Raza

One side dirty, one side clean

Through the windscreen

Driver's side window..open or closed?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

footoflead

It does a good job..i just used it and plan to hit the truck after a little while...but one thing that really grinds my gears (family guy reference).. my dad doesnt realize why the windshield gets so dirty so quick...(from him touching it and wipping it with his hand to clear the fog... :angry:...
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raza

The E320 pictures...the top one is with a closed window, and the bottom is open.  I can't even see a difference.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

This is definitely the best glass cleaner I've ever used.  When I get my own place, I'll use this stuff instead of Windex!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

In the pic, they both just look closed.  

Raza

QuoteIn the pic, they both just look closed.
It's taken through the window, iffy.  

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

I thought you meant one of the E320's windows were down. That stuff DOES work. B)

SaltyDog

It's good stuff.  Leaves a nice shine.   I don't use it anymore because it's too expensive for a few days of nice looking windows.  Then they turn to crap again.  Besides, I can't find it in aerosal cans anymore.  What I'm doing now is I got this window cleaning concentrate from Home Depot.  It's about a gallon and is safe on tint.  I paid 9 bucks and it makes a 32oz bottle with 1 oz of concentrate.  That's 128 bottles for 9 bucks.  Compare that to 5 bucks a bottle for Invisible Glass.  What a waste.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

MX793

I always use some industrial stuff that Zep makes.  I'm not sure it's available to the general public at normal retailers.  I get it from work.  Really does a pretty nice job of cleaning windows.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

SaltyDog

QuoteI always use some industrial stuff that Zep makes.  I'm not sure it's available to the general public at normal retailers.  I get it from work.  Really does a pretty nice job of cleaning windows.
That's the stuff I was talking about in my post above- Zep.  It's at Home Depot.  Hell, everything is at Home Depot.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

MX793

QuoteI always use some industrial stuff that Zep makes.  I'm not sure it's available to the general public at normal retailers.  I get it from work.  Really does a pretty nice job of cleaning windows.
That's the stuff I was talking about in my post above- Zep.  It's at Home Depot.  Hell, everything is at Home Depot.
The Zep products at Home Depot are sometimes watered down compared to what they sell to industries, or so I've been told.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Secret Chimp

I don't know what the hell you're talking about... I can see the windshield glass and driver side glass as if you hadn't done anything to them.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

giant_mtb

Well the pics pretty much aren't working for me.

Raza

QuoteWell the pics pretty much aren't working for me.
Try right clicking and choosing "View Image"...they're Imageshack.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

QuoteI thought you meant one of the E320's windows were down. That stuff DOES work. B)
I know, right?  I was surprised at how unnoticeable the difference is myself.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ifcar

A "before" picture from inside the car would have made it more obvious what you were talking about. ;)

Raza

QuoteA "before" picture from inside the car would have made it more obvious what you were talking about. ;)
Yes, but I did the windows on Thursday, I just touched up the driver's side since the AC Expressway gave it some bug splatter.  When I did it on Thursday, it was too late in the evening to take pictures without flash (even though the glass is clean, flash would reflect and give it away.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

giant_mtb

QuoteWell the pics pretty much aren't working for me.
Try right clicking and choosing "View Image"...they're Imageshack.
Still doesn't work.

MaxPower

The Zep products at Home Depot are sometimes watered down compared to what they sell to industries, or so I've been told.
home depot waters down everything

MX793

home depot waters down everything
I heard this from a Zep salesman, so I think it's Zep who waters the stuff down.  All of the Zep stuff we get at work says "not for public sale, for industry only" or something to that effect.  The glass cleaner may or may not be watered down, but we've got some other stuff that I'm almost positive gets watered down before being sold to the general public for general safety reasons.
Needs more Jiggawatts

Fire It Up

QuoteIn the pic, they both just look closed.
It's taken through the window, iffy.
Jesus Christ!  :o  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

SaltyDog

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

bobwill

I love that stuff.
Now here's the contraversial topic.  Paper towels, Newspaper, or Micofiber??? :)
Oh, a big BTW, I believe that it says on the cans of invisible glass that you shouldn't use it on plastics, like your headlight covers.  Just an FYI.

Raza

QuoteI love that stuff.
Now here's the contraversial topic.  Paper towels, Newspaper, or Micofiber??? :)
Oh, a big BTW, I believe that it says on the cans of invisible glass that you shouldn't use it on plastics, like your headlight covers.  Just an FYI.
Really?  It really cleaned it up!

In any case, I used terry towels the first time I used it, and paper towels this time.  The terry towels were definitely better.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

bobwill

QuoteI love that stuff.
Now here's the contraversial topic.  Paper towels, Newspaper, or Micofiber??? :)
Oh, a big BTW, I believe that it says on the cans of invisible glass that you shouldn't use it on plastics, like your headlight covers.  Just an FYI.
Really?  It really cleaned it up!

In any case, I used terry towels the first time I used it, and paper towels this time.  The terry towels were definitely better.
Yep, the very last line on the second bullet fromt the bottom on the indications on the can:
Safe to use on original equipment manufactured (OEM) and most after-market tinted windows.  Always test for compatibility before using on non-glass surfaces.  Not recommended for use on polycarbonate plastic.

I think that the headlight covers are polycarbonate.

I've been using Stoners for years.  In fact, the pictures of my P38 has a can of Stoner Invisible Glass siting on the table in plain sight.  ;)

http://home.comcast.net/~rwillia/P382.jpg

Raza

Yeah, I see it!

Well, whatever ill effects there may be, the rain must have washed it all away by now.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

bobwill

QuoteYeah, I see it!

Well, whatever ill effects there may be, the rain must have washed it all away by now.
It's basically one of those things where it's only a problem if you use it on a daily basis.

One of the reasons it did such a good job cleaning the headlamps is because it probably dissolved a very miniscule amount of the exterior layer of plastic.  Sorta like what a polish would do.  But, over prolonged use it might start to cause hazing and discoloration.

That's assuming that it is a polycarbonate plastic, it might not be.

Here's what I'd recommend for your headlights, as it's pretty much guaranteed to not have any ill effects.

JYODER240

I use ZEP and they still streak. I have found the best way is to get two brand new microfiber towels spray the glass and wipe with one. Wait about 30 sec and remove the streaks with the other.  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

QuoteYeah, I see it!

It's basically one of those things where it's only a problem if you use it on a daily basis.

One of the reasons it did such a good job cleaning the headlamps is because it probably dissolved a very miniscule amount of the exterior layer of plastic.  Sorta like what a polish would do.  But, over prolonged use it might start to cause hazing and discoloration.

That's assuming that it is a polycarbonate plastic, it might not be.

Here's what I'd recommend for your headlights, as it's pretty much guaranteed to not have any ill effects.
Thanks, man.  I'll pick one up this weekend.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i