Next gen Titan to offer Cummins V8

Started by Mustangfan2003, August 20, 2013, 03:47:50 PM

Rupert

Quote from: GoCougs on August 25, 2013, 10:25:28 PM
Because I can ;). My "personal preference" is not only vastly more healthy it's not chewing up or polluting the environment.

Hippie!
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Rupert

One time, I was out working in the woods, and this guy on a loud ATV (they're all loud) comes down the road, and he's complaining about not seeing any deer any more, and blaming it on wolves. :facepalm: 'Cause the ATV under his fat old ass doesn't scare the wildlife away, doncha know.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

giant_mtb

I give up. Cougs doesn't like to have fun. And the occasional brap braaaaaap of an ATV going by is apparently too much to handle.

Tave

Quote from: GoCougs on August 25, 2013, 12:01:25 PM
The worst "fun short burst" is the jet ski/PWC. Give me 9 minutes on one and then I want to kill myself.

OMG the WORST! I could spend a day on one when I was 13 but I doubt I'd last 10 minutes now.

Agreed on the motorbike too. I've always wanted to learn how to ride, and that's the only way I can picture myself doing any non-truck, non-work ATV activity of any substance. Otherwise I enjoy boats but fuck if I'm paying for such a monster.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Laconian

Hahaha. My brother bought a PWC and only put four hours on it before reselling it two years later. Sounds about right.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

GoCougs

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 25, 2013, 11:43:24 PM
Oh my. Cause a modern 4-stroke in a four wheeler that gets used on the weekends is soooooo much worse than you driving your car to work every day. And those damn jetskis with their clean motorcycle engines! Ruining it all!!!!  Mountain bikes chew up the terrain just like a dirtbike or ATV, just on a smaller scale. Don't be a trail snob. They're the worst. Also, you're absolutely kidding yourself if you don't think a day long trail ride on any sort of ATV isn't a workout. Is it uber-cardio like biking? No. But it's physically demanding nonetheless.

When are you going to make a real point? :facepalm:

Non-catalyzed/non-emission exhaust is far more damaging. A few hours a week on a recreational machine is equivalent to many many days of exhaust from a modern car. And yes, there are lots of 2-stroke machines out there, which are 10x worse. Additionally, there isn't a machine that doesn't leak vital fluids; PWCs are particularly nasty as their exhaust vents directly into (and is absorbed by) the water.

No, mountain bikes don't do 5% the damage of ATVs or motorbikes. C'mon, man. And one doesn't have to look at the physicality (or lack thereof ;)) of the average motorized sport user to conclude that mountain bike, snowmobiling, swimming/snorkeling, etc., are far healthier exercises. But trail snob? Maybe, but I'm also operating on facts too.

giant_mtb

Quote from: GoCougs on August 26, 2013, 10:43:31 AM
Non-catalyzed/non-emission exhaust is far more damaging. A few hours a week on a recreational machine is equivalent to many many days of exhaust from a modern car. And yes, there are lots of 2-stroke machines out there, which are 10x worse. Additionally, there isn't a machine that doesn't leak vital fluids; PWCs are particularly nasty as their exhaust vents directly into (and is absorbed by) the water.

No, mountain bikes don't do 5% the damage of ATVs or motorbikes. C'mon, man. And one doesn't have to look at the physicality (or lack thereof ;)) of the average motorized sport user to conclude that mountain bike, snowmobiling, swimming/snorkeling, etc., are far healthier exercises. But trail snob? Maybe, but I'm also operating on facts too.

This isn't even an argument worth having. You just dislike that other people have fun in different ways. And honestly, that's pretty sad. Jump off your high horse once in a while.

SVT666

If I had enough room I would have several V8 cars and trucks, a V8 ski boat, 4 snowmobiles, a couple side-by-side two seat ATVs, a V8 powered BBQ, and a 1 ton dually with a bumper sticker that says "Fuck you Rupert"

:lol:

GoCougs

Quote from: Tave on August 26, 2013, 10:15:50 AM
OMG the WORST! I could spend a day on one when I was 13 but I doubt I'd last 10 minutes now.

Agreed on the motorbike too. I've always wanted to learn how to ride, and that's the only way I can picture myself doing any non-truck, non-work ATV activity of any substance. Otherwise I enjoy boats but fuck if I'm paying for such a monster.

Motorbikes are actually pretty easy, or at least easier than they appear (or at least that's what I thought). I didn't have any in the family or wasn't a hardcore machine user/rider growing up. I learned on friends' machines and really haven't do any riding since college and wasn't into anything hardcore. It's fun.

GoCougs

Quote from: Laconian on August 26, 2013, 10:34:13 AM
Hahaha. My brother bought a PWC and only put four hours on it before reselling it two years later. Sounds about right.

They seem cool - tons of power, unbelievable speed, and freedom to zip about wherever - but in almost no time at all they become a prison of boredom and monotony.

Raza

Quote from: Secret Chimp on August 24, 2013, 11:03:54 AM
Horses are kind of fun but they're also like the weight of a car and as smart as a dumb dog, which makes them kind of scary.

Yeah, kind of my issue with them as well.  Not okay with hanging around an animal so big it could kill me by accident and not even realize it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Laconian on August 26, 2013, 10:34:13 AM

They look totally fun buzzing up the river here. But you have to have a trailer and somewhere to keep it and....

How does it go? The two happiest days in a boat owners' life are the day they buy the boat...  and the day they sell it!...
Will

Laconian

My dad knows that feel, bro. He was thrilled to get rid of his sailboat. Its steady rate of decay was an albatross.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Secret Chimp

I've been on small boats enough to know that it is the most uncomfortable way to get anywhere.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Tave

Quote from: GoCougs on August 26, 2013, 11:01:30 AM
Motorbikes are actually pretty easy, or at least easier than they appear (or at least that's what I thought). I didn't have any in the family or wasn't a hardcore machine user/rider growing up. I learned on friends' machines and really haven't do any riding since college and wasn't into anything hardcore. It's fun.

I think I'd pick it up easily, I've spent a lot of time on clutch-operated quads, so I have the mechanical inputs under control. I just need some seat time.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

SVT666

I love our boat.  Had some issues when I first bought it, but it's been a champ ever since.  Every time we're on the boat pulling the kids on the tube, kneeboarding, or just anchored and jumping off, my wife thanks me for convincing her to buy one.  For my kids, it's far and away their favourite summertime activity.

Rupert

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 26, 2013, 10:50:26 AM
This isn't even an argument worth having. You just dislike that other people have fun in different ways. And honestly, that's pretty sad. Jump off your high horse once in a while.

Ha, and you were the one asking for a "real point"! Nice.

Rupert

Quote from: SVT666 on August 26, 2013, 10:52:50 AM
If I had enough room I would have several V8 cars and trucks, a V8 ski boat, 4 snowmobiles, a couple side-by-side two seat ATVs, a V8 powered BBQ, and a 1 ton dually with a bumper sticker that says "Fuck you Rupert"

And you feel that all that penis compensation would make you not an idiot?

S204STi

Well... I grew up around horses, since my mom and sister are both avid riders.  Horses will occasionally do unexpected things, but generally they're predictable.  A confident rider is the biggest difference.

3.0L V6

Quote from: GoCougs on August 26, 2013, 11:01:30 AM

Would you recommend a dirt bike for starting out, or a small street bike, something in the 250cc range?

MrH

I can see the fun in an ATV or jet ski.  Boats, horses, and RVs are totally lost on me.
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

280Z Turbo

I've kinda lost respect for RVs after riding in one to Road America. They're noisy, thirsty, poorly built maintenance hogs.

hotrodalex

Quote from: 3.0L V6 on August 26, 2013, 09:29:18 PM
Would you recommend a dirt bike for starting out, or a small street bike, something in the 250cc range?

A lot of people start on dirt bikes (usually as kids or young adults) and then move to motorcycles. Dirt bikes are nice to learn on since you can get all geared up and screw around in a field with no worries about traffic or anything. And grass/dirt is softer than asphalt.

GoCougs

Quote from: 3.0L V6 on August 26, 2013, 09:29:18 PM

I can't remember the last time I was on a dirt bike so I'm not a good person to ask. I know as much that the style of riding is completely different - whatever type you want to do, buy a beginner bike of that type.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on August 26, 2013, 10:21:36 PM
I've kinda lost respect for RVs after riding in one to Road America. They're noisy, thirsty, poorly built maintenance hogs.

And you're basing this on what, a 1978 Tasco?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

TurboDan

Ehhhh.... I'd love to see how half these guys hold up to my (yes, AWD) LR2. I pulled a Rubicon off the beach last fall. Leggoooo....

Rupert

As has been covered, big trucks are pretty terrible offroaders, but pulling someone out isn't proof of anything. That Rubicon would eat your LR for lunch on a real offroad trail.

Though that's about all the Wrangler/CJs are good for...

280Z Turbo

Secret Chimp

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.