PICS! New Cadillac Escalade for 2015

Started by Atomic, September 14, 2013, 06:45:33 PM

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on October 10, 2013, 09:27:16 PM
And keep in mind, this vehicle is for black people and the BUY AMERICAN crowd. :lol:
I hope that Caddy comes with a power watermelon slicer because we all know Blacks wouldn't be caught dead in a full size Mercedes SUV or Range Rover............  :rolleyes:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

cawimmer430

Hey Vinsanity,

HOLY FWD OVERHANG, BATMAN!  :devil:

This actually looks very good inside and out. Will there also be a diesel version available or just the regular choices of a gas-guzzling V8 and a gas-guzzling hybrid?
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Vinsanity

getting real tired of your shit Wimmer

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on October 11, 2013, 06:50:52 PM
I hope that Caddy comes with a power watermelon slicer because we all know Blacks wouldn't be caught dead in a full size Mercedes SUV or Range Rover............  :rolleyes:

I think the OnStar button calls KFC. :lol:

2o6

280Z Turbo

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

68_427

Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

veeman

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on October 10, 2013, 11:40:06 PM
:lol:

You forgot upscale blonde suburban housewives....they're quite popular with that crowd.

definitely true.  i see a lot of these. 

i'd take it over most of the competitors in this price range that have 3 rows.  over the audi q7, lexus land cruiser equivalent, infiniti q56, and lincoln navigator.  i'd take the merc g class over the cadillac.  the lexus land cruiser equivalent is probably engineering wise a much better suv but it's very old in the tooth and no one takes these cars offroading outside of the middle east. 

12,000 RPM

Im not feeling this. I like the Range.

I wish there were more SUVs... honestly like the X6. These boxy things are boring as fuck and most folks buying these things don't need all the cargo room or passenger van seating capacity. Would be nice to see some alternatives, since SUVs are ubiquitous anyway.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

2o6

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 14, 2013, 09:00:31 AM

I wish there were more SUVs... honestly like the X6. These boxy things are boring as fuck and most folks buying these things don't need all the cargo room or passenger van seating capacity. Would be nice to see some alternatives, since SUVs are ubiquitous anyway.

- the X6 looks horrible

- they've only sold like two units

- ZDX was similar in concept, and it got slammed

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: 2o6 on October 14, 2013, 09:02:26 AM

- the X6 looks horrible

I agree; the X6 is one of the most hideous cars on the road and the ZDX is right up there with it. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Gotta-Qik-C7

They sell the SRX! And if you need something a lil larger the other divisions have plenty of alternatives.

Quote from: veeman on October 14, 2013, 08:36:21 AM
the lexus land cruiser equivalent is probably engineering wise a much better suv but it's very old in the tooth and no one takes these cars offroading outside of the middle east. 
I doubt it! Like you said it's long in the tooth and this SUV (GMC and Chevy) should be better in damn near every way.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: 2o6 on October 14, 2013, 09:02:26 AM

- the X6 looks horrible

Meh. These look boring, and they are selling enough X6s to make an X4. ZDX was slammed because it was ugly. I get that there is a market for these trucks, but with SUVs' ubiquity I think there is room for interesting looking luxury SUVs too.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

cawimmer430

What the new Escalade needs is a coupe version. Not every rapper travels with his homies, dawg!  :ohyeah:

So here's my vision of what an Escalade coupe could look like. Are you reading this, GM? And while you're at it, throw in a massive gas-guzzling V16 engine because a 6.0-L V8 is just lethargic and embarrassing.  :devil:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

cawimmer430

www.wimmerfotografie.de

TBR

Chevrolet tried the personal SUV back in the '90s..didn't do well:

veeman

Isn't the whole point of a coupe to lower the roofline and be able to create more of a fast back rear.  Makes the car look faster and more curvaceous.  Doesn't do anything for an SUV.

TurboDan

Wait, you're complaining that there aren't enough round-ish looking SUVs out there today?  :nutty:

cawimmer430

Quote from: TBR on October 18, 2013, 12:24:59 PM

Wow, I never even knew that thing existed!  :confused:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

68_427

There were lots of two door SUVs in the late 80's-mid 90's.
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 68_427 on October 19, 2013, 06:22:05 PM
There were lots of two door SUVs in the late 80's-mid 90's.
With the exception of the Suburban and a couple Jeeps they all were until the Explorer came out.......

93JC

Quote from: TBR on October 18, 2013, 12:24:59 PM

'90s?

93JC

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on October 19, 2013, 06:46:54 PM
With the exception of the Suburban and a couple Jeeps they all were until the Explorer came out.......

:nono:

The Explorer was late to the party. By the time it came out in 1990 all of its competitors offered four doors.

Galaxy

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 19, 2013, 03:54:57 PM

Neither did I. Of all the vehicles to be turned into two doors, full size SUVs would be at the bottom of my list. It just seems like an oxymoron.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 93JC on October 19, 2013, 08:15:41 PM
:nono:

The Explorer was late to the party. By the time it came out in 1990 all of its competitors offered four doors.
You're rite but I was commenting on SUVs that were out before the Explorer debut. The S10 Blazer didn't get 4 doors till '91, The Pathfinder got 4 doors in '90 and The 4Runner got four doors in '89.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: cawimmer430 on October 19, 2013, 03:54:57 PM
It debut as a Blazer but GM changed the name to Tahoe in the late 90s........

Catman

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Catman on October 21, 2013, 05:03:12 AM
The 2-door Explorer was awful.
And they had the nerve to sell a Mazda version..........  :facepalm: