The G-spot

Started by SVT666, January 09, 2013, 05:30:19 PM

Laconian

I think I might've found a buyer for my G. Young couple, woman is buying it and she really wants a fast convertible. She loves the exterior and interior colors. The guy is thrilled at the prospect of owning another G. His first car was a G35 and he's really nostalgic about getting another VQ. "Oh man, listen to that engine rumble...!"
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Raza

Quote from: Laconian on April 23, 2017, 05:21:54 PM
I think I might've found a buyer for my G. Young couple, woman is buying it and she really wants a fast convertible. She loves the exterior and interior colors. The guy is thrilled at the prospect of owning another G. His first car was a G35 and he's really nostalgic about getting another VQ. "Oh man, listen to that engine rumble...!"

Good luck getting rid of that nasty G. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Laconian

Sweet G. It's in great shape. Just big. And god it's fast. Pulls up hills like crazy.

Laconian

Will know tonight.

12,000 RPM

Good luck! Surprised it took this long. Boy am I not looking forward to selling the Civic.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Raza

Quote from: Laconian on April 23, 2017, 05:53:17 PM
Sweet G. It's in great shape. Just big. And god it's fast. Pulls up hills like crazy.

It's basically a Murano convertible.   :devil:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Laconian

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on April 23, 2017, 10:29:58 PM
Good luck! Surprised it took this long. Boy am I not looking forward to selling the Civic.

??! I put the CL ad up last Monday. I've postponed the sale until we started getting some sunny days.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Laconian on April 24, 2017, 12:39:33 PM
??! I put the CL ad up last Monday. I've postponed the sale until we started getting some sunny days.

I thought you were in Seattle.

GoCougs

Everybody loves the G. It will sell quickly.

Laconian

Quote from: SJ_GTI on April 24, 2017, 12:42:50 PM
I thought you were in Seattle.

This spring has been pretty awful so far. Off and on stormy bullshit.

Laconian

Soldededed for $18,500. No longer a member of the G-spot. :cry:

Laconian

She's so stoked about her new G 'vert:

12,000 RPM

It's always weird to see someone drive off in your car. When I sold the Z I was taken back by how good the car looked on the road. But sometimes a good looking car is like a beautiful woman who is a PITA to date. "Man that's a sexy lady but I'm happy AF to see her leave"

Now wifey can drive the G so I get to see that regularly.

giant_mtb

"Show me the ten hottest girls you can find and I'll find you ten dudes tired of banging 'em." :lol:

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 26, 2017, 09:20:44 AM
"Show me the ten hottest girls you can find and I'll find you ten dudes tired of banging 'em." :lol:
:ohyeah:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

12,000 RPM

Quote from: giant_mtb on April 26, 2017, 09:20:44 AM
Real talk

GoCougs

I had the wheels refinished twice by the dealer, and they peeled something fierce. The redo was a freebee but the second they said "no" as they said they'd never seen such problems before. Whatever. Idiots. At least they did the hard work of cleaning up the curb rash and the like. I refinished them a couple of months ago but turns out "hyper silver" was more like gray. I just redid it today with a regular silver. Turns out the factory finish is a complicated multi-color process that includes black for some reason. Anyway, it's an awesome deep machined silver. This aftermarket silver doesn't quite catch it but it's pretty close, and much closer and better looking than the hyper silver/gray. Time will tell how durable this is, particularly with swapping winter tires.

68_427

Paint or powder coat?
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

GoCougs

Paint - bomb can'd it. Dupli-Color kit.

68_427

Looks good to me.  More pictures in the sun if you can. Looks highly metallic
'racecar is die'
no

GoCougs

Actually, it does look really good. I'm actually very impressed for only ~$30 - the original refinishing job was $1,000  :facepalm:. From ~2-3 feet away it looks great. Closer than that and it's not quite up to factory finish standards, but still better than the average used wheel. The only hitch thus far is there is a lint type affect. Pretty sure it's not from the environment. I was able to brush much of it off by hand luckily. If I had a mind I'd wet sand with like 1000 grit but I don't have the patience for that. Looks good now and 1000x better than before (25-50% of the paint was peeling). Durability will be the key though.

68_427

Now I'm hoping I don't regret going the route I did with my powdercoat.  I originally wanted a liquid-looking silver just like that
'racecar is die'
no

GoCougs

Quote from: 68_427 on May 09, 2017, 10:57:26 PM
Looks good to me.  More pictures in the sun if you can. Looks highly metallic

I'd say somewhat metallic.

MX793

Looks pretty good.  Did you bother to spray it with a coat of clear?
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

giant_mtb

I highly recommend two things:

Long live clean wheels!

GoCougs

Quote from: MX793 on May 10, 2017, 06:50:39 PM
Looks pretty good.  Did you bother to spray it with a coat of clear?

Lots - 3 light coats and 2 medium coats (per directions), and that after 3 light coats and 1 medium coat of the silver, and it all started with a good dose of medium and then find grit sanding.

68_427

Quote from: giant_mtb on May 10, 2017, 07:51:41 PM
I highly recommend two things:

Long live clean wheels!

Is that stuff safe for powder coated wheels?
'racecar is die'
no

giant_mtb

Quote from: 68_427 on May 10, 2017, 09:52:48 PM
Is that stuff safe for powder coated wheels?

99% likely to be safe.  I've yet to see it negatively affect any surface (wheels, paint, rubber trim, etc).  Works great on wheels and chrome. It's clearcoat safe, so it also does a good job on minor rail dust removal.  Fully dilutable, so it's a really versatile, inexpensive product. I've been using it for a few years now as my everyday wheel/chrome cleaner.  A gallon is like $20 from Autogeek, and you can dilute it 4:1.  If you're going to use a spray bottle, it's gotta be chemical-resistant.  That stuff chews through cheap spray heads. (I use it out of a hand-pump garden sprayer, along with my degreaser in another sprayer, as they're much easier than spray bottles for my full-time uses)  Just always be sure to rinse thoroughly.

giant_mtb

If you're unsure and want a good non-acid wheel cleaner, Meg's D143 isn't bad.  But you could get nearly the same effect with any "industrial" degreaser you can get at Menards.  The wheel brightener is kind of a different league of cleaner and I highly recommend it.

GoCougs

For MDay weekend spent time driving out in the sticks for mountain biking. Ended up beating on the car underside pretty good. No real damage but did waste the underside plastic splash covers. $100 on repros and will be good to go. Will have to think about more ground clearance for my next vehicle...