How to bleed air in cooling system?

Started by crv16, November 03, 2005, 07:02:56 AM

crv16

I changed the coolant in my Civic a couple weeks ago.  I've topped the system off several times, as air pockets work their way out.  The past couple times I've checked the coolant level, it has been right up to the top of the radiator cap.

When I come to a stop, and then take off, I notice a new "gurgling" noise that sounds like it's coming from the heater core area.  There must be a little air that's still trapped in the system.

According to research I've done, there is no longer an air bleed screw, as there was in previous generation Civics.

Any ideas how to get rid of this last little bit of air?
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6
09 Subaru Forester X Premium 5 speed

Cobra93

What Civic/engine do you have? I'll check my Alldata.

crv16

QuoteWhat Civic/engine do you have? I'll check my Alldata.
It's a 2003 Civic EX, with 1.7L vtec engine, 5 speed manual.

Thanks!
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Cobra93

Cobra93

Also the obvious. Make sure the heater's on when you bleed the system.

crv16

QuoteYou have a PM. Hope it helps.
Wow - great info - thanks a lot for that!   ;)

I'll try your suggestion.  One other thought I had was to put the car up on ramps, maybe that will cause any air bubbles to percolate up to the radiator.
09 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Cobra93

QuoteYou have a PM. Hope it helps.
Wow - great info - thanks a lot for that!   ;)

I'll try your suggestion.  One other thought I had was to put the car up on ramps, maybe that will cause any air bubbles to percolate up to the radiator.
Basically any way you can isolate the highest point in the system will work, as long as that point is accessible to bleed. B)  

280Z Turbo

I would try taking off the radiator cap and squeezing a big hose, but I don't know if that would work. It did for my car.