My New Audi A6

Started by dazzleman, December 28, 2013, 01:32:12 PM

dazzleman

I picked up the Audi A6 today.  That thing is sweet.  I love it so far.  Here are some initial pictures.

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

SJ_GTI

Very nice! Didn't realize you were shopping.

Love the brown leather interior. Looks great with the black exterior.

ifcar

3.0L V6

Well done, sir.

After the break-in period, I hope to see a picture of that speedometer at 100+ mph. For scientific purposes, of course - verifying the stability at high speeds is an important safety concern.

Vinsanity

A7's will always be the proper car for the stylish gentleman, but A6's are fine cars as well

I do love that brown interior, too

MexicoCityM3

Congrats Dave, too bad you are leaving BMW but in this case I think you got the better car.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

CALL_911

Beautiful car, Dave. I hope it serves you well.

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on December 28, 2013, 02:23:57 PM
Congrats Dave, too bad you are leaving BMW but in this case I think you got the better car.

Makes me sad that the 5er is so, uh, lame these days

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Colin

Very nice.

Interesting to note the "Supercharged" badges...... mine proclaims itself to be "V6T" on the front wings, whereas it is of course also endowed with the wondrous supercharger engine.

giant_mtb

Awesome. Good choice on the brown leather...looks good. Congrats!!

Oh, and uhhh...keep it clean...? ;)

dazzleman

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on December 28, 2013, 02:23:57 PM

The Audi definitely has more of an edge to it than the BMW.  It begs you to drive it fast and really gets the blood flowing.  The BMW was fine when I test drove it, but the Audi put me into high gear.  It was a gut decision, not a scientific one.  This Audi reminds me of my first (2001) BMW.  That one gave a similar feeling.  Since then, the 5er has become a bit more matronly, with a fatter look and not as much fun to drive.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

dazzleman

Quote from: giant_mtb on December 28, 2013, 02:53:52 PM
Awesome. Good choice on the brown leather...looks good. Congrats!!

Oh, and uhhh...keep it clean...? ;)

Can I hire you to clean it?  ;)

dazzleman

Quote from: Colin on December 28, 2013, 02:38:57 PM
Very nice.

Interesting to note the "Supercharged" badges...... mine proclaims itself to be "V6T" on the front wings, whereas it is of course also endowed with the wondrous supercharger engine.

I love the Supercharged badge.  It looks pretty badass.

dazzleman

Quote from: CALL_911 on December 28, 2013, 02:29:50 PM
Beautiful car, Dave. I hope it serves you well.

Makes me sad that the 5er is so, uh, lame these days

It's evolving into an older person's car, the way Mercedes has.  It's a bit more stodgy, whereas the Audi seems more edgy.  That's what I wanted.

dazzleman

Quote from: 3.0L V6 on December 28, 2013, 02:08:56 PM
Well done, sir.

After the break-in period, I hope to see a picture of that speedometer at 100+ mph. For scientific purposes, of course - verifying the stability at high speeds is an important safety concern.

There is no break-in period.  I had it up to 88 mph today but the traffic was too heavy to do more.

I don't know if I'll be taking a picture at 100 mph.  We'll see if I can pull it off safely.

dazzleman

Quote from: SJ_GTI on December 28, 2013, 01:41:01 PM
Very nice! Didn't realize you were shopping.

Love the brown leather interior. Looks great with the black exterior.

The exterior is actually moonlight blue.  It looks pretty dark, but when you see it next to black, you can tell the difference.

I love the brown interior also.  It's different.

dazzleman

Quote from: Vinsanity on December 28, 2013, 02:19:33 PM
A7's will always be the proper car for the stylish gentleman, but A6's are fine cars as well

I do love that brown interior, too

:lol:
I'm not that stylish nor am I a gentleman..... :evildude:

MrH

Looks great Dave! Good call on the brown interior.

Amazing how fast you were able to get the S6 badges and silver mirrors off, and those A6 stock wheels on!  That's one hell of a sleeper. :lol:
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
2019 Acura RDX SH-AWD
2023 BRZ Limited

Previous: '02 Mazda Protege5, '08 Mazda Miata, '05 Toyota Tacoma, '09 Honda Element, '13 Subaru BRZ, '14 Hyundai Genesis R-Spec 5.0, '15 Toyota 4Runner SR5, '18 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0t, '01 Honda S2000, '20 Subaru Outback XT, '23 Chevy Bolt EUV

dazzleman

Quote from: MrH on December 28, 2013, 03:22:04 PM
Looks great Dave! Good call on the brown interior.

Amazing how fast you were able to get the S6 badges and silver mirrors off, and those A6 stock wheels on!  That's one hell of a sleeper. :lol:

Mustangfan2003

The car looks dazzling. 

Onslaught

Nice looking VW you've go there Mr. Hoity Toity. I'm going to use that picture from your GPS to find your house and come by and give you a little gift one day.
I can't stand working on Audi or VW's but they do make some fine looking cars and some crank spanking interiors. And if I never had to do anything to one
I'd like to own the coupe they make.

If I was rich like you.

Vinsanity

Quote from: dazzleman on December 28, 2013, 03:14:20 PM
I'm not that stylish nor am I a gentleman..... :evildude:

stop ruining my mental projection of "Internet Dave"

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

saxonyron

Quote from: dazzleman on December 28, 2013, 03:13:50 PM
The exterior is actually moonlight blue.  It looks pretty dark, but when you see it next to black, you can tell the difference.

I love the brown interior also.  It's different.

Well done Dave!  I'm flattered that you not only came over to Audi, but you bought almost my exact car.  Imitation is the best form of flattery, they say. :devil:  After 8 months and putting almost 20,000 miles on it, it still impresses me and I have zero regrets.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

saxonyron

Quote from: 3.0L V6 on December 28, 2013, 02:08:56 PM
Well done, sir.

It'll look something like this :lol:

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

FlatBlackCaddy

You bought an audi huh, well better luck next time.

GoCougs

Awesome. Audi is making some fine iron these days. Like the brown seats. If I had to replace the G37 today, it'd be an S4 or A7. The A6 has some fantastic wheel options...

They've apparently added the optional S4 wheels to the A6 option list:

I also like these wheels too:

dazzleman

Quote from: saxonyron on December 28, 2013, 07:57:26 PM
It'll look something like this :lol:

I'm sending this picture to Officer Dumpy.

dazzleman

Quote from: Onslaught on December 28, 2013, 04:58:47 PM
Nice looking VW you've go there Mr. Hoity Toity. I'm going to use that picture from your GPS to find your house and come by and give you a little gift one day.
I can't stand working on Audi or VW's but they do make some fine looking cars and some crank spanking . And if I never had to do anything to one
I'd like to own the coupe they make.

If I was rich like you.
Bring it on, man!  :rockon:

saxonyron

Quote from: dazzleman on December 28, 2013, 09:10:03 PM
I'm sending this picture to Officer Dumpy.

:lol:  He'd be so proud of me!  I just noticed, at 103, the A6 is barely halfway to redline.  It's not even working hard at this point.  Let me know the RPM's when the speed limiter kicks in, will ya?  I need you to do that since I'm not willing to max out around here, especially with Dumpy on my tail.

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           

-- Ronald Reagan

Secret Chimp

Oh man that must smell so good...

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.