The Pope's new car - an old Renault 4

Started by Morris Minor, September 12, 2013, 10:54:27 AM

Morris Minor

Bucking tradition, Pope Francis could soon be seen tooling around the Vatican in a vintage Renault 4.

The vehicle, still in working condition despite clocking 190,000 miles, was given to the new leader of the Catholic Church by Fr. Renzo Zocca, an elderly priest from the northern Italian city of Verona.

The car was used by Zocca to minister to a hardscrabble, working-class community, according to Vatican Insider. Indeed, it was the car's legacy of working with the poor that inspired Zocca to hand the keys over to the famously populist Pope Francis.

More
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/11/pope-francis-renault_n_3906445.html

⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

Laconian

Popelopnik! Cool choice of ride. I am liking the public face of Francis much more than Benedict, he seems like he practices what he preaches.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

cawimmer430

The Renault 4 is a legendary car in Europe (and elsewhere in the world). It always makes people smile and brings up fond memories at classic car events. Virtually "everyone" in Europe knows someone who had a Renault 4 and grew up with them - and the memories are always positive.

I'd love to shoot one for my portfolio.  :mrcool:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie