Driver Avoids Speeding Ticket With A Rev Of His Engine

Started by cawimmer430, December 03, 2013, 03:37:39 AM

cawimmer430

Now that's what I call a "Merry Christmas".  :thumbsup:

Driver Avoids Speeding Ticket With A Rev Of His Engine

A rev from the engine and the ticket disappeared.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvQbX9zBzgQ

This car is so cool it freezes speeding tickets in their tracks.

According to The Daily Mirror, a cop caught a Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG driver speeding on Thanksgiving Day. The exchange between cop and driver was recorded by the vehicle's passenger. While writing up a ticket the officer started asking about the supercharged car.

The driver talked up his burly $100,000 SUV and gave the cop a rev of the eight cylinder, 500-horsepower engine. The cop smiled wide and gave the driver a lighthearted warning against speeding, the ticket totally forgotten, but not before noting that he could never afford such a ride.

Link: http://autos.aol.com/article/driver-avoids-speeding-ticket-rev-engine/
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

dazzleman

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

MX793

Quote from: dazzleman on January 03, 2014, 09:59:20 AM
I tried this.  It didn't work for me.... :lol:

That's because you didn't have a V8.  Shoulda bought the S6.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

dazzleman

Quote from: MX793 on January 03, 2014, 10:31:23 AM
That's because you didn't have a V8.  Shoulda bought the S6.

Damn, you guys are never going to let go of this!  You're like dogs with a bone.  :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

FlatBlackCaddy

Sadly, the cop will get in trouble over this.

His masters will not be happy at the lost revenue or the "human" like behavior of their revenue droid.

If he get's fired, I hope that dude steps up and does give him a job.

dazzleman

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on January 03, 2014, 06:22:07 PM
Sadly, the cop will get in trouble over this.

His masters will not be happy at the lost revenue or the "human" like behavior of their revenue droid.

If he get's fired, I hope that dude steps up and does give him a job.

That cop reminds me of the one who gave me my last speeding ticket in May.  I got nailed as part of a whole speed detail, so I'm sure his boss was there and he had to write to ticket.  But he put my speed way down, to only 10 over when I was doing almost 25 over.  He all but told me that if I went to court, he'd "forget" the details of the encounter and I'd get off.  I got a strong sense that if he'd been out patrolling on his own, rather than as part of a whole speed enforcement detail, he would have let me off with a warning.  Some cops are pretty cool guys, just like anybody else, but they have a job to do that we don't always like.  If you talk to them nicely and treat them like humans, rather than act hostile, it will bring good results with at least some of them.

bing_oh

:facepalm: There are parts of the interaction that some departments might not consider "professional" and get him in a bind. Don't post this shit online. He cut the guy a break...say thanks and move on.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: bing_oh on January 03, 2014, 09:37:49 PM
:facepalm: There are parts of the interaction that some departments might not consider "professional" and get him in a bind. Don't post this shit online. He cut the guy a break...say thanks and move on.

Ya, the guy in the benz really kind of threw him under the bus(possibly). Sad considering how nice he was to him. Should have just let it be and deleted the video.

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA