Sporty's 350Z thread

Started by 12,000 RPM, July 22, 2013, 02:55:36 PM

Char

:popcorn:
Quote from: Soup DeVille on September 20, 2014, 05:37:18 PM
I think we've finally found the other end of Char's psychotic nature.

With Sporty, it's personal. He doesn't know anything about me to say "Your parents paid for you car"
He doesn't know my parents.
He doesn't know me.
And even if they did buy me a car (and they didn't) why not?

He doesn't know anything about the cars mentioned in this thread - the E46 M54 is a fantastic motor is is extremely reliable. The 200whp dyno I posted of one was running at 140PSI compression at 245,000 miles - down from 180PSI. Parts and consumables are just cheap - it's RWD, has decent space, gas milage (there is NO penalty for having the 3.0 over the 2.5) and still looks great.
Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

Char

Quote from: 2o6 on September 20, 2014, 06:12:45 PM

You're also rich.

The parts for my Yaris cost around 1/2 on average for my friends Mini Cooper (non S!) and are generally more complicated to fix and repair.

True, but he isn't wrong - even the E46 M3 is not super expensive to maintain. The consumables do cost more than a Non M3, but there isn't anything crazy that needs to done to keep the car a reliable daily driver. My water pump, including parts in labor was $800, the same job would have cost me under $100 on an E46, and I could have done the labor myself.
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Char on September 20, 2014, 06:14:16 PM
:popcorn:
With Sporty, it's personal. He doesn't know anything about me to say "Your parents paid for you car"
He doesn't know my parents.
He doesn't know me.
And even if they did buy me a car (and they didn't) why not?

He doesn't know anything about the cars mentioned in this thread - the E46 M54 is a fantastic motor is is extremely reliable. The 200whp dyno I posted of one was running at 140PSI compression at 245,000 miles - down from 180PSI. Parts and consumables are just cheap - it's RWD, has decent space, gas milage (there is NO penalty for having the 3.0 over the 2.5) and still looks great.

Not sayin you're necessarily wrong, just a little unhinged about the whole thing.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

I got a rather large speeding ticket on my Accent a few months ago. In Virginia$. I should probably trade it for something less sporty.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

68_427

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on September 20, 2014, 07:17:51 PM
I got a rather large speeding ticket on my Accent a few months ago. In Virginia$. I should probably trade it for something less sporty.

Van

Yo where are your youtube videos?
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

dazzleman

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on September 20, 2014, 07:17:51 PM

You're a fucking cop magnet.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: 68_427 on September 20, 2014, 07:31:26 PM
Van

Yo where are your youtube videos?

Yes, I need Van back. It would be so useful right now with all my work.
I don't even know about my youtubes.

68_427

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on September 20, 2014, 07:46:31 PM
Yes, I need Van back. It would be so useful right now with all my work.
I don't even know about my youtubes.

Those video were so good doe
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

12,000 RPM

Lol.

Good workout at the gym? Check.
Getting times down on Forza with the wheel? Check.
Getting stuff done for my business? Check.
Nice nite out with wifey dining in Charlotte's finest restaurants? Check.
Coming home, opening up my laptop and seeing Char completely unhinge from a throwaway comment? Fucking priceless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CPlF-IEkXQ

When your nuts drop and you get the stones to divulge all the details about yourself you judge everyone else on, maybe I can begin to consider to treat you with a modicum of respect. Till then get used to being a joke here
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Eye of the Tiger

12,000 RPM

"Mommy theyre being mean to me on CarSPIN!!!! Can I have your card to buy some parts for my car?"

MexicoCityM3

Get a used ATS for the ultimate irony.

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

12,000 RPM

For what GM is giving them away for that might be a legit option.

AutobahnSHO

LOLS I had to look at silly troll graphs to see what I missed. LOLOLOLOLOL

These guys already figured it out for ya

http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=120340

Over just five years
Will

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on September 20, 2014, 08:31:15 PM
For what GM is giving them away for that might be a legit option.

It may be wrong for Cadillac but right for you!
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: AutobahnSHO on September 20, 2014, 08:34:46 PM
LOLS I had to look at silly troll graphs to see what I missed. LOLOLOLOLOL

These guys already figured it out for ya

http://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=120340

Over just five years

Lol @ almost 3,000 a year in maintenance and repairs for an E90 328i. that is insane and totally false unless you are an idiot and go to the dealer for everything. Even so it's out of whack.
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

Char

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on September 20, 2014, 08:37:33 PM
Lol @ almost 3,000 a year in maintenance and repairs for an E90 328i. that is insane and totally false unless you are an idiot and go to the dealer for everything. Even so it's out of whack.

No idea how they came up to those numbers.

12,000 RPM

True Delta is a Char approved source and according to that the 3 will def have more problems than the TSX. $3K a year is absurd but even if the repairs are cheap, they are still issues that will negatively affect the ownership experience and cost me time and money to repair. No disrespect to MCM (I have no respect for Char) but anecdotes from a psychopath and the president of a BMW club aren't exactly on the level of the hundreds of surveys and buyers guides from less biased sources

Plus the 330i only gets marginally better gas mileage than the Z, which is a factor. TSX still uses premium but is nearly 50% more fuel efficient. Don't get me wrong... E46 is an excellent car and was on my original list. I do want to own a BMW one day, most likely as a project car. But it's not a fit for what I need right now.

Raza

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on September 20, 2014, 09:52:28 PM
True Delta is a Char approved source and according to that the 3 will def have more problems than the TSX. $3K a year is absurd but even if the repairs are cheap, they are still issues that will negatively affect the ownership experience and cost me time and money to repair. No disrespect to MCM (I have no respect for Char) but anecdotes from a psychopath and the president of a BMW club aren't exactly on the level of the hundreds of surveys and buyers guides from less biased sources

Plus the 330i only gets marginally better gas mileage than the Z, which is a factor. TSX still uses premium but is nearly 50% more fuel efficient. Don't get me wrong... E46 is an excellent car and was on my original list. I do want to own a BMW one day, most likely as a project car. But it's not a fit for what I need right now.

TSXs are sweet and it would make a good daily driver, but I wouldn't give up a 350Z for one. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FlatBlackCaddy

I made the comment about a tsx being 90% as fun as a 325.

I'd think most would agree with that, even a realistic bmw fan. I'm sure it wouldnt fare as well against a 330 or worse a ZHP.

I love bmw's, would buy one anyday over a honda. I'm still realistic though, and anyone that looks at it from a non subjective point of view would never try to compare the two from a reliability and maintenance standpoint.

I bet most bmw guys spend more getting rid of the 50mph shimmy than someone would spend over 5 years of owning a used tsx.

Char

You're an idiot and everyone here can see it. You know there is a disconnect from reality when the majority of people agree with me. You're complaining about ownership cost but own a VW a 350z and want to mod a 10yo hatch.

Drive your warmed over Accord and shit VW and leave the real cars to the enthusiast.  Bitch.

Char

Quote from: Raza  on September 20, 2014, 10:01:40 PM
TSXs are sweet and it would make a good daily driver, but I wouldn't give up a 350Z for one.

He's just interested in putting 215whp and 150tq to the front wheels and collecting more tickets.

12,000 RPM

Which of the two would you say is the better daily driver, and what is the relevance of your wants

And I thought u hated the 350Z lmao.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Char on September 20, 2014, 10:15:49 PM
You're an idiot and everyone here can see it. You know there is a disconnect from reality when the majority of people agree with me. You're complaining about ownership cost but own a VW a 350z and want to mod a 10yo hatch.

Drive your warmed over Accord and shit VW and leave the real cars to the enthusiast.  Bitch.
The majority of people who agree with you are generally also kids w/a similar lack of context.

And the VW has been dead reliable. Fan issue was from a fender bender my wife had, I found out. Otherwise no issues. Can u say the same about all the BMWs u claim to have owned?

And yea I will drive a warmed over Accord and shit VW while u have aneurisms over what some random internet poster drives. I will bet your edit was to throw in the "bitch" at the end to try and make up for how idiotic and emotionally invested u are.

All those BMWs and u post like a dude who has never got laid. So full of anger over meaningless shit. It's sad

MexicoCityM3

And you're on record not even liking the Z.

Sporty I can't imagine the savings paying off. It'll be marginal. Your Z you know you may get a crappy TSX anyway.
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)

FlatBlackCaddy

How about a gti, 1.8t's are pretty cheap. Much more reliable than the 3 series, I know alot of bmw guys that have switched over to these.

Char

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on September 20, 2014, 10:36:10 PM
How about a gti, 1.8t's are pretty cheap. Much more reliable than the 3 series, I know alot of bmw guys that have switched over to these.

I doubt that.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on September 20, 2014, 10:36:10 PM
Lol

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on September 20, 2014, 10:29:00 PM
And you're on record not even liking the Z.

Sporty I can't imagine the savings paying off. It'll be marginal. Your Z you know you may get a crappy TSX anyway.
$1330 a year based on current gas prices.

Cookie Monster

Honestly, if you're not going to mod the Z, I'd dump it for the TSX. I'd much rather have a cheaper car that I can mod on my own rather than a more expensive car I'd have to keep stock.
RWD > FWD
President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 Thread" Club
2007 Mazda MX-5 | 1999 Honda Nighthawk 750 | 1989 Volvo 240 | 1991 Toyota 4Runner | 2006 Honda CBR600F4i | 2015 Yamaha FJ-09 | 1999 Honda CBR600F4 | 2009 Yamaha WR250X | 1985 Mazda RX-7 | 2000 Yamaha YZ426F | 2006 Yamaha FZ1 | 2002 Honda CBR954RR | 1996 Subaru Outback | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek | 1986 Toyota MR2
Quote from: 68_427 on November 27, 2016, 07:43:14 AM
Or order from fortune auto and when lyft rider asks why your car feels bumpy you can show them the dyno curve
1 3 5
├┼┤
2 4 R

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Char on September 20, 2014, 10:42:22 PM
I doubt that.

The last one to jump ship was the pres of the local bmw club. I'm sure your bmw is cool but when you get a few more miles under your belt and some experience pushing a car to its limits,  you will eventually upgrade to the big boy club.