2015 Mustang Conceptualized Below is Said to Look Like "The Real Thing"

Started by Atomic, October 15, 2013, 01:47:35 PM

12,000 RPM

Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

GoCougs

Wow, about as "all-new" as the recent non "all new" Camry and Accord, which means it's really not - and absolutely nothing like the far more modern-looking fanboy renderings. Very anticlimactic, though I'm sure it will be a better car what with IRS finally.

Atomic

AND THERE IS EVEN MORE

^Reference (Both Renderings, Above)

2015 Ford Mustang 3D Renders Allegedly Made from Official CAD Images [Updated]*

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2013 CATEGORIES:
FORD, FORD MUSTANG, FORD SCOOPS, SCOOPS[/b

As one of the oldest and most popular sports car nameplates in America, the Ford Mustang captures the imagination of just about everyone, so it comes as no surprise that there's a lot of interest in every new generation - even more so when the new model promises to redefine the genre and become a global vehicle.

By now, with so many scoop shots and renderings (including our own that was created based on information sourced from people who actually saw the car), you should have a pretty good idea of what the 2015 Mustang will look like. If you don't, here's one more set of 3D computer images for your viewing pleasure.

They are sourced from Mustang6g, which states that, they were created "from CAD images of the actual production car - which can't themselves be posted for obvious reasons".

The same site says that, according to "multiple inside sources", Ford may not wait until next year for the Mustang's 50th anniversary to show the car, providing us a first look as early as this December.

Update: New CAD photos of the 2015 Mustang Coupe have been added to to the image gallery below.

*CarScoops
Photo Credits: mustang6g

Mustangfan2003

The Ford FB page says the car will be revealed on December 5th.  Maybe we will get a leak sometime between now and then. 

Raza

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on November 19, 2013, 01:31:39 PM
The Ford FB page says the car will be reviled on December 5th.  Maybe we will get a leak sometime between now and then.

Freudian slip?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

MX793

Quote from: SVT666 on November 29, 2013, 11:47:48 AM
This car will likely be awesome, but the styling will suck.

If the press reports are right, we should know by the end of next week.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

MrH

Back end of those renderings is supposed to be all off.

It's supposed to debut on December 5th, on Good Morning America of all places :wtf:  Everything I've heard so far on the tech specs...dear god :mask:  This is the biggest release for the enthusiast crowd since the BRZ/FR-S. 
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

SVT666

I don't like the cut off nose.  It looks too much like a Fusion Coupe instead of a Mustang.  The Mustang should be one of those cars that doesn't have to conform to the corporate design language.  Performance wise is likely going to be a monster, but styling wise I'm preparing myself to hate it. 

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: MrH on November 30, 2013, 08:04:25 PM
Back end of those renderings is supposed to be all off.

It's supposed to debut on December 5th, on Good Morning America of all places :wtf:  Everything I've heard so far on the tech specs...dear god :mask:  This is the biggest release for the enthusiast crowd since the BRZ/FR-S.

For the last redesign I think they showed it on Speed Channel, which we no longer have. 

Mustangfan2003

Autoweek leaks.  I like the front but I don't know about the rear

Mustangfan2003

What is known so far

• Independent Rear Suspension, obviously

• 200-pound weight reduction over the outgoing Mustang, thanks in part to aluminum front fenders

• Two GT Performance Packs, one for the 2.3 Ecoboost and another for the 5.0 V8, includes limited-slip diff; V8 PP cars get 15-inch Brembos with six-pot calipers

• Ford says GT PP faster on track than 2012 Boss

• Standard keyless entry, meaning all cars get a proximity key

• At least some versions have MyFord Touch, but with physical knobs and buttons for HVAC functions

• 10% of production is expected to end up overseas, but Canada will remain second largest market for it

Galaxy

I think those 3D rear lights is something that really needs to be seen in real life to be evaluated.

GoCougs

200 lb reduction? Fenders don't weigh more than 20-30 lbs each though.

Given that the new car is effectively the same size (and probably still riding on the D2C chassis) and has the same engines, removing 200 lbs is a huge $$$ task.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: GoCougs on December 03, 2013, 12:27:39 PM

Given that the new car is effectively the same size (and probably still riding on the D2C chassis) and has the same engines, removing 200 lbs is a huge $$$ task.
Old one has its roots in the model that came out in 2005 which was really ripped off of the LS. So that was kind of a 15 year old design. Metallurgy and other stuff relating to weight reduction has moved on quite a bit since then. Plus the current Mustang was pretty damn dense/space inefficient. 200lb is kind of a stretch but it's possible.

Mustangfan2003

The introduction of an independent rear suspension, not seen in Mustangdom outside of the 1999–2004 SVT Cobra, will improve handling, ride comfort, and packaging. This should address some key Mustang criticisms and lend it credibility when taking on its European contemporaries in markets where the pony-car genre isn't sustained by nostalgia and cheap fuel, as it is here. A new platform—code-named "S550"—will underpin this new Mustang, and through that architecture, Ford is expecting to shed some 200 pounds from the current car's roughly 3500-pound curb weight

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2015-ford-mustang-leaked-360-view-and-full-details-news

And if I'm not mistaken the new car will be smaller. 

12,000 RPM

IDK dudes. If this thing can fit a baby seat, my next ride might be a new Mustang.

SVT666

I don't think a child will even have enough head room in the back seat.

SVT666

S550 is a new platform.

SVT666

I have to wait and see better pictures.  So far, I'm not overly impressed.

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 03, 2013, 12:46:31 PM
IDK dudes. If this thing can fit a baby seat, my next ride might be a new Mustang.

I doubt an infant seat will fit (unless you want the front seat pushed into the dash) but a toddler one likely will. 

SVT666

Quote from: Mustangfan2003 on December 03, 2013, 12:55:47 PM
I doubt an infant seat will fit (unless you want the front seat pushed into the dash) but a toddler one likely will.
I can guarantee it.  That's why I sold my Mustang.  The car seat wouldn't fit.

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: SVT666 on December 03, 2013, 01:00:14 PM
I can guarantee it.  That's why I sold my Mustang.  The car seat wouldn't fit.

When my sister was born in 95 my mom had a 2 door Grand Am.  The seat would fit but when you folded the front seats you didn't really get much room to take the carrier in and out. 

ChrisV

Hmm, photos of poorly lit photos on a magazine page, laid down at an angle. Yup, definitely have to reserve judgement until seen in either better photos or in real life. I have this feeling that modded ones will be spectacular and that SEMA next year will be full of them.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

mzziaz

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 03, 2013, 12:46:31 PM

Wait, have you knocked up wifey?
Cuore Sportivo

Mustangfan2003

I also would like to see some new colors.  I hope that Grabber Blue and Gotta Have It Green still carry over but I got a feeling darker colors will fit this car better. 

SVT666

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 03, 2013, 12:32:22 PM
Old one has its roots in the model that came out in 2005 which was really ripped off of the LS. So that was kind of a 15 year old design. Metallurgy and other stuff relating to weight reduction has moved on quite a bit since then. Plus the current Mustang was pretty damn dense/space inefficient. 200lb is kind of a stretch but it's possible.
The DC2 shared a handful of pieces with the Lincoln LS, "These components include the floor pans, portions of the transmission tunnel, the front frame rails, and basic fuel tank design". 

12,000 RPM

Quote from: mzziaz on December 03, 2013, 01:34:25 PM
Wait, have you knocked up wifey?
Hell no!!!!

But when that happens I will need something I can carry an infant in. Most likely a 335i or the G37.

Mustangfan2003

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 03, 2013, 02:20:27 PM
Hell no!!!!

But when that happens I will need something I can carry an infant in. Most likely a 335i or the G37.

Sidecar for the Ninja. 

SVT666

Quote from: 12,000 RPM on December 03, 2013, 02:20:27 PM
Hell no!!!!

Do yourself a favour and get a 4 door.