Started by JYODER240, November 09, 2005, 10:29:12 PM

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raghavan

JYODER240

Quotelooks nice...
I'm still curious to see some better pics.

Raghavan

The motor seems pretty kick ass though.

ifcar

Catman

At least the window pillars look better than the Tahoe

http://www.cadillac.com/2007escalade/index.html  

Catman

Hmmm, does the interior really seem that much different than Tahoe?  Granted the Tahoe's new interior is excellent, I was just hoping for a little more uniqueness here.  Hope I don't seem like I'm whining because the interior does look top notch.

I'm still thinking I'd rather have this Lexus if I was shopping this segment.  

Overall though, I think GM is really stepping up to the plate.  Looking at the new models, I can see the quality has really taken a turn for the better, as well as more attention being paid to materials.  I have to give Ford credit too in this regard.

ifcar

It's too similar to the Denali outside for my tastes. And the interior is not identical, but it's also pretty close.

At least they cloned from something decent this time around.  

Catman

QuoteIt's too similar to the Denali outside for my tastes. And the interior is not identical, but it's also pretty close.

At least they cloned from something decent this time around.
My thought exactly, IF.

giant_mtb

The grilled looks out of place.  Those vents on the sides look way out of place.  There's too much black space on the center console.  It looks too much like its siblings to really do anything for me... when I see one I just think "Yay, Yukon/Tahoe with a different grille.  How exciting"  But of course most people don't realize the clone-ness of it, so whenever the average person sees an "Escy" it's "oh man look at the rims! pimp!"

<_<

Did I mention there's a lot of ugly black space on the center console?

TBR

I am very disappointed with the interior, sure it is different from the rest of the GMT900s but not in a good way. IMHO the Tahoe/Yukon interior actually looks more luxurious! The exterior, however, is by far the best looking of the GMT900s imho.

SaltyDog

If I can borrow a word from Rag, the Escalade is pwnded:

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

Colonel Cadillac

In the spy photos with the poor quality images, I was dissapointed. I have to admit, my opinion has fully turned around. It looks great! With the DSG-like transmission with 400 HP, a good quality interior, technology galore etc., I am quite pleased with the way it turned out and would probably chose it over the competitors.  

thewizard16

QuoteIn the spy photos with the poor quality images, I was dissapointed. I have to admit, my opinion has fully turned around. It looks great! With the DSG-like transmission with 400 HP, a good quality interior, technology galore etc., I am quite pleased with the way it turned out and would probably chose it over the competitors.
Bleh. Honestly, I think it's the goofiest looking front on any large SUV I've ever seen. The interior is nice, I like the shape of the dash and the way the door panels were done, but still not all that attractive as I was hoping (too much plastic.. and what's up with the strip of wood on the console?). Style wise, it certainly doesn't have any significant advantages over the competition. The power is extremely good and the interior is pretty nice, but that's as far as it's appeal to me goes.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Colonel Cadillac

QuoteA new Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic transmission is matched with the 6.2L engine. One of the industry's most advanced automatics, the 6L80 features clutch-to-clutch shifting and has a wide, 6.04:1 overall ratio ? including two overdrive gears ? that helps deliver an excellent balance of performance and fuel economy. The 6L80's six forward gears have smaller "steps" between them, compared to a conventional four-speed automatic, which bolsters both performance and the feeling of smoothness. Shorter steps between the gears help the transmission quickly find the best gear for the vehicle speed and road conditions, with less back-and-forth hunting on grades ? a trait that is particularly helpful when towing. Also, the 6L80 has Driver Shift Control (tap up/tap down) capability that allows the driver to manually select upshifts and downshifts with a button on the column shifter.

The Escalade delivers with a new industry-exclusive power fold-and-tumble second-row seat feature that eases access to the third-row seat, as well as a power-assisted rear liftgate that opens and closes with the touch of a button.

An enhanced array of audio, infotainment and safety options also includes an available 8-inch touch-screen navigation system, as well as a DVD system with large 8-inch flip-down screen. A segment-first Bose 5.1 Digital Surround Sound system is integrated into the new family of radios that play DVD audio, DVD video, CD audio, CD videos, MP3s and XM Satellite Radio.
In addition, it has a .36 drag coeficient, and is rumored to get 20 MPG. The LX470/Range Rover/Cayenne S all get in the 12-14 range.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Secret Chimp

Eh, I don't like it, but there's no way in hell I'd ever buy anything like this in the first place.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

so cal cookie

The front is proper Escalade, but everything else outside is still too similar to the Tahoe and Yukon.  
Interior is a million times nicer than what was in there, but looks similar to an ES350.
It's good that it gets some unique pieces, but it needs more differentiation IMO.

I think as a whole, the 900s are dissapointing.

ifcar

The headlights are straight from the Yukon.  

so cal cookie

QuoteThe headlights are straight from the Yukon.
They are similar, but not identical.
Yukon:

Escalade:

thewizard16

QuoteThe front is proper Escalade, but everything else outside is still too similar to the Tahoe and Yukon.  
Interior is a million times nicer than what was in there, but looks similar to an ES350.
It's good that it gets some unique pieces, but it needs more differentiation IMO.

I think as a whole, the 900s are dissapointing.
ES350?  
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Secret Chimp

Man, the new Denali looks comparatively awful.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

so cal cookie

QuoteES350?
Yeah.  The center console faintly reminds me of the ES330.

I think I need to take a rest. :D  

thewizard16

QuoteES350?
Yeah.  The center console faintly reminds me of the ES330.

I think I need to take a rest. :D
I can see some style similarities too.

Maybe if they'd made the center console look a little nicer (like the Lexus's, maybe) it'd be better.  
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

so cal cookie

Looking at those two pictures also shows how similar the two are.  
Open the high res versions on GMI, and aside from the fascia, and the fender vent, they seem to be identical.

Edit: the exterior photos I posted.

Raza

Wow, the Yukon looks so much better.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TBR

I think the Escalade looks much better on the outside while the Yukon looks slightly better on the inside (though the 'Lade's interior is winning me over).

ifcar

QuoteThe headlights are straight from the Yukon.
They are similar, but not identical.
Yukon:

Escalade:
Still too close for my liking. The Yukon's front end is also particularly unattractive IMO.

JYODER240

It is starting to grow on me already, at first I thought the front looked ackward, but now I like its edgy look.

VetteZ06

Maybe if they'd made the center console look a little nicer (like the Lexus's, maybe) it'd be better.
What, by painting the plastic silver? No thanks. I'm sure if Cadillac had done that people would blast them for "cheaping out" on the instrument panel.

ifcar, I'm failing to see the striking front-end similarities between the Yukon Denali and Escalade. The headlights aren't even the same shape, the grilles would never mistaken for each other, and the lower fascias house completely different foglight setups. Color me confused . . .