Audi Le Mans Coming as 2008 R8

Started by GMPenguin, November 15, 2005, 07:09:54 PM

GMPenguin

Click here for article.

The pics are pixelated, I know.  I'm still uploading now so I can't change them, but here are URLs to unpixelated ones.

'08 R8 spy pic (the maroon one)

Audi Le Mans (the blue one)

^_^

Raghavan

I think the marroon one is an A6...

GMPenguin

Raghavan

QuoteI believe it's just a body.
That's pretty strange then. Why take all that time to fabricate a fake body?

JYODER240

:sigh: :rolleyes:  
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raghavan

:sigh: :rolleyes:
? Just cover it in brown shit then.

Secret Chimp

I am honestly astounded at what an idiot you are.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Raghavan

QuoteI am honestly astounded at what an idiot you are.
Why? What'd i say?

mazda6er

Why? What'd i say?
Think about it. How difficult would it be to drop an A6 (mind you a car that already exists and is massed produced) shell over the chassis/powertrain/etc. of this prototype model?

Not only is it a quick and cheap alternative to actually developing a prototype body suitable for real-world testing, but it's also the perfect camo. It fooled you, and will fool a lot of other people too.

--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Raghavan

Why? What'd i say?
Think about it. How difficult would it be to drop an A6 (mind you a car that already exists and is massed produced) shell over the chassis/powertrain/etc. of this prototype model?

Not only is it a quick and cheap alternative to actually developing a prototype body suitable for real-world testing, but it's also the perfect camo. It fooled you, and will fool a lot of other people too.
But the chassis has different dimensions than the A6, so they'd have to custom make one.

Secret Chimp

Why? What'd i say?

But the chassis has different dimensions than the A6, so they'd have to custom make one.
Please, it makes sense. They did it. They wouldn't do it if it didn't make sense. You're trying to wrap your sandwich bag brain around an entire cake that would be better off with saran wrap.

giant_mtb

Why? What'd i say?

Please, it makes sense. They did it. They wouldn't do it if it didn't make sense. You're trying to wrap your sandwich bag brain around an entire cake that would be better off with saran wrap.
:blink: LOL

Raghavan

Why? What'd i say?

:blink: LOL
<_<
Chimp cant explain it either, so he resorts to dissing... <_<  

thewizard16

Geesh. Whether I agree with you people some of the time or not, you're heartless.  :blink:  :ph34r:  
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Raza

Fun fact for you to wrap your minds around...

The last generation A6 4.2 was physically larger than the A6 2.7T and 2.8/3.0
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

mazda6er

QuoteGeesh. Whether I agree with you people some of the time or not, you're heartless.  :blink:  :ph34r:
Hey, not me! I was just explaining.  :(  
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

Secret Chimp

QuoteGeesh. Whether I agree with you people some of the time or not, you're heartless.  :blink:  :ph34r:
I don't suffer fools very well.

mazda6er

QuoteGeesh. Whether I agree with you people some of the time or not, you're heartless.? :blink:? :ph34r:
How do you stomach yourself?!  :o
--Mark

Secret Chimp

QuoteGeesh. Whether I agree with you people some of the time or not, you're heartless.? :blink:? :ph34r:
If I'm a fool, Raghavan is my freaking boogers.

mazda6er

If I'm a fool, Raghavan is my freaking boogers.
That's not so bad. Given the choice between being you, or being your boogers, I'd take the boogers.  :praise:  :lol:  
--Mark

saxonyron

I hate to step right into a hornet's nest, but here are the facts according to www.Audiworld.com. Above is the most accurate version of the R8.  It's wheelbase, according to this article clip ("The car's proportions necessitated structural changes to the ASF used in the A8 luxury sedan. The wheelbase of the Nuvolari is over two inches shorter, its hood is shorter, and the rear end is more compact")  is about 113".  The A6 is 108.7"  No way they're gonna stick an A6 body onto an R8 chassis.  My guess is that some meathead at the car spy shot website mixed up pics of the upcoming RS6 (witness the camo on the fenders and trunk).  They already have plenty of R8 bodies lying around to build mules.  This has been in existence for at least 2 yrs now.  They have a) no need to heavily disguise a well known model and B) no need to (as Rags pointed out) cut, weld and stretch an A6 body.  I can't imagine that red A6 in the pic to be accurately labelled.  Rags, all is forgiven.  You may sit at the head of the class.  :lol:  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

And Raza, you're right - the 4.2 had fender flares and a different front and rear fascia.  Wheelbase was 2" longer, track 1.5" wider (but overall width was 4.8" wider, mostly thanks to the fender flares), and overall length was 1.4" longer.  However, it was still the same chassis.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

Raghavan

I hate to step right into a hornet's nest, but here are the facts according to www.Audiworld.com. Above is the most accurate version of the R8.  It's wheelbase, according to this article clip ("The car's proportions necessitated structural changes to the ASF used in the A8 luxury sedan. The wheelbase of the Nuvolari is over two inches shorter, its hood is shorter, and the rear end is more compact")  is about 113".  The A6 is 108.7"  No way they're gonna stick an A6 body onto an R8 chassis.  My guess is that some meathead at the car spy shot website mixed up pics of the upcoming RS6 (witness the camo on the fenders and trunk).  They already have plenty of R8 bodies lying around to build mules.  This has been in existence for at least 2 yrs now.  They have a) no need to heavily disguise a well known model and B) no need to (as Rags pointed out) cut, weld and stretch an A6 body.  I can't imagine that red A6 in the pic to be accurately labelled.  Rags, all is forgiven.  You may sit at the head of the class.  :lol:
Thank you Sax! I was trying to say just that. I think Chimp just got his ass thoroughly whooped! :lol:  :praise:  

saxonyron

QuoteThank you Sax! I was trying to say just that. I think Chimp just got his ass thoroughly whooped! :lol:  :praise:
Hey, I'm neutral here!  No ass-whooping intended.  I'm merely trying to set the record straight.  I'm working for truth and righteousness!  B)

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

Raghavan

QuoteThank you Sax! I was trying to say just that. I think Chimp just got his ass thoroughly whooped! :lol:? :praise:
Hey, I'm neutral here!  No ass-whooping intended.  I'm merely trying to set the record straight.  I'm working for truth and righteousness!  B)
Let's just say that while you were setting the record straight, you (and partially I) whooped Chimp's ass. :praise:
He deserved it too.

Secret Chimp

I would really be less proud of textual discussions on the freaking internet  :rolleyes:  

Raghavan

QuoteI would really be less proud of textual discussions on the freaking internet  :rolleyes:
It makes me a bit proud when someone comes and totally kicks your ass after you flame ME. :rolleyes:  

Secret Chimp

QuoteI would really be less proud of textual discussions on the freaking internet  :rolleyes:
It makes me a bit proud when someone comes and totally kicks your ass after you flame ME. :rolleyes:
I haven't established a reputation as a dunderhead, nor do I revel in the outcomes of textual exchanges on the internet as "ass-kickings."

saxonyron

Now Rags, you gotta stop calling this an "ass kicking".  I was just setting the record straight.  I have nothing against Secret Chimp or you.  Obviously you two have something against each other, and that's all well and good.  I wish you both luck on your mutual smear campaign!  (j/k! :lol: )

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

SJ_GTI

I have to say digging through all this bickering in practically every thread is annoying. If you guys wants to argue why dont you take it into PM's? Its almost as bad as Ifcar and his constant anti-Audi rants.

Anyway sax thanks for clearing it up. When I saw the picture I figured they probably mis-labeled an S6/RS6.