Spy Shots: 07 Freelander

Started by ifcar, November 21, 2005, 03:40:56 AM

Raza

I was about to say "I see a lot of Land Rover styling cues" since I was thinking of the Freestyle.  Ha.

But, it looks good so far.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

Secret Chimp

I doubt this thing is ever going to do anything but underwhelm me. Only slightly above the Escape on the boring meter.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

BMWDave

The front looks good, but the side is very bland.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

93JC

Looks like an Escape/Mariner/Tribute to me.

Dave, any word on whether it is an Escape/Mariner/Tribute?

BMWDave

QuoteLooks like an Escape/Mariner/Tribute to me.

Nope, it isnt those, I believe there has been rumor it might be built on Ford's CD1 platform (Mazda3, Volvo S40, IIRC).  I sure hope not.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

mazda6er

Nope, it isnt those, I believe there has been rumor it might be built on Ford's CD1 platform (Mazda3, Volvo S40, IIRC).  I sure hope not.
Why not? Those are good cars. Not the greatest for off-road though...yeah, I get it now.
--Mark
Quote from: R-inge on March 26, 2007, 06:26:46 PMMy dad used to rent Samurai.  He loves them good.

Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club | Official Spokesman of the"I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club
I had myself fooled into needing you, did I fool you too? -- Barenaked Ladies | Say it ain't so...your drug is a heart breaker -- Weezer

MX793

Not the C1, but rather the EUCD, which is derived from the C1.  The next Tribute/Escape is also supposed to be based on this platform as well as a slew of other cars (the next S60 and Mondeo among them).

And if you think this is a bad thing, keep this in mind:  The D2C platform that underpins the new Mustang was also derived from the C1 platform.  The platform could prove to be pretty versatile.

Or so claims Wikipedia.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

TBR

The Mustang's platform is based on DEW98, it has nothing to do with the C1.

J86

Wondering: when a car is based off of a platform, what does that acutally mean?  How many parts are actually shared?  It seems like extremely diverse vehicles share platforms, at least on paper.  What does this mean in reality?

MX793

QuoteThe Mustang's platform is based on DEW98, it has nothing to do with the C1.
Nope.  Ford was originally going to use a version of the DEW98 but it proved to be too costly, so they went with a totally different platform.  The suspension in the DEW uses independant double wishbones all the way around while the Mustang's front suspension is identical to that used in the C1 cars (same high mounted McPherson struts and lower wishbones) and the rear trailing arm is supposedly the same as that used in the C1 as well.  It's not really C1 based, as it's really its own platform, but it borrows more from the C1 architecture than it does the DEW.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5