Pulled over for seatbelt violation

Started by Mustangfan2003, May 22, 2013, 06:27:40 PM

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

dazzleman

Quote from: bing_oh on July 15, 2013, 08:20:06 AM
Dirties. Shitballs. Human cockroaches. Regular customers. The scum of humanity. Good, kind-hearted human beings who have strayed down the wrong path and need guidance (liberal definition).

It's funny how standards change.  When I was a kid, nobody used car restraints for kids.  We didn't even use seat belts.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

TurboDan

Quote from: dazzleman on July 18, 2013, 08:24:03 PM
It's funny how standards change.  When I was a kid, nobody used car restraints for kids.  We didn't even use seat belts.

The trend I'm seeing this summer is parents outfitting their kids in full life vests just to swim in the pool and/or at the beach. A family member of mine has decided to join the party on this. Parental overprotectiveness is getting worse and worse by the year.

bing_oh

Quote from: TurboDan on July 18, 2013, 11:08:11 PMThe trend I'm seeing this summer is parents outfitting their kids in full life vests just to swim in the pool and/or at the beach. A family member of mine has decided to join the party on this. Parental overprotectiveness is getting worse and worse by the year.

There is extremism in parenting today, no doubt. I don't see child safety seats as a reflection of that, though.

Raza

Quote from: TurboDan on July 18, 2013, 11:08:11 PM
The trend I'm seeing this summer is parents outfitting their kids in full life vests just to swim in the pool and/or at the beach. A family member of mine has decided to join the party on this. Parental overprotectiveness is getting worse and worse by the year.

I think the worst thing in the world is a parent trying to protect their small child.  It disgusts me.  Librruuls!   :shakesfist:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

dazzleman

Quote from: bing_oh on July 19, 2013, 06:47:49 AM
There is extremism in parenting today, no doubt. I don't see child safety seats as a reflection of that, though.
Dan is a dirty. :devil:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: bing_oh on July 19, 2013, 06:47:49 AM

There's creeping extremism there too though. Every year, the rules get more restrictive, keeping larger and older kids in the seats.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator