The G-spot

Started by SVT666, January 09, 2013, 05:30:19 PM

veeman

Quote from: mzziaz on July 18, 2015, 06:04:33 AM
«Aahh fier»

That sounds cool!  One more... bee-em-dubelyou.   What's that in German?

MX793

Quote from: veeman on July 18, 2015, 09:24:49 AM
That sounds cool!  One more... bee-em-dubelyou.   What's that in German?

Bee Em Vee
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

mzziaz

Cuore Sportivo

GoCougs

Unexpected repair. Had a slow developing groan the last few months. Pretty sure it was a wheel bearing, and yep, it was - $630 BECAUSE AWD. Have hit a number of snow-hidden curbs and potholes with it so it was no surprise though.

CJ

That's not bad at all.

afty

I had a wheel bearing go too a couple years ago, but it was covered under the power train warranty.

Galaxy

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 18, 2015, 02:19:45 AM
Audi itself is pretty much pronounced the same way. 

I find that most north americans say Awe Dee, instead of Au Dee.

MX793

I say "ow dee" (like "howdy" without the h).  However, many words starting in "Au", and some containing that combination, in English are pronounced "awe" rather than "ow", which is why many Americans say "awe dee".  Examples being "audit", "applause", "auditorium", "audio", and "audition".
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

giant_mtb

Quote from: Galaxy on August 01, 2015, 04:09:42 PM
I find that most north americans say Awe Dee, instead of Au Dee.

I don't like it. My mom says awe and it slightly drives me nuts.

Laconian

She was in awe of LOTR. :huh:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

giant_mtb

Got rid of that plate. It "made sense" on the Audi but just made me feel like a (even bigger) dork having it on the Tacoma.  So I'm back to an anonymous plate, LOTR plate is on my wall. It's in susprisingly good shape for a 4+ year old plate.  Then again, so was the whole car, so that makes sense.  Only some slight bubbling happening here and there and a little warping.

ifcar

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 02, 2015, 11:58:45 AM
Got rid of that plate. It "made sense" on the Audi but just made me feel like a (even bigger) dork having it on the Tacoma.  So I'm back to an anonymous plate, LOTR plate is on my wall. It's in susprisingly good shape for a 4+ year old plate.  Then again, so was the whole car, so that makes sense.  Only some slight bubbling happening here and there and a little warping.

That's German reliability for ya -- a four-year-old car bubbling and warping, and owners are surprised it's not worse.

giant_mtb

Quote from: ifcar on August 02, 2015, 12:11:30 PM
That's German reliability for ya -- a four-year-old car bubbling and warping, and owners are surprised it's not worse.

Whaaa? The plate is bubbling, not the car.

ifcar

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 02, 2015, 12:18:07 PM
Whaaa? The plate is bubbling, not the car.

I know, I know.

giant_mtb

Tave

When did you sell your Audi? I thought the Taco was an addition, not a replacement.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

giant_mtb

Quote from: Tave on August 03, 2015, 05:33:25 AM
When did you sell your Audi? I thought the Taco was an addition, not a replacement.

Yeah, Taco is replacement.  Audi's been gone for about 2 months now I think?  I dunno, however long I've had the Tacoma. :lol:

Raza

Quote from: MX793 on August 01, 2015, 04:24:38 PM
I say "ow dee" (like "howdy" without the h).  However, many words starting in "Au", and some containing that combination, in English are pronounced "awe" rather than "ow", which is why many Americans say "awe dee".  Examples being "audit", "applause", "auditorium", "audio", and "audition".

I, and most people I've spoken to, pronounce it like you do.  I think the only guy I know who says awedee is actually Turkish. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

GoCougs

About ready to hit 90,000 miles in the G. My, how time has flown. Still looks and runs fantastic.

The whole of the poseur class still sucks unfortunately, and it's getting even suckier, save for the the C Class - what was one of the worst cars on the road is now probably best in class, or in the least M-B stepped up with an all-new car with all-new power trains.

Looks like I'm in it for the long haul with the G.

12,000 RPM

C-Class excels because of its honesty in purpose. I'm not with it but I like what it's about and see it taking the sales crown from the 3 this go round.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

MrH

Quote from: GoCougs on August 10, 2015, 12:40:39 AM
About ready to hit 90,000 miles in the G. My, how time has flown. Still looks and runs fantastic.

The whole of the poseur class still sucks unfortunately, and it's getting even suckier, save for the the C Class - what was one of the worst cars on the road is now probably best in class, or in the least M-B stepped up with an all-new car with all-new power trains.

Looks like I'm in it for the long haul with the G.

You could go buy another new one as a Q40 :lol:

Infiniti's product line is so goofy right now.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Morris Minor

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on August 10, 2015, 08:03:59 AM
C-Class excels because of its honesty in purpose. I'm not with it but I like what it's about and see it taking the sales crown from the 3 this go round.

I saw a C400 on the road the other day - very tasty-looking, & a rare bird among the flocks of 3-Series.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

GoCougs

Quote from: MrH on August 10, 2015, 08:36:36 AM
You could go buy another new one as a Q40 :lol:

Infiniti's product line is so goofy right now.

Q40 is now almost a stripper - limited packages, options, colors, etc. Still, the base car can be picked up for $34k MSRP which is an absolute steal.

If I had to replace the G right now I'd just opt for a used G.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Morris Minor on August 10, 2015, 09:27:29 AM
I saw a C400 on the road the other day - very tasty-looking, & a rare bird among the flocks of 3-Series.
Dont worry, their rarity will change :lol:

After 2 fails they finally nailed the baby S class look and formula. Best W20x since the 190E. Shame we dont get the wagon here.

SJ_GTI

Buying the same car twice in a row is beta.

Laconian

IMO, my 'vert looks better than any of Infiniti's current offerings. Clean lines, nice butt, great bulges, no fussy strakes or pointy front bumpers or pointless chrome strips to be found. I can't believe it's 6 years old. It's aged quite well.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on August 10, 2015, 02:19:49 PM
IMO, my 'vert looks better than any of Infiniti's current offerings. Clean lines, nice butt, great bulges, no fussy strakes or pointy front bumpers or pointless chrome strips to be found. I can't believe it's 6 years old. It's aged quite well.

+1
Will

12,000 RPM

Exterior wise I think current cars are kind of crappy

Where they move the game on is inside. Infiniti is not a good example... but Lexus on the other hand... you look at a current gen IS interior vs the previous one, it's like a 20 year difference. Gonna be the same deal with Audi and their "in dash everything". I'm not sold on "everybody i drive" but I definitely prefer current interior design over old for most marques otherwise.

afty

I like the look of the Q50 sedan, but from what I read it doesn't seem to drive as well. The 335i has also gone soft. The C400 looks amazing as a mini S Class, but that's not what I'm looking for. The ATS is too small. The S4 is pretty awesome but I would be worried about Audi reliability.

I keep an eye on CTS V Sport selling prices. You can get one new for $52k, which is not bad for 420 hp.

GoCougs

Infiniti is a disaster these days. Their only real sales success is the new Pathfinder rebadge. The Eau Rouge (GTR motor in the Q50 AWD) was interesting but that looks to have been canceled.

As is the Q50 is just sucky (and too costly) but at least it's rumored to be getting the ~350 hp TTV6 for MY2017. Thing is while still a bit of a gruff ole lump the VQ wasn't really a weakness (transmission and ride is and no word on that). Instead of wasting money on that stupid steer-by-wire Infiniti should have gone after some sort of adaptive suspension, or simply licensed the Delphi system.

A Q50 with ~350 hp, DSG or 8sp ZF or M/T, adaptive suspension, Apple CarPlay, and a bit more character would be a nice package.