pissed off italian guy destroys his bmw M6 with a sledge hammer

Started by veeman, September 17, 2013, 12:43:04 PM

veeman

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/bmw-m6-owner-goes-hulk-over-defects-smashes-163648995.html

i am way generalizing here, but from my very limited personal experience, customer service is not a strong point in italy nor much of the rest of southern europe.  it's not terrible but there is limited recourse if things are not to your liking. 

if being frustrated by automotive gremlins and dealerships is hard in the US, I could just imagine it in Italy.  The guy states it'll take "7" years for his case to be heard in court. 

what he did, to me, is actually pretty funny.  while not financially wise, this guy is so frustrated he's giving a middle finger to bmw for a lot of people to see.

FlatBlackCaddy

Kind of lame, they should have done a burnout in the street with the rev limiter banging away until the motor blew/tranny popped or tires were gone.

Raza

What's wrong with the car?  Other than the dents, of course.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

GoCougs

Jesus, buying German car in Italy? That cannot ever go well.

SVT666

That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen...you know, outside of a white guy following black hoodlums around a grocery store.

SVT666

Galaxy

Quote from: GoCougs on September 17, 2013, 02:11:22 PM
Jesus, buying German car in Italy? That cannot ever go well.

Fiat group (Alfa Romeo, Maserati, Lancia, Ferrari) only have 30.74% of the market in Italy if the numbers on wikipedia are accurate. The numbers are from 2006.

veeman

Quote from: SVT666 on September 17, 2013, 02:19:22 PM
Is it just me or did the owner just not seem that into it?

I think the owner was probably apprehensive about getting arrested by the police for making a disturbance, littering, etc. 

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Mustangfan2003