Škoda Octavia RS

Started by Galaxy, June 06, 2013, 06:18:35 AM

Raza

Damn, there are a lot of wagons.   Have you even seen one of the liftbacks?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on July 26, 2013, 01:12:27 PM
Damn, there are a lot of wagons.   Have you even seen one of the liftbacks?

Virtually all of the Skoda Octavia's that I see (RS and the normal versions) are wagons. It's extremely rare that you'll see a sedan and I've only ever seen one Liftback from this generation. This is the order of buying preference: WAGON > SEDAN > LIFTBACK. I think in the UK the Liftback models sell better than the sedan models, but the wagon trumps them both. Colin once told me that the Brits still prefer Liftbacks.

The same statistics literally apply to every mainstreamer sold here: Passat, C5, Laguna, 508, Avensis, Mondeo etc. - people buy 'em in wagon form.  ;)
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Colin

There were loads of hatchback models on show at the Goodwood Moving MotorShow that is the prelude to the Festival of Speed........... I attended, of course, and my report is available on http://themotor.net

cawimmer430

Quote from: Colin on July 26, 2013, 02:16:07 PM
There were loads of hatchback models on show at the Goodwood Moving MotorShow that is the prelude to the Festival of Speed........... I attended, of course, and my report is available on http://themotor.net

I'm gonna check it out later and read your reviews of rental cars! Looking forward to it.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

mzziaz

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 26, 2013, 01:20:17 PM
Virtually all of the Skoda Octavia's that I see (RS and the normal versions) are wagons. It's extremely rare that you'll see a sedan and I've only ever seen one Liftback from this generation. This is the order of buying preference: WAGON > SEDAN > LIFTBACK. I think in the UK the Liftback models sell better than the sedan models, but the wagon trumps them both. Colin once told me that the Brits still prefer Liftbacks.

The same statistics literally apply to every mainstreamer sold here: Passat, C5, Laguna, 508, Avensis, Mondeo etc. - people buy 'em in wagon form.  ;)

Interesting. Over 70% of these segments are wagons in Norway, too.
Cuore Sportivo

cawimmer430

Quote from: mzziaz on July 26, 2013, 03:06:32 PM
Interesting. Over 70% of these segments are wagons in Norway, too.

Hey, how about a Skoda Octavia as your new mainstream car?

Also, you gonna watch the big game on Sunday between Germany and Norway?  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

mzziaz

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 26, 2013, 03:10:13 PM
Hey, how about a Skoda Octavia as your new mainstream car?

Also, you gonna watch the big game on Sunday between Germany and Norway?  :praise:

I'm considering it, and I will! You are the favorites, I think.
Cuore Sportivo

cawimmer430

Quote from: mzziaz on July 26, 2013, 03:50:15 PM
I'm considering it, and I will! You are the favorites, I think.

I really don't care who wins, I just want to see Caroline Hansen in action. She's cute as hell and a damn good footballer.  :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

TurboDan

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 26, 2013, 05:49:26 PM
I really don't care who wins, I just want to see Caroline Hansen in action. She's cute as hell and a damn good footballer.  :lol:

Sorta big forehead, but I guess I could deal with it...

MrH

2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

cawimmer430

She's cute, not stunningly beautiful. Plus, her moves on the field are orgasmic!  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

mzziaz

Too point elbows, eh?

Hope you lose today, Wimmer  :evildude:
Cuore Sportivo

cawimmer430

Quote from: mzziaz on July 28, 2013, 07:11:37 AM
Too point elbows, eh?

Hope you lose today, Wimmer  :evildude:

Who won?  :praise:  :devil:

Man, Caroline Hansen was gorgeous today!  :wub:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

mzziaz

Asshole!

j/k congrats on the gold, you pervert.
Cuore Sportivo

Mustangfan2003

I guess if they came to American I would have to Czech one out. 

cawimmer430

Quote from: mzziaz on July 28, 2013, 03:51:35 PM
Asshole!

j/k congrats on the gold, you pervert.

:lol:

I honestly could care less who wins the women's Euro championships. I just wanted to see my girls play!  :praise:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

FOR RAZA! A selection of Skoda Octavia RSs!  :lol:

With trailer hitch at the rear...

An Octavia RS taxi!

A facelifted white Octavia RS wagon!

And I think you would totally love this one! It's got your favorite headlights and it's in red!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Wow, the red actually does look really good.  I tend to picture it in blue, but red sometimes looks really good on cars where you don't picture it.  Another example is the old hawkeye WRX.  That car looks great in red.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on July 31, 2013, 08:49:19 AM
Wow, the red actually does look really good.  I tend to picture it in blue, but red sometimes looks really good on cars where you don't picture it.  Another example is the old hawkeye WRX.  That car looks great in red.

If you ever move to Europe, you can pick up an Octavia RS for a decent price. Good luck finding a sedan, though!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

I'm not to crazy about the facelift models, but this one looks pretty hot.

An ugly Octavia RS. No style...bah!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

I try to spot sedans and liftbacks, but all I see are wagons!  :praise:

This Octavia RS is from Luxembourg!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

White looks good.  Put the wheels from the modded one on to the stock one, and you've got a real winner.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

cawimmer430

Autobild just drove the new Skoda Octavia RS Sedan and Wagon side by side. I didn't read the review yet. Click the link for the image gallery.

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/skoda-octavia-rs-fahrbericht-4279656.html

Images: http://www.autobild.de/bilder/so-faehrt-der-skoda-octavia-rs-4279734.html

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Northlands

Quote from: Raza  on August 05, 2013, 09:49:28 AM
White looks good.  Put the wheels from the modded one on to the stock one, and you've got a real winner.

This.

I don't like the black hood at all, but the wheels do it for me.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

cawimmer430

For Raza - his dream Skoda Octavia RS!  :ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

Looking good.  But the sedan looks so much better!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on August 29, 2013, 11:41:42 AM
Looking good.  But the sedan looks so much better!

You have to wish me LUCK, because finding even a basic Skoda Octavia sedan is a chore, much less an Octavia RS sedan! :lol:

www.wimmerfotografie.de