07 Jaguar XK8 Cabriolet

Started by BMWDave, May 16, 2005, 06:26:25 PM

BMWDave

This is heavily camoed.  What do you think?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Raza

Doesn't seem like much will change from the overall shape.  Probably, it'll look alot like the concept car.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SJ_GTI

Assuming it looks like the coupe (which has been seen un-camoed) it will be very sexy.  :rockon:  

mazda6er

This is more camouflaged...  B)

But, from what I can see, I like the Jag. Seems more "muscular" looking than the current model.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

giant_mtb

What's with the box on the back?

mazda6er

Trying to hide the design cues, that's what the camo's all about.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

giant_mtb

Oh.  I figured maybe it was some sort of weird design for the new car. lol

BMWDave

Oh.  I figured maybe it was some sort of weird design for the new car. lol
Nope, its probably there so that people who glance at it dont realize its a convertible right away.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

Looks like it will be much more aggressive looking than the current car. Can someone posts some pics of the production coupe? I really hope they didn't screw up what I consider to be the best looking car for under 100k (the XK coupe, I don't care for the convertible).

BMWDave

QuoteLooks like it will be much more aggressive looking than the current car. Can someone posts some pics of the production coupe? I really hope they didn't screw up what I consider to be the best looking car for under 100k (the XK coupe, I don't care for the convertible).
I dont have pictures, but the concept to production car barely changed.  Changes are very minimal, such as moving the exhausts from the middle to both ends of the car.

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

QuoteLooks like it will be much more aggressive looking than the current car. Can someone posts some pics of the production coupe? I really hope they didn't screw up what I consider to be the best looking car for under 100k (the XK coupe, I don't care for the convertible).
I dont have pictures, but the concept to production car barely changed.  Changes are very minimal, such as moving the exhausts from the middle to both ends of the car.
Are the headlights the same?  

SJ_GTI

CaMIRO posted these on C&D a while back...

Damn that is a sexy beast... :praise:  

BMWDave

Are the headlights the same?
yes

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

QuoteCaMIRO posted these on C&D a while back...

Damn that is a sexy beast... :praise:
hell yes :rockon:  

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Anyone else think it looks like they crossed an Aston Vanquish with a Subaru Legacy?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

mazda6er

QuoteAnyone else think it looks like they crossed an Aston Vanquish with a Subaru Legacy?
I'm not really seeing the Legacy. I'm think more Aston Martin and the new Mitsu Eclipse.
--Mark

BMWDave

QuoteAnyone else think it looks like they crossed an Aston Vanquish with a Subaru Legacy?
I'm not really seeing the Legacy. I'm think more Aston Martin and the new Mitsu Eclipse.
The eclipse is an ugly pig...this is a sexy car.  It does have the proportions of the DB9, which is a VERY good thing.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

I see Legacy in the front fascia, especially the grille.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

I see Legacy in the front fascia, especially the grille.
I only see Classic Jag with an Aston Martin profile.

2007 Honda S2000