you didn't) which would have saved us both time in coming to the conclusion on how you're moron.

Both claims are patently untrue. We are talking at least 2.5x your initial claim according to what the website recommends. And 20x your follow up lel.

No we aren't You can basically do any combination of parts and reach 50-60whp WITHOUT A TUNE. I posted a link to My350Z with Forged Performance literally claiming that these results are NOT exaggerated. Intake, Testpipes and headers or exhaust or anything else will net you 50-60whp and NO down time, while still being cheap. I DARE you to find something to the contrary.

Then when pressed for a dyno to prove ur claims u bring up an irrelevant one and start throwing a tantrum. U cant read or do basic math.... maybe u shouldnt dictate to people how they should spend their money or what they should do with their cars lel.

I provided a dyno - you have provided NOTHING, as usual. Now everyone can see why you're really bitter. You bought a civic to rice out and do everything worse than a car I recommended, and now you regret your decision. At no time did I DICTATE anything, I suggested to him (and to you) what are possible alternatives. He doesn't have to do it, niether did you - there was no ultimatum. You made a poor decision that you're living with (and are obviously bitter about) and it's so blatantly obvious other members are calling you out on it.

Get a fucking grip on your life you petty fuck.

If u applied 1% of the zeal u have for barking orders, doing imaginary builds and arguing on the internet to basic reading comprehension and arithmetic u wouldn't keep finding urself in these embarrassing situations.

In the last 2 months, I've had more activity on my 3er than you did in 3 years of owning your Z. Please - no need to tell me how to run a project car when you obviously don't know the meaning. I'd drop a nuke in your manhattan project thread, but it's already a pathetic wasteland of bandwith at this point, be sure to let me know when something happens.

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Char

12,000 RPM

No need for popcorn. When Char posts the combo of parts on Z1's website that will net 60WHP from a VQ37 for 1200 he can say he is right. That was his initial claim:

Quote from: Char on May 20, 2015, 09:05:51 AM
$1200  in bolt ons is worth over 60whp...
Just saying.

Everything else is just an emotion fueled diversion. Both of the dynos he posted show and require far more than $1200 in parts (never mind labor), and even the links to the parts he posted cost more than $1200 and dont even net the gains he claimed on a stock G37. So Im not excited. Chartard dun goofed and is angry at being called on it.

Char

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 21, 2015, 09:17:38 AM
No need for popcorn. When Char posts the combo of parts on Z1's website that will net 60WHP from a VQ37 for 1200 he can say he is right. That was his initial claim:

Everything else is just an emotion fueled diversion. Both of the dynos he posted show and require far more than $1200 in parts (never mind labor), and even the links to the parts he posted cost more than $1200 and dont even net the gains he claimed on a stock G37. So Im not excited. Chartard dun goofed and is angry at being called on it.

So you admit you have no idea what's going on and now you want to turn this into "Char is getting emotional" Nah brah, that's all you.
I showed you 2 confirmed posts of gains on the G37 - you have nothing. I've shown you you can do intakes, Highflow cats and headers and make essentially the same gains - you have shown nothing. I've show you a package that cost $1350 - you have shown nothing.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Char on May 21, 2015, 09:26:58 AM
So you admit you have no idea what's going on and now you want to turn this into "Char is getting emotional" Nah brah, that's all you.
I showed you 2 confirmed posts of gains on the G37 - you have nothing. I've shown you you can do intakes, Highflow cats and headers and make essentially the same gains - you have shown nothing. I've show you a package that cost $1350 - you have shown nothing.
You havent show "confirmed post of gains on the G37" of 60WHP from $1200 in parts, which is what you initially and confidently claimed to be the case. Why would I have to "show something" in asking you to prove your claim? And I am the one who is emotional, when you are running around calling everyone names and trying to take personal shots at me because of the car I drive lol. Show me the list of parts on Z1's site that nets 60WHP for $1200 or less on the G37 please. Thats all I've been asking for.

SJ_GTI

I like when Char calls 12,000 RPM "brah."  :lol:

Not sure why in particular, it just makes me laugh. Not quite up to "rando kid" level, but close.  :lol:

Char

Feel free to sort yourself through here to find the actual numbers (I know you won't)
http://www.the370z.com/engine-drivetrain/73736-n-hp-brag-thread.html

Tave

I like how all the dynos Char loves to spam shift the redline up 500-1000 rpm but provide no data on the low end. Does the car now stall below 4000 rpm? :wtf:

And why don't they provide any information from idle on the originals?

It seriously looks like some yahoo just copied the line and manually moved it to where they wanted it to be.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Char

Quote from: Tave on May 21, 2015, 10:28:04 AM
I like how all the dynos Char loves to spam shift the redline up 500-1000 rpm but provide no data on the low end. Does the car now stall below 4000 rpm? :wtf:

And why don't they provide any information from idle on the originals?

It seriously looks like some yahoo just copied the line and manually moved it to where they wanted it to be.

Most dyno operators usually do go below 2000 before WOT and from what I learned, a lot of tuners don't mess with the maps below 2000rpm anyhow. But if you're attempting to imply is there is a HUGE low end torque loss, doubtful.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Char on May 21, 2015, 10:01:22 AM
Feel free to sort yourself through here to find the actual numbers (I know you won't)
http://www.the370z.com/engine-drivetrain/73736-n-hp-brag-thread.html
Of course not.... why should I go digging for info around a claim you made and have yet to prove?

MX793

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on May 21, 2015, 11:12:45 AM
Of course not.... why should I go digging for info around a claim you made and have yet to prove?

True until proven false, brah.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

r0tor

Slightly over claimed statement vs factless denial.... Love it  :popcorn:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed