Pics- 07 Suburban

Started by TBR, November 14, 2005, 01:35:12 PM

thewizard16

It's okay. I like it better than the Yukon or Escalade front ends.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Secret Chimp

Yeah, the Tahoe/Suburban front end is the only new one I can't really object to. But wow, it still looks like a stretched Tahoe! Shocking.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Raghavan

Looks like a warmed over version of the current front.

ifcar

I think the proportions look better here, actually. The Tahoe looks somewhat scrunched, you see the agressive front end and then the rest of the car just stops.  

280Z Turbo

It's not ugly or good looking. It's just dull.

What about the Silverado/Sierra? They're still good trucks, but they're falling behind.

ifcar

I think they're slated for an 08 redesign on the GMT900 platform, probably with the same styling as their SUV cousins.  

footoflead

Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

SJ_GTI

Looks okay, but I just assumed it will be a LWB version of the Tahoe, which is what it looks likes. Wonder why they didn't just introduce them at once.

As for the current version...a former co-worker in NJ bought a Suburban over the summer and I saw it for the first time last week while I was home (had lunch). The interior actually looks pretty nice. I was expecting something pretty bad from the pics but in person it works rather well IMHO, even if it is a bit outdated.

Colonel Cadillac

I always thought the Suburban had better porportions than the Tahoe. It will remain true.  

280Z Turbo

QuoteI think they're slated for an 08 redesign on the GMT900 platform, probably with the same styling as their SUV cousins.
9 years is a long model run, even for a truck. If there's one thing GM does well, it's trucks. I don't know why they waited so long to redesign their main cash-cows.

mazda6er

QuoteI think they're slated for an 08 redesign on the GMT900 platform, probably with the same styling as their SUV cousins.
9 years is a long model run, even for a truck. If there's one thing GM does well, it's trucks. I don't know why they waited so long to redesign the trucks.
Because they're still selling.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

TBR

QuoteI always thought the Suburban had better porportions than the Tahoe. It will remain true.
I completely agree.

And, MTL, the GMT800s don't look nearly as good in black or tan with cloth as they do in grey with leather, what combo does your friend have?

giant_mtb

What's with the teeny-weeny wheels and the gigantic wheel-well gaps?  Gosh darn does misproportion make me angry...

SJ_GTI

QuoteI always thought the Suburban had better porportions than the Tahoe. It will remain true.
I completely agree.

And, MTL, the GMT800s don't look nearly as good in black or tan with cloth as they do in grey with leather, what combo does your friend have?
Hah, good guess. Its maroon exterior with a grey leather interior.  :P  

Colonel Cadillac

A friend of mine has a black Suburban with a tan interior, and I always thought it looked pretty good.  

280Z Turbo

QuoteWhat's with the teeny-weeny wheels and the gigantic wheel-well gaps?  Gosh darn does misproportion make me angry...
It's just a test mule.

Those look like wheels from the base model Silverado.

J86

Always been a huge Suburban fan for whatever reason...  I don't know why people bitched about the interior of that car.  I thought it was the most comfortable in its class, by far.  I also liked the way it looked (the ones around '01-'02, that gen/styling are my favorite).  Will have to see a new one on the road to comment, I ususally never like resdesigns at first and then they grow on me.  The one thing they could have changed off the old one to make it a lot better is that goddamned information center I hate that thing its so bright...

TBR

The Suburban's interior is one of the most comfortable, but only because it is the biggest by far (excluding the Excursion of course). Quality is way done compared to even the Sequioa and Expedition.

J86

I dunno man I just liked it better.  Staightforward, functional, and comfortable.  What else do you want out of a truck?  Ridden in 'em much?

ifcar

What's wrong with a hint of style, luxury, and build quality thrown in as long as it doesn't negatively affect those qualities?  

TBR

Yeah. The plastic is horrible, the ride is floaty, and the cloth is very cheap. Get the interior in gray with leather and it looks decent, otherwise it looks like total crap imho. That said, a Yukon XL is still my current large suv choice thanks to its size.

J86

QuoteWhat's wrong with a hint of style, luxury, and build quality thrown in as long as it doesn't negatively affect those qualities?
Nothing at all, I loved the exterior styling actually, and I just thought the interior was nice.  I dunno, it was basic I guess but everytime I get behind the wheel of the Suburban I never feel lacking.  I'd say my main criticism would stem from the kinda flimsy-feeling wheel and really artifically light steering, but that's kinda minor.  Honestly, loaded out I think it's plenty luxurious- ever driven in one for hours on end?  Feels great, better than the ML!  I dunno I guess I just liked it.

J86

QuoteYeah. The plastic is horrible, the ride is floaty, and the cloth is very cheap. Get the interior in gray with leather and it looks decent, otherwise it looks like total crap imho. That said, a Yukon XL is still my current large suv choice thanks to its size.
Plastic is horrible?  I didn't think so.  I regularly drive an 01 or 02 bus(Suburban) when home and my own car is a Honda Accord.  Plastics in the Chevy don't seem that bad at all, something I admit being plesantly surprised about.  I guess things like the center console could be tightened up a bit, maybe softer touch stuff in a few minor places but I feel like all of my criticisms just aren't that great.  I like having a dash that can wash down real easy, it's a bloody truck not a Mercedes!  I don't know the cloth at all, the one I drive is gold w/ tan leather.  I like the light interior, although the gold isn't my favorite exterior color, too common.  I like blue.  

Do you guys like barn doors?  I used to love them, I think they look really cool.  However, after driving one with them alot it is a complete pain in the ass!  Hides small cars completely- where the two doors meet is a pretty large blind spot.

TBR

It is a bloody truck with a $50k price tag, I expect plastics that are markedly better than those in a 12 year old Honda.

ifcar

I doubt it's $50K. Probably $40K-something sticker, $30k-something actual purchase price.

But your point stands.  

TBR

If it had leather its sticker was definitely over 40k. It is possible to get even a 2wd model to almost $50k.

ifcar

Of course it's possible. Not likely though.  

TBR

It's quite likely, these days people want sunroofs, heated seats, and rear entertainment systems.  

Secret Chimp

Suburbans are nice to ride in, though I don't get why anybody would choose to drive one aside from covered hauling requirements of some sort. A friend I used to know had an early 90s model (it had wheels likethis one) and it was pretty quiet and smooth. I remember getting picked up in it once when our Citation was sliding off the road from the ice after one visit; that is one advantage I can give heavy-as-hell SUVs - crushing traction the hell out of anything they want to.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.