Mercedes-Benz Munich 10th Anniversary / W222 S-Class Premiere / DTM AMG F1

Started by cawimmer430, July 20, 2013, 11:04:02 AM

cawimmer430

Mercedes-Benz Munich is celebrating their 10th Anniversary of establishing their gigantic dealership in the Arnulfstraße in central Munich. I once had a summer internship in this place and it's massive. There are roughly 500 cars inside the showroom, new and used and another 300+ in two parking garages underneath this gigantic structure that are off-limits to visitors.

Anyway, here are the snapshots from this event. They had the original Formula One Safety Car in display plus a DTM C-Class racing car! The new Actros truck is also part of the official AMG Driving Academy Team. What a cool-looking truck!

W204 C-Class DTM Racing Car - original car driven by Bernd Mayländer, who was a special guest at the event.

I'm really digging the CLA!

Cute chick # 1

The brand new Mercedes W222 S-Class! This place was so packed I couldn't get any decent photos of the car. But it looks stunning! Also, the interior is amazing! The interior makes the W221 cabin look "cheap"!

This gorgeous lady was cleaning the cars! Damn, I forgot to ask for her number! She can clean my car any day!!!

This is what a European will have to pay for a new W222 S500L - it'll be much cheaper in America.

A potential S-Class customer and his style of fashion!

VIDEO: S-Class walk around.

10 Jahre Mercedes Benz München Arnulfstraße 1)

I'm not feeling the new headlights on the E-Class sedan, but they do look perfect on the coupe! This is one sexy car, especially in red!

SLS AMG GT3!!!

Replica of the legendary 300SEL 6.3 AMG that won second place at Spa!

Anybody need a testicle or kidney? I need to raise money to buy this thing! I saw a brand new red Mercedes A45 AMG on the street a few days ago: SEXY!!! And this thing is awesome! I'm not a fan of "ricey body kits", but this thing looks awesome!!!! WANT. SO. BADLY. A45 AMG Edition 1!

Random shots of the gigantic showroom!

VIDEO: Dealership quick view

10 Jahre Mercedes Benz München Arnulfstraße 3)

Need a photo of yourself in an SL? No problem, this photographer had set up a mobile studio...

I thought this was pretty lame, but they actually set up a "hair saloon" for the ladies during this event!

Second-hand Smart CrossBlade!

Visitors could sample the electric drive Smarts during a fun game of "ping pong".

VIDEO: Smart "ping pong"

10 Jahre Mercedes Benz München Arnulfstraße 2)

Cute chick # 2!

This Mercedes client probably drives an Unimog!

The walkway for the special guest celebrities!

Soccer fans will know this guy! Franz "Der Kaiser" Beckenbauer. I met him once at the airport when I was just a young boy. I shook his hand. 20 years later, we meet again (although he didn't see me or recognize me!!!). It's a small world!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franz_Beckenbauer

The other guest star was famous German film actress Uschi Glas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uschi_Glas

VIDEOS: They're in German, but both Mr. Beckenbauer and Mrs. Glas are Mercedes' clients and both their cars were once stolen. Mr. Beckenbauer's W116 450SEL 6.9 was stolen while vacationing in Italy in the early '80s while Mrs. Glas' S-Class was stolen from her here in Munich!!!

10 Jahre Mercedes Benz München Arnulfstraße 4)

10 Jahre Mercedes Benz München Arnulfstraße 5)

DTM-racing driver Bernd Mayländer handing out autographs! I managed to get an autograph from Bernd Mayländer!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernd_Mayl%C3%A4nder

THE END
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

CALL_911

The W222 is growing on me, I like it way more than the W221. I still think the E-Class and CLA look stupid, and I'm a fan of the SL/SLK.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

cawimmer430

Quote from: CALL_911 on July 20, 2013, 11:12:53 AM
The W222 is growing on me, I like it way more than the W221. I still think the E-Class and CLA look stupid, and I'm a fan of the SL/SLK.

The W222 is pretty hot. I wasn't to convinced when I first saw the press photos, but as is usually the case the car looks better in person. The dimensions are perfect. I used to think that the W221 was elegant and sleek, but compared to the W222 the W221 appears "fat and lazy". I don't know how MB managed it, but the bigger W222 looks sleeker, more elegant and sportier than the W221. It's a gorgeous car.

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Colin

Great pics.

I have no time for the CLA at all. Ridiculously expensive with such derisory rear seat access and room once you have managed to get in there, it is all about style and no substance at all.

Sadly, the awful over stylised mess that is the CLA has infected most of the rest of the range, including the new S Class.......... it's a nice car inside, but the outside is, well, not to my taste.

As to the E Class, the facelift is not really an improvement - the back end of the saloon models is noticeably blander than before.

cawimmer430

Quote from: Colin on July 20, 2013, 12:20:46 PM
Great pics.

I have no time for the CLA at all. Ridiculously expensive with such derisory rear seat access and room once you have managed to get in there, it is all about style and no substance at all.

Sadly, the awful over stylised mess that is the CLA has infected most of the rest of the range, including the new S Class.......... it's a nice car inside, but the outside is, well, not to my taste.

As to the E Class, the facelift is not really an improvement - the back end of the saloon models is noticeably blander than before.

Glad you like 'em!

www.wimmerfotografie.de

MexicoCityM3

Great pics. Best chick was the car-cleaning lady. The other two are just run-of-the-mill blondes and a bit chubby.

Regarding the CLA I think it will be a huge hit. I know it's styling over everything else but lots of people dig that. And it's relatively affordable style.

And looking at the reviews of the A45 AMG, the AMG version won't be half bad at all. I like it.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

cawimmer430

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on July 20, 2013, 06:10:19 PM
Great pics. Best chick was the car-cleaning lady. The other two are just run-of-the-mill blondes and a bit chubby.

Agreed. The Turkish babe cleaning the S-Classes is to die for!  :wub:

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on July 20, 2013, 06:10:19 PMAnd looking at the reviews of the A45 AMG, the AMG version won't be half bad at all. I like it.

Will it be sold in Mexico? I'd love to hear your report of one on the track!  :mrcool:

www.wimmerfotografie.de