2015 Mustang Conceptualized Below is Said to Look Like "The Real Thing"

Started by Atomic, October 15, 2013, 01:47:35 PM

Atomic

UPDATED WITH NEW IMAGES AND TEXT: Monday, November 11, 2013... Tom (See 11/11/2013 Entry)

Not my words... still studying the rendering (below) and trying to recall the Evos concept that I promise to locate and add here* for reference. How soon we forget  :confused: Atomic

*NOTE: See Evos concept to trigger your memory with photo, plus text link added below on 10/16/2013

Renderings Hint at 2015 Ford Mustang Appearance: Hate the Evos concept? You'll love this...

By: Graham Kozak on 10/15/2013

For: AutoWeek

We're still waiting to see what the 2015 Ford Mustang will look like. Spy shots only offer glimpses of undisguised sheet-metal between pieces of heavy camouflage, so until the debut, this set of renderings that appeared on Mustang enthusiast forum Mustang6G.com is the next best thing to an official reveal.

Mustang6G forum member chazcron is responsible for the images, which are said to have been built from the growing number of Mustang spy shots circulating the Web.

The wide, horizontally divided grille we saw up close a few weeks ago is there, but the swoopiness of the Evos concept has largely been banished in favor of clean, straight horizontal lines. The large front and rear overhangs we spied previously have also evaporated, though they were likely a function of Ford's aggressive camouflage in the first place. Fans of the three-bar taillights will be delighted to know that they aren't going anywhere -- and the new 'Stang seems to wear them well.

According to Mustang6G forum administrator JarStang, "One design feature that is new to Mustangs and not yet reflected in this model is a shallow double-bubble roof that would only be slightly visible from these angles. This will be shown on renders to come."

We're eager to see more renderings as they come out, and -- of course -- we can't wait to compare them to the actual vehicle when it does break cover, possibly later this year.

In the mean time, head to the Mustang6G forum thread for a few more renders and some intense 2015 Mustang discussion and speculation.

SVT666

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

MX793

Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

12,000 RPM

SVT666

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on October 15, 2013, 02:48:47 PM
And you know this how...????
It doesn't even have the same shape as the camo'd test mules...and it looks more 240SX than Mustang.

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

FlatBlackCaddy

Secret Chimp

That "rendering" looks like ass and is probably nowhere near what it actually looks like.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Vinsanity

yeah it's not as aggressive-looking as the current Mustang, but I can be cool with it as long as the new suspension is well-sorted, and its weight loss translates to an enhanced driving experience.

apparently, this rendering is of the base model, but it doesn't look quite right without that crease behind the door hinting at a faux side-scoop.

GoCougs

If that's it, I think Ford will have another Taurus on its hands.

SVT666

Vinsanity

Atomic

Quote from: SVT666 on October 15, 2013, 02:27:25 PM
That is not what the new one will look like.  Period.

Here is Ford's Take with its Evos Concept...

Link: http://www.ecofriend.com/ford-evos-coupe-making-frankfurt-motor-show.html

Atomic

Both Cars Side-by-Side

Ford's Very Own Evos Concept Providing Hint at MY15 Mustang Design Theme, Above AND Avid Mustang Enthusiast's Renderings of Upcoming 2015 'stang from His Hard Studying of Countless Spy Shots, Below

NOTE: See Link for Written Text on Evos in Thread Entry Directly Above... Tom

SVT666

Insiders have said it's a near body double for the Evos.  That picture looks nothing like the Evos.

GoCougs

Evos is an obvious harkening to the Camaro's high belt line armored car look (I too doubt that that is what it will look like).

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on October 16, 2013, 10:08:42 AM
Evos is an obvious harkening to the Camaro's high belt line armored car look (I too doubt that that is what it will look like).
It doesn't harken to anything Camaro.   :nutty:

The car will look more like this rendering than anything shown in this thread so far:

FoMoJo

Quote from: SVT666 on October 16, 2013, 10:17:21 AM

The car will look more like this rendering than anything shown in this thread so far:

I like that.
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

SVT666

This is my favourite rendering so far:

If the car comes out looking like this, then I will be waiting an extra 3 years to buy my next car.

Raza

My prediction for this Mustang: when it comes out, I will hate it, and then in 2-3 years, I'll like it.  Happened with the last two Mustang designs.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

GoCougs

They're gonna have to get away from the reto theme, esp. in the interior.

SVT666

Ford's all-new 2015 Mustang is nearly here – the Dearborn-based automaker announced via invites this week that it will unveil the redone pony car at a press event next week.

The 2015 Mustang will be the first all-new version of the pony car since the introduction of the 2005 model. The 2015 update will bring a host of changes, such as a lighter curb weight, more modern styling and an independent rear suspension.

Unfortunately for the general public, the press event will be under a strict embargo, meaning most people will have to wait to see the car until its official unveiling in December. However, embargoes aren't always iron-clad, so it's possible images and details could leak out early.

While we'll have to wait for to see for sure, the 2015 is said to be styled after the Evos concept with a few historical design cues tied in. We've also heard that an EcoBoost four-cylinder with around 350 horsepower will be offered as a step-up to the car's standard 3.7L V6. A 5.0L V8 with 450 horsepower will also be on offer.

Ford will officially lift the veil on the 2015 Mustang in December, with its first public appearance scheduled for the 2014 Detroit auto show. The 2015 Ford Mustang will arrive in dealer showrooms next summer.

GoCougs

This will be interesting. I'm predicting a dead cat bounce unfortunately. Ford just hasn't pulled off a new car well in quite some time.

SVT666

Quote from: GoCougs on October 17, 2013, 10:22:20 PM
This will be interesting. I'm predicting a dead cat bounce unfortunately. Ford just hasn't pulled off a new car well in quite some time.
Haters gonna hate.

Ford's new cars have all drastically increased sales and landed them at or near the top in sales in their respective categories.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: GoCougs on October 17, 2013, 10:22:20 PM
You almost had me  :clap:

Byteme

Quote from: GoCougs on October 15, 2013, 10:17:42 PM
If that's it, I think Ford will have another Taurus on its hands.

86 Taurus was a game changer and for several year the Taurus was the best selling car in the US. 

Byteme

Quote from: SVT666 on October 16, 2013, 10:17:21 AM

Well neither that picture nor the one Atomic posted looks as cartoonish as the competitor's offerings, so that's a plus.   :ohyeah: