Cadillac Elmiraj concept

Started by Mustangfan2003, August 15, 2013, 10:19:12 PM

giant_mtb

Looks like a modernized, 2-door version of the Sixteen from 10+ years ago.

Color me unimpressed. 

(Though I'm sure some of the technology underneath will trickle down as time goes on)

MX793

Not bad, but doesn't leave the same impression as the Ciel did.  That car just oozed "American Luxury".  Reminded me of the old Lincoln Continentals or jumbo Eldorado convertibles of yesteryear.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Mustangfan2003

I'm not sure about the front and the new badge.  Overall, Caddy is in the right direction unlike Lincoln. 

giant_mtb

Lincoln is...just...ghastly.  And gaudy.

I don't know how anyone can think a modern Lincoln is...good-looking.

Mother of god. PUUUUUUUUUUke.

Mustangfan2003

Kinda interested in this 4.5 V8, seems like it could be a Northstar replacement. 

TurboDan

Convert to drop top and XLR 2.0?

hotrodalex

"New" badge is a good idea. The wreath was too old school, but the crest alone looks pretty slick.

The car looks great, especially from the rear and inside. I think my only problem with it is the empty space between the headlights and the grill. Not a big deal, though.

Mustangfan2003

You know I think Cadillac should do another convertible.  They hadn't done so well with 2 seaters so go with a 4 seater. 

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on August 15, 2013, 11:20:37 PM
You know I think Cadillac should do another convertible.  They hadn't done so well with 2 seaters so go with a 4 seater. 

The best Caddy convertibles were all six seaters.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

MX793

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on August 15, 2013, 10:33:50 PM
I'm not sure about the front and the new badge.  Overall, Caddy is in the right direction unlike Lincoln. 

Ford's management of the Lincoln brand has been :facepalm:.  Before they sold Jag, I would have argued that they were intentionally holding Lincoln back, making it more of a Buick-level competitor so as not to step on Jag's toes.  But now there's no reason for that, and I honestly think that even Buick has a better product plan than Lincoln right now.  Lincoln really needs some cars that are completely distinct from anything you can get with a blue oval on it.  A couple of platform-shared models, especially at the lower end of the range, is OK, but their higher models should be something very different from what you can get at the local Ford store.  I think they should inject a little more sportiness into the brand by introducing a sportier, RWD model.  Sort of a successor to the LS.  A smaller, sporty RWD model would be a nice addition as well.

They also should have never gone to that stupid MK_ nomenclature.  Zephyr is a great name, and it should come back.  In fact, they could do their entire lineup with Greco-Roman inspired names.  Aquilon, Hyperion, Helios, Harmonia, Concordia and Lucina would all make great names for Lincoln models.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

Soup DeVille

I'm actually seeing a little bit of Lincoln in those headlight "arches."
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

2o6

I really love the way that front 3/4 reads in the initial photo.

SVT666

Galaxy

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Galaxy on August 16, 2013, 02:35:47 AM

Not bad.

It looks descent, probably zero possibility of ever seeing one that looks anything like this.

veeman

this car looks hot but i agree the final product will look very different

ford's biggest problem is not lincoln, it's the money pit that european ford operations are.  they need to streamline their operations there and work on breaking even, much less make a profit.  it mirror's europe's economic doldrums.  ford also needs to establish more of a foothold in china like buick and vw have.  yeah lincoln sucks but it's massive money to develop a new platform for a luxury vehicle and then uncertain success against the likes of lexus, bmw, audi, and mercedes.  cadillac has a hard time as it is although the stuff they've accomplished is pretty good. 

hotrodalex

The interior will probably be toned down, but I doubt the exterior will look much different if they decide to make a production version.

Vinsanity

It looks nice and all, but I'm still a bit jaded after the announcement of the Ciel not seeing production (as much business sense as it makes).

I'll be more interested when they release a more production-ready version of this.

Laconian

Yeah! We have a saying in Texas. Fool me once, shame on you.. fool me twice...

...fool me cain't git fooled a'gin!

(Yeah, Cadillac has a sordid history of making Cruella DeVille hedonistic luxobarge concepts, working us into a lather and wasting tons of ink on "American luxury" platitudes, and doing NOTHING ZILCH NADA with them.)

IMO Cadillac's wrapping itself in the flag of "American Luxury" means that I associate Americans' good taste with tacky overwrought details, needless paucity, with chrome painted plastic that flakes off in a year.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

TBR

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 15, 2013, 10:43:49 PM
Lincoln is...just...ghastly.  And gaudy.

I don't know how anyone can think a modern Lincoln is...good-looking.

Mother of god. PUUUUUUUUUUke.

I'm potentially unique in this, but I like the MKT.

Laconian

Really? I think it looks like a hearse, and the butt is tres enormement.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

TBR

Yep. In fact, really I think it's only the MKS that's just plain ugly.

Wouldn't buy anyone of them of course.

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: Laconian on August 16, 2013, 12:27:56 PM
Really? I think it looks like a hearse, and the butt is tres enormement.

I saw one in Nashville that was a limo. 

Northlands

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on August 15, 2013, 11:20:37 PM

I think they should make a small one. 2 seater or 2+2 around the ATS size.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

cawimmer430

Looks awesome and stunning.  :wub:

The only thing that this baby needs is front-wheel-drive as a homage to the 1967 Eldorado...  :devil:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

ChrisV

Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Colin

Surprised at the overall reaction on here, as I was expecting plenty of approval and you guys seem quite luke warm to negative.... I think it looks really rather good.