Another Detroit Iron about to enter the mzziaz household

Started by mzziaz, July 16, 2013, 01:03:26 PM

Lebowski

My dad had an '85 GT convertible that he bought new and kept til around 98 or 99 ... Fun car, but a total piece of shit.

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

mzziaz

Quote from: Secret Chimp on July 17, 2013, 11:52:00 PM
Hey Per, let me know if you want an Edelbrock strip kit, if they're hard to find over there. I have a set I bought for the past carb on the Dodge that I never ended up keeping in use.

Uhm, will I need one?

Quote from: Raza  on July 18, 2013, 07:06:32 AM
mzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's name is Per?  I always associated that more with Germans. 

Guilty as charged. Per (short form of Peter) is primarily a Norwegian and Swedish name, IIRC,
Cuore Sportivo

Laconian

Wouldn't a shorter form of Peter be Pet or Pete?

Using those shortening rules, would I become "Ken"?
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

mzziaz

Quote from: Laconian on July 18, 2013, 03:29:00 PM

It went from Peter via Pädher(old Swedish)/Peder(danish) to Per, according to Wiki.
http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Per_%28navn%29
Cuore Sportivo

hotrodalex

Quote from: Laconian on July 18, 2013, 03:29:00 PM

I would be "Alder" :rockon:

Raza

Quote from: mzziaz on July 18, 2013, 03:22:44 PM
Uhm, will I need one?

Guilty as charged. Per (short form of Peter) is primarily a Norwegian and Swedish name, IIRC,

Hmm, I was going by Per Mertesacker.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Secret Chimp

Quote from: mzziaz on July 18, 2013, 03:22:44 PM
Uhm, will I need one?

Not by the sound of it, but sending this box of jets and rods and springs all the way to Norway is a lot more interesting than trying to hock it to yokels on Craigslist :P

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Secret Chimp on July 18, 2013, 09:44:51 PM
Not by the sound of it, but sending this box of jets and rods and springs all the way to Norway is a lot more interesting than trying to hock it to yokels on Craigslist :P

I figure you're obligated to continue the Carspin circle of free carburetor parts.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Mustangfan2003

Raza

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on July 18, 2013, 10:33:07 PM
Showing some love for Arsenal I see.

Not really.  I'm a Liverpool guy, but Mertesacker's skill is undeniable.  I bought him in Fifa when Skrtel's performance was beginning to diminish and he started demanding a higher salary than he was worth.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Mustangfan2003

You see the new Liverpool kits?  They look like some terrible crap from the early 90s.  I really enjoy the wheeling and dealing on FIFA.  In my first season Barcelona made me an offer for Jack Wilshere for a lot more than he was worth.  I was like alright and used the money I made to buy Neymar.  It was great and all until he requested a transfer in the next season.  Anyways, what do you think about all the Luis Suarez transfer rumors? 

mzziaz

So, I need a US address for getting tech info about the car from Ford.

Also, freight from Spokane to CA turns out to be a pain. Maybe I can get a spinner to do an all expenses paid trip to get it?
Cuore Sportivo

Soup DeVille

Quote from: mzziaz on July 21, 2013, 01:31:04 PM

Also, freight from Spokane to CA turns out to be a pain. Maybe I can get a spinner to do an all expenses paid trip to get it?

Where in Cali?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Quote from: mzziaz on July 21, 2013, 02:39:44 PM
Gardena, CA. Wanna do it?

Why so far south? Anyways: Chimp isn't that far from Spokane, and Benz isn't far from Gardena.

I'm on the other side of the country completely.

Soup DeVille

You can use my address if you want to, though.

What tech info do you need?

Morris Minor

Should be doable. You'd have to get a ferry across the Bering Sea.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Secret Chimp

Dude I would do the hell out of that.

Cookie Monster

You're also welcome to use my address. PM me if you want it.

If I had nothing to do and still lived in CA I'd definitely do that.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

mzziaz

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 21, 2013, 03:19:37 PM
Why so far south? Anyways: Chimp isn't that far from Spokane, and Benz isn't far from Gardena.

I'm on the other side of the country completely.

Domestic flights are pretty cheap, no?

I thought a paid road trip to California in a souped up Mustang is exactly what you life would need right now.

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 21, 2013, 03:20:24 PM
You can use my address if you want to, though.

What tech info do you need?

Thanks, you've got PM.

Norwegian DMV requires valid specs of the car for registration. Turns out Ford delivers such information for a reasonable cost, but only to US and Canadian addresses.
Cuore Sportivo

mzziaz

Quote from: Secret Chimp on July 21, 2013, 09:24:20 PM
Dude I would do the hell out of that.

Cool! You've got a PM.

Quote from: thecarnut on July 21, 2013, 09:35:20 PM
You're also welcome to use my address. PM me if you want it.

If I had nothing to do and still lived in CA I'd definitely do that.

Thanks man! I'll keep your offer in mind if the guys above bail on me.
Cuore Sportivo

Soup DeVille

Quote from: mzziaz on July 22, 2013, 01:36:00 AM
Domestic flights are pretty cheap, no?

I thought a paid road trip to California in a souped up Mustang is exactly what you life would need right now.

Thanks, you've got PM.

Norwegian DMV requires valid specs of the car for registration. Turns out Ford delivers such information for a reasonable cost, but only to US and Canadian addresses.

I was trying to save you money, although I appreciate the offer. Seems like Chimp wants to take you up on it.

Secret Chimp

I've already done plenty of trips like this in a much smaller car. Plus I don't drive like Rags so I'm not going to be oversteering it into curbs and blaming the tires or anything :P

Rich is close to Spokane too but I don't see him piping up, so firsties!

mzziaz

Don't you dare destroy those beautiful white lettered tires with massive burnouts!
Cuore Sportivo

Raza

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on July 21, 2013, 11:57:31 AM
You see the new Liverpool kits?  They look like some terrible crap from the early 90s.  I really enjoy the wheeling and dealing on FIFA.  In my first season Barcelona made me an offer for Jack Wilshere for a lot more than he was worth.  I was like alright and used the money I made to buy Neymar.  It was great and all until he requested a transfer in the next season.  Anyways, what do you think about all the Luis Suarez transfer rumors?

Haven't seen the new kits.

I think Suarez will probably go, but Wenger is full of shit.  He's all talk and hasn't spent a dime this offseason yet.  I'm worried; with Suarez gone, they'll have the money to buy talent similar to his (not as good, obviously, as he's likely the third best player in the world), but I think they'd prefer to Moneyball it and buy 10 teenagers. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

GoCougs

I actually live the closest to Spokane than anyone, but no, this would be kinda weird for me, plus I have lots of things going on...

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: Raza  on July 22, 2013, 06:48:35 PM
Haven't seen the new kits.

I think Suarez will probably go, but Wenger is full of shit.  He's all talk and hasn't spent a dime this offseason yet.  I'm worried; with Suarez gone, they'll have the money to buy talent similar to his (not as good, obviously, as he's likely the third best player in the world), but I think they'd prefer to Moneyball it and buy 10 teenagers.

This is it

It would be nice if Arsenal would spend some cash every now and then.  Would be nice if we still had RVP.

Raza

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on July 22, 2013, 07:47:17 PM
This is it

It would be nice if Arsenal would spend some cash every now and then.  Would be nice if we still had RVP.

No more collar?  I don't really like that.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i