Lotus Elise

Started by Catman, May 16, 2005, 06:48:50 PM

Catman

I know I'll be in the minority here but, damn, it was hideous.  It looked like a $4000 go cart.  Looked just like this one:

giant_mtb

I actually like the curves and lines of the Elise.  It isn't the prettiest car but it's different.  I am waiting to see what one looks like in person... :angry:   But hey...it's one heck of a car, though.

Catman

QuoteI actually like the curves and lines of the Elise.  It isn't the prettiest car but it's different.  I am waiting to see what one looks like in person... :angry:   But hey...it's one heck of a car, though.
looked like a cheap kit car. :(  

giant_mtb

QuoteI actually like the curves and lines of the Elise.  It isn't the prettiest car but it's different.  I am waiting to see what one looks like in person... :angry:   But hey...it's one heck of a car, though.
looked like a cheap kit car. :(
Well yeah...I guess with its...umm...Spartan (is that the right word) interior it will look somewhat like a kit car.  

Fire It Up

Its loow and curvy. The headlights are ugly but everthing else is all....good.  

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

giant_mtb

QuoteIts loow and curvy. The headlights are ugly but everthing else is all....good.
I never noticed how ugly those lights are. lol  They remind me of...umm...a guy from the 50's with his hair all greased back!  :P   (that's the first thing that popped into my head)

BMWDave

I saw an Elise and liked it.  Its not the hottest car, but its almost the closest thing to raw performance than anything else on the road.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

giant_mtb

QuoteI saw an Elise and liked it.  Its not the hottest car, but its almost the closest thing to raw performance than anything else on the road.
No power steering!  That's raw!  :P  :rockon:  

Fire It Up

QuoteIts loow and curvy. The headlights are ugly but everthing else is all....good.
I never noticed how ugly those lights are. lol  They remind me of...umm...a guy from the 50's with his hair all greased back!  :P   (that's the first thing that popped into my head)
It reminds me of a bug.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

giant_mtb

It reminds me of a bug.
That too.

ifcar

They only need to impress something like 5K buyers per year, so it should do just fine.  

mazda6er

A friend of mine was trying to convince me that the hardtop cover of an Elise convertible would fit in one of the trunks. I felt obligated to admit him to a mental ward.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

NomisR

Saw a red one on the streets a couple weeks ago, the way it moved around the corners, its like a go kart.  Makes me want one even more.  It's not the prettiest thing in the world but it's it's unique.  I like it.

Raza

I just saw one today.  I gave the driver a thumbs up and he looked confused.  Old bastard.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SJ_GTI

QuoteI just saw one today.  I gave the driver a thumbs up and he looked confused.  Old bastard.
:lol:

I think it looks alright. Definitely will be noticed as an "exotic" car. Only problem with owning one is that it has the refinement of a Chevy Cavalier...in other words its pretty much only good as s second car for those that can afford it.

Raza

QuoteI just saw one today.  I gave the driver a thumbs up and he looked confused.  Old bastard.

I think it looks alright. Definitely will be noticed as an "exotic" car. Only problem with owning one is that it has the refinement of a Chevy Cavalier...in other words its pretty much only good as s second car for those that can afford it.
I could handle it as an only car.  But then again, I've got my youth, health, and my whole life ahead of me, unlike most exotic car owners.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SJ_GTI

QuoteI just saw one today.? I gave the driver a thumbs up and he looked confused.? Old bastard.

I could handle it as an only car.  But then again, I've got my youth, health, and my whole life ahead of me, unlike most exotic car owners.
Yeah, I would say its livable. But if you can Afford 40k on a car...would you rather get an Elise, or get a Miata and a slightly used 325i?

Personally, I would go with the latter.

Now when I can afford a brand new 330i and a Lotus Elise...that's when the Lotus becomes attractive for me.

BMWDave

QuoteI just saw one today.? I gave the driver a thumbs up and he looked confused.? Old bastard.

Yeah, I would say its livable. But if you can Afford 40k on a car...would you rather get an Elise, or get a Miata and a slightly used 325i?

Now when I can afford a brand new 330i and a Lotus Elise...that's when the Lotus becomes attractive for me.
its really not feasible or practical to have this car as a only-car.  its really just a plaything of the rich.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

QuoteI just saw one today.  I gave the driver a thumbs up and he looked confused.  Old bastard.

its really not feasible or practical to have this car as a only-car.  its really just a plaything of the rich.
I'd say it's as liveable as an S2000.  And I've seen plenty of those tooling around on snow covered roads.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Catman

I'd much rather have the new Miata and a truck for the same cost.  

Raza

QuoteI'd much rather have the new Miata and a truck for the same cost.
See, I'd never buy a truck.  But for the price, I imagine a like argument could be made for a Mazda3 and Mustang GT.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

I'd say it's as liveable as an S2000.  And I've seen plenty of those tooling around on snow covered roads.
Are you serious?  Its much, much smaller!  Barring ride, handling, this thing is downright tiny!  I can assume most people would be pretty cramped in there.  A S200 at least has more room.

2007 Honda S2000

Submariner

I've seen three 2 red and one yellow in my town in less than three weeks (although I do have the feeling that the 2 red ones I saw were one in the same)  Either way, they do draw attention, but they arent the best looking things...

but the way they drive is a whole other story  :praise:  
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

BMWDave

QuoteI've seen three 2 red and one yellow in my town in less than three weeks (although I do have the feeling that the 2 red ones I saw were one in the same)  Either way, they do draw attention, but they arent the best looking things...

but the way they drive is a whole other story  :praise:
Yup-they look like little bugs, but they drive like a dream!

2007 Honda S2000