Aw CRAP, Code P2402

Started by Byteme, September 15, 2013, 01:06:39 PM

Byteme

The check engine light came on in the Mazda 6.  Code P2402which is the "EVAP leak detection pump control circuit high".  Sounds like the most probable cause is a failed pump. 

It's always something isn't it.   :huh:  Well, it gives me something to do tomorrow since I don't have to go work or anything.  :lol:

FlatBlackCaddy

Trade it in for a new car, problem solved.

Secret Chimp

Quote from: MiataJohn on September 15, 2013, 01:06:39 PM
The check engine light came on in the Mazda 6.  Code P2402which is the "EVAP leak detection pump control circuit high".  Sounds like the most probable cause is a failed pump. 

It's always something isn't it.   :huh:  Well, it gives me something to do tomorrow since I don't have to go work or anything.  :lol:

Post #10 here is a pretty good breakdown of the possibilities: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123751196-P2402-EVAP-Detection-pump-circuit-high

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Byteme

Quote from: Secret Chimp on September 15, 2013, 01:30:59 PM
Post #10 here is a pretty good breakdown of the possibilities: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123751196-P2402-EVAP-Detection-pump-circuit-high

Thanks.  I'm going to crawl under the car tomorrow and start trouble shooting. 

hotrodalex

Trouble shooting is always relaxing. I find .12 gauges to work best.

TurboDan

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on September 15, 2013, 01:07:47 PM
Trade it in for a new car, problem solved.

Make sure to clear the code before bringing it to the dealership, though.  :ohyeah:

S204STi

Quote from: MiataJohn on September 15, 2013, 01:06:39 PM

Unscrew radiator cap, install new car.

Byteme

Quote from: S204STi on October 08, 2013, 07:41:31 AM
Unscrew radiator cap, install new car.

:lol:  I thought about that and actually went to look at the new Mazda 6.  But why get rid of an almost pristine 2007 I like (just 63,000 miles on this one) to avoid what at the most would be a $400 expense.  Anyway, I unhooked the battery and reconnected it half an hour later and the light has been off for a couple of weeks.   

Byteme

Quote from: TurboDan on October 08, 2013, 12:24:15 AM
Make sure to clear the code before bringing it to the dealership, though.  :ohyeah:
Excellent advice for sure.   ;)

Eye of the Tiger

The new Mazda 6 is so sexy looking, and you can get that awesome solar red coloure. Plus Skyactive and 40 mpg.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Byteme

Quote from: Eye of the Tiger on October 13, 2013, 08:52:56 AM
The new Mazda 6 is so sexy looking, and you can get that awesome solar red coloure. Plus Skyactive and 40 mpg.

I agree with the color.  If I were buying I'd get the Sport model with the 6 speed manual. 

We get 31 highway with the 07.  If we drove 10,000 highway miles only, each year we would use 250 gallons at 40 MPG and $322 at 31 MPG,   That's 72 gallons diference  year at say, $3.25 a gallon, which comes out to about $235 a year or less than $20 a month.  That in exchange for the net purchase price, an increase in insurance costs and an increase in personal property tax.  Financially that's a loser.  Plus, I really like my 07 6. it's been and is a very good car. 

The above, as we all know, is why high mileage electrics are such a hard sell withoug incentives and inducements to make the numbers work. 

Now if I totaled the 07 tomorrow3 I'd be down a the Mazda dealer's in a heartbeat.   :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: MiataJohn on October 13, 2013, 10:02:19 AM
I agree with the color.  If I were buying I'd get the Sport model with the 6 speed manual. 

We get 31 highway with the 07.  If we drove 10,000 highway miles only, each year we would use 250 gallons at 40 MPG and $322 at 31 MPG,   That's 72 gallons diference  year at say, $3.25 a gallon, which comes out to about $235 a year or less than $20 a month.  That in exchange for the net purchase price, an increase in insurance costs and an increase in personal property tax.  Financially that's a loser.  Plus, I really like my 07 6. it's been and is a very good car. 

The above, as we all know, is why high mileage electrics are such a hard sell withoug incentives and inducements to make the numbers work. 

Now if I totaled the 07 tomorrow3 I'd be down a the Mazda dealer's in a heartbeat.   :lol:

Well, you already get better highway mileage than my Accent.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)