Lebowski's New Car Thread

Started by Lebowski, November 12, 2005, 08:17:09 AM

Lebowski

QuoteYou haven't really given a solid reason why a Saab or Lincoln is not for you.  Stereotypes?
Personal preference.  

Raghavan

QuoteGo for a fully loaded Mazdaspeed 6.  It comes with a ton of luxury features, and is by no means as harsh as an STi or Evo.
But it also comes with ugly ass styling and FWD, which he doesn't want.

cozmik

QuoteGo for a fully loaded Mazdaspeed 6.  It comes with a ton of luxury features, and is by no means as harsh as an STi or Evo.
Last check the Mazdaspeed6 was going to be AWD

2006 BMW 330xi. 6 Speed, Sport Package. Gone are the RFTs! Toyo Proxes 4 in their place

mazda6er

QuoteGo for a fully loaded Mazdaspeed 6.? It comes with a ton of luxury features, and is by no means as harsh as an STi or Evo.
Last time I checked, it wasn't ugly either!  :o  :angry:  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

mazda6er

Lebowski, if you're interested in saving money, why not consider the IS250? No more "underpowered" than the TSX and just as loaded, plus the added benefits of RWD and Lexus quality/resale. Not to mention it's available with a manual that way.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

BMWDave

QuoteGo for a fully loaded Mazdaspeed 6.? It comes with a ton of luxury features, and is by no means as harsh as an STi or Evo.
Disregard him ;)  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

mazda6er

Disregard him ;)
Oh, I know, I was just joking. Rag talking about cars is like a homo telling dudes how to pick up women.  :lol:  
--Mark

BMWDave

Disregard him ;)
Oh, I know, I was just joking. Rag talking about cars is like a homo telling dudes how to pick up women.  :lol:
:lol:  

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Catman

QuoteLebowski, if you're interested in saving money, why not consider the IS250? No more "underpowered" than the TSX and just as loaded, plus the added benefits of RWD and Lexus quality/resale. Not to mention it's available with a manual that way.
I totally agree with that suggestion.  From what I've read performance is pretty good and the weight bias is probably better.

mazda6er

QuoteLebowski, if you're interested in saving money, why not consider the IS250? No more "underpowered" than the TSX and just as loaded, plus the added benefits of RWD and Lexus quality/resale. Not to mention it's available with a manual that way.
I totally agree with that suggestion.  From what I've read performance is pretty good and the weight bias is probably better.
:rockon:  Oh, yeah and 1 more thing....VENTILATED SEATS. Those'll come in mighty handy for a Floridian.
--Mark

footoflead

You tell 'em  mark :angry:

;)  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

850CSi

If he's going to consider the IS250 he should probably consider the 325i rather than the 330i as well...

ifcar

The TSX is still much cheaper, fully loaded for over $1,500 under the base price of the IS250.

mazda6er

QuoteIf he's going to consider the IS250 he should probably consider the 325i rather than the 330i as well...
That's true.

Also, on the IS250, I'm not sure if it's possible to get one with NAV, unless it has AWD for some reason. So that may throw a wrench in the plans if you were to consider it. Not that AWD is a bad thing, but it adds to the cost and you probably don't need it. Stupid option packages.  <_<
--Mark

Lebowski

Disregard him ;)
LOL

TBR

QuoteIf he's going to consider the IS250 he should probably consider the 325i rather than the 330i as well...
That's true.

Also, on the IS250, I'm not sure if it's possible to get one with NAV, unless it has AWD for some reason. So that may throw a wrench in the plans if you were to consider it. Not that AWD is a bad thing, but it adds to the cost and you probably don't need it. Stupid option packages.  <_<
Isn't the AWD model also auto only?

mazda6er

That's true.

Isn't the AWD model also auto only?
Erm, yeah, I forgot about that.  :(

Well that settles it Lebowski, no NAV for you!  :lol:  
--Mark

Lebowski

IS250 RWD comes out to $31,300 w/ 18 in wheels and summer tires.  Doesn't include Nav.  I guess it's worth a look, similar to the TSX in that it's a good choice near the low end of my price range.

850CSi

You can get an IS250 RWD with Nav for around $34K. A 325i would come out to around $1-2K more (w/ iDrive + Nav)

mazda6er

QuoteYou can get an IS250 RWD with Nav for around $34K. A 325i would come out to around $1-2K more (w/ iDrive + Nav)
How are you getting the IS250 RWD w/NAV? It's not possible according to the Lexus site. At least, I don't think it is.

link
--Mark

850CSi

QuoteYou can get an IS250 RWD with Nav for around $34K. A 325i would come out to around $1-2K more (w/ iDrive + Nav)
How are you getting the IS250 RWD w/NAV? It's not possible according to the Lexus site. At least, I don't think it is.
It was possible for me... just build one.

TBR

It will let me build a IS250 6MT with nav, but the sticker comes to $38,895, hardly a roaring value especially considering its relatively low hp numbers (granted, the A4 2.0t has less power, but its numbers far exceed what you would think considering its specifications, even a Quattro model should be able to outrun an IS250).

mazda6er

This must have something to do with our zip codes. Availability of certain model types must vary according to that, I guess. This is what I get for choices: link

no nav, and impossible to make it $38K like Tim did.
--Mark

850CSi

Yeah, tim... How'd you get 38K?

I got 34...

850CSi

Lebowski, you really should consider the IS250.

But it IS a bit slow considering you can get even a 325i for similar money (not to mention TL, G35, etc.).

TBR

The only option package they had with nav in it:

Navigation System/Mark Levinson? Premium Audio System Package with Additional Options         $8,315.00
Navigation System/Mark Levinson? Premium Audio System Package includes Lexus voice-activated DVD Navigation System with backup camera and Bluetooth? technology, Mark Levinson 14-speaker 300-watt Premium Surround Sound Audio System with 7.1 architecture and in-dash, single feed, six-disc CD/DVD auto-changer.
Additional Options:
-     Sport Package
-     Intuitive Parking Assist
-     Headlamp washers

MrH

Toyota has the most screwed up options and packaging by region ever.  Trying to get a new Tacoma when they first came out for my dad with everything he wanted was a nightmare.  Took a few hours with the dealership just trying to make sense of it all.  I think we actually got one from another region in the end.

So what about the Mazdaspeed6, Lebowski?
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

Lebowski

QuoteIt will let me build a IS250 6MT with nav, but the sticker comes to $38,895, hardly a roaring value especially considering its relatively low hp numbers (granted, the A4 2.0t has less power, but its numbers far exceed what you would think considering its specifications, even a Quattro model should be able to outrun an IS250).
I think you're looking at an IS350.

EDIT:  Maybe not, if it's got all that Mark Levinson crap that drives the price up.

Lebowski

Wow, if this is because of zip codes, that's retarded.  These are HUGE differences.

Lebowski

QuoteToyota has the most screwed up options and packaging by region ever.  Trying to get a new Tacoma when they first came out for my dad with everything he wanted was a nightmare.  Took a few hours with the dealership just trying to make sense of it all.  I think we actually got one from another region in the end.

So what about the Mazdaspeed6, Lebowski?
Eh, I don't love the Mazda 6.