So I test drove a 370Z....

Started by 12,000 RPM, August 30, 2013, 03:52:03 PM

12,000 RPM

It was a dick move, there are people starving, yadda yadda.

I live right by a Nissan dealership so I figured 'ehhh why the hell not'. I wanted to see what the deal was with the 7AT, so I somehow managed to get one of the guys to accompany me on a decent loop around my neighborhood.

Impressions? Well to summarize, I think you would have to REALLY like Zs to go from a 350Z to a 370Z. The 370 was way better built for sure, and obviously felt much newer than my car. But ever since that Ferrari drive, I feel like I go into test drives expecting gulfs in difference like I saw between the Fiat & Ferrari. In any case, the interior was nice, but beyond that the car drove + felt pretty much exactly like my Z. The 7AT in manumatic mode was pretty obedient, and the throttle blips were OK, but it definitely felt slushy... I was expecting more snap and it wasn't there. The VHR revs higher for sure, but the top end didn't have the manic "VTEC cam" rush or sound I was hoping for. All in all I thought the car was OK... it may be the best 2 seater in its price range... but I would rather mess with mine than upgrade.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

GoCougs

Nah, the 370z is a much better driver. Is it worth $30k to upgrade? I would - much better looks and motor. The only issue not addressed is tire/road noise and ride. Nissan commits this sin so often I think it's intentional.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: GoCougs on September 02, 2013, 11:22:56 AM
Nah, the 370z is a much better driver. Is it worth $30k to upgrade? I would - much better looks and motor. The only issue not addressed is tire/road noise and ride. Nissan commits this sin so often I think it's intentional.
Lol I drove both cars back to back. The $370Z isn't $10K better let alone $30K, unless you are a serial dash stroker.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

giant_mtb

I'd take the 370 over a 350 just 'cause of the looks. Wouldn't really care if they felt/drove the same.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on September 02, 2013, 11:22:56 AM
Says the guy that has never driven either of them.

Gotta-Qik-C7

My mom wants a 370 Vert. But she changed her mind when she saw the base price.  :lol:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Laconian

How about a used one?

How old is your mom? I'm guessing late 60s? If so, that would be a rockin car :lol:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

hotrodalex

If she can get in and out of it. That'd be my mom's problem.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Laconian on September 02, 2013, 09:34:39 PM
How about a used one?

How old is your mom? I'm guessing late 60s? If so, that would be a rockin car :lol:
64. She'll only buy new. She's a car nut like me!  :ohyeah:

Quote from: hotrodalex on September 02, 2013, 10:26:43 PM
If she can get in and out of it. That'd be my mom's problem.
She's limber as a 25 year old!!! She used to hop in and out my Vette like a champ!

hotrodalex

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on September 02, 2013, 10:37:53 PM
She's limber as a 25 year old!!! She used to hop in and out my Vette like a champ!

Guess the whole "black don't crack" applies physically too!

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: hotrodalex on September 02, 2013, 10:40:37 PM
Guess the whole "black don't crack" applies physically too!
LOL! Yep!!!!!