Next CTS to receive 420-hp turbo V6

Started by afty, March 18, 2013, 10:36:39 AM

SVT666

Visibility is extremely important in any car...and so are cupholders.  When the view out the windshield is compromised like in the Camaro...it's bad.  Hell every review says the same thing I say.  But, you would know that if you had ever driven one.

LonghornTX

Quote from: GoCougs on March 27, 2013, 09:40:22 PM
It's definitely easier to see out of a 2nd gen Camaro than the new Camaro - doesn't not make the new Camaro best in class though and what with the Z28 on tap one of the best performance brands today ;). But I agree - anyone who drones on about "visibility" should in the least have their man credentials audited - it's right up there with complaining about cup holders and "soft touch" interior materials.
No, the new Camaro legitimately sucks to see out of, in basically all directions. It may be fast around a track, but it is no driver's car from that perspective. It is a terrible car to drive fast.
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

hotrodalex

Quote from: GoCougs on March 27, 2013, 09:40:22 PM
It's definitely easier to see out of a 2nd gen Camaro than the new Camaro - doesn't not make the new Camaro best in class though and what with the Z28 on tap one of the best performance brands today ;). But I agree - anyone who drones on about "visibility" should in the least have their man credentials audited - it's right up there with complaining about cup holders and "soft touch" interior materials.

I was in a new Camaro all last weekend and it was about the same as an early 2nd gen (with the flat back windshield, not the one that curves down like the post-'74 models.) Asked my dad to make sure I wasn't crazy, and he agreed.

edit: Guess I should say that my dad's '71 has a "2-3 cowl induction hood. Visibility out the windshield might be a bit better on the older cars with regular hoods.

GoCougs

Quote from: hotrodalex on March 27, 2013, 10:31:46 PM
I was in a new Camaro all last weekend and it was about the same as an early 2nd gen (with the flat back windshield, not the one that curves down like the post-'74 models.) Asked my dad to make sure I wasn't crazy, and he agreed.

edit: Guess I should say that my dad's '71 has a "2-3 cowl induction hood. Visibility out the windshield might be a bit better on the older cars with regular hoods.

My first car was a first gen Camaro - IMO it's not really comparable.

Atomic

Galaxy

Atomic

Idiotic things like electronic cup holder lid and locking glove compartment are what can add to some serious mechanical problems and reliability issues. Personally, I am far more impressed with advanced safety technology. Still, I am liking the 2014 CTS thus far. I am really looking forward to seeing one in person and sitting inside of it.

Colin

Quote from: Atomic on March 28, 2013, 06:20:47 AM
Idiotic things like electronic cup holder lid and locking glove compartment are what can add to some serious mechanical problems and reliability issues.

You are joking? if something like that fails, it is not exactly serious. Irritating and annoying, for sure............ serious is if the car is undriveable. 

Atomic

Quote from: Colin on March 28, 2013, 08:41:48 AM
You are joking? if something like that fails, it is not exactly serious. Irritating and annoying, for sure............ serious is if the car is undriveable. 

Colin, You are so right! Poor choice of words on my part. We can blame post-operative meds. Lol... Technical "glitches" is what I meant and "annoyance" is what can transpire with such frivolous features. When driving Maxima's (great cars, BTW), I begged Nissan to set my power lumbar on max/the firmest option, keep it there and then disable it but they would not. You see, on at least two of my eight (8) Maxima's, this unnecessary POWER OPERATED feature never failed to stay on the desired setting. Upon each start-up, I would have to reset it... Then it would "short out"  -- resorting to its "default setting" -- meaning it would always deflate to the lowest lowest level of support. A visit to the dealership was the only fix. Yes. An annoyance I do not miss. A number of these type of inconveniences and multiple visits at the price of what I expect the new CTS to cost would grate on me.

My 2013 Volvo and our two Honda's have manual lumbar controls. All three work flawlessly. I am not a fan of "Art over Science" as with a elder colleague's Caddy XTS. You could call it a company car. I drive it frequently. I hear many complaints from XTS owners and Cadillac's CUE system but know only one person driving an all new '13 ATS. He just purchased it and praises everything about the Caddy.