2014 Jeep Cherokee

Started by 93JC, February 22, 2013, 11:49:37 AM

Galaxy

Jeep is now denying that this is the next Cherokee. In any case, irrelevant of whatever this is, the responsible designers need to be red flagged across the auto industry.

ifcar

It's fine except for the headlights. Which are not fine.

93JC

It looks like an old Hyundai Santa Fe that has been beaten with an even-uglier stick and then had this guy's face superimposed on the front:

CJ

I don't mind this.  It's a Jeep Juke, and the Juke seems to be doing very well.

Colin

Yikes!

As iffy says, it is the headlights and the trim under them which is the worst problem.

And yes, the Puke/Joke is selling as fast as they can churn them out of the factories - a real sales success. It's not even very good to drive, based one the 2 I've sampled (neither was the 1.6T as those are not big sellers in Europe).

CJ

The 1.6T is actually quite good to drive.

Atomic

I like quirky. So tired of the same old stale look or when every model pretty much resembles all of its competition. I hope they stick pretty close to this design if its not the actual final product.

Atomic

The NYC auto show will be really cool  :ohyeah:

Lots of interesting things to see this year!

2o6

Quote from: Colin on February 22, 2013, 01:59:51 PM
Yikes!

As iffy says, it is the headlights and the trim under them which is the worst problem.

And yes, the Puke/Joke is selling as fast as they can churn them out of the factories - a real sales success. It's not even very good to drive, based one the 2 I've sampled (neither was the 1.6T as those are not big sellers in Europe).

I don't understand why you hate the Juke so much. Granted, you get the shitty engines, but the 1.6T makes the car a riot to drive, if a bit disconnected.

SVT666

SVT666

What blind motherfucker looked at that and said, "Build it."?

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CJ

Quote from: SVT666 on February 22, 2013, 07:47:52 PM
What blind motherfucker looked at that and said, "Build it."?

The same one that saw how well the Juke sells? 

ifcar

Quote from: CJ on February 22, 2013, 08:47:44 PM
The same one that saw how well the Juke sells? 

It sells well for a niche product, but that's not what this would be. The Compass, Patriot and Liberty each outsell the Juke.

TurboDan

Quote from: 2o6 on February 22, 2013, 04:58:57 PM
I don't understand why you hate the Juke so much.

Because it's the weirdest, ugliest POS I've ever seen on the road?  :huh:

2o6

Quote from: TurboDan on February 22, 2013, 09:27:08 PM
Because it's the weirdest, ugliest POS I've ever seen on the road?  :huh:

Its a riot to drive, and I love the fact it looks so strange.

Also, modern Fiats IMO are generally not that well styled.

SVT666

hotrodalex

What's up with split headlights lately?

Soup DeVille

Quote from: hotrodalex on February 23, 2013, 01:57:11 AM
What's up with split headlights lately?

God, that's hard to focus on.

What's up is that I think they're trying (and failing) to find a design language that works with the squishy, pedestrian friendly front ends they're being required to design.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Rupert

I like the bad old days of lightweight low beltline kill you and the pedestrian and the moose and your mother just because cars.

Whatever though, all I care about with Jeeps is that they make one that's off-roadable that isn't the stupid Wrangler.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Colin

Quote from: ifcar on February 22, 2013, 08:50:52 PM
It sells well for a niche product, but that's not what this would be. The Compass, Patriot and Liberty each outsell the Juke.
In America maybe....... if you look globally, the Jeep products don't even get close in sales volume to the Juke.

As to what's wrong with the Juke? Ignoring the awful gutless non-turbo petrol engine (the diesel is better, so I am sure that the 1.6T petrol will at least make it go OK), then noise levels, vague and lifeless steering, along with mushy brakes are the major problems. Whether you like the cabin presentation will be a matter of taste, but there's no escaping the fact that  many of the controls, esp the audio unit are fiddly. The boot is particularly pokey.  I had higher expectations after the competence of the Qashaqai, and the Juke misses the mark for me by a mile - reagardless of whether you like the look of the thing.

Galaxy

Quote from: Galaxy on February 22, 2013, 12:00:54 PM
Jeep is now denying that this is the next Cherokee. In any case, irrelevant of whatever this is, the responsible designers need to be red flagged across the auto industry.

The second sentence is still accurate.

MX793

Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

TurboDan

Lol. What kind of car was that? I wasn't alive when they made that movie, but I don't think I've ever seen anything resembling that on the road.

MX793

Quote from: TurboDan on February 23, 2013, 10:06:24 AM
Lol. What kind of car was that? I wasn't alive when they made that movie, but I don't think I've ever seen anything resembling that on the road.

It was a custom car created by George Barris for the film.  It started life as a Ford LTD Country Squire wagon.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5