Your favorite - Supercar

Started by 2o6, February 04, 2014, 12:09:58 PM

2o6

I think I may have done this before.....but what is yours?

2o6

This started my love affair with cars.

Jaguar XJ220

I loved the smooth ovoid shape, and the fact it had a V6 rather than a big V8+ engine.

Eye of the Tiger

Does Ford Falcon turbo Ute count?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Byteme

Ford GT 40 or Fort GT.  I'd take either. 

SVT666

Laconian

The Countach. I was a sci-fi geek before I got into cars. The Countach looked like a roadgoing spaceship.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

NomisR

McLaren F1 and the Pagani Zonda.  Both cars still looks good even though they were designed over 10 years ago.

Onslaught

Looks- Miura

The one I'd like to drive the most? F-40

Gotta-Qik-C7

The Countach started it and Lamborghini still builds my favorite Supercar ~ The Adventador.....
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

2o6

CALL_911

I hate this question, because I don't know where to start. I think my favorite modern supercar would be the Lexus LFA. I have a thing for the F40 as well, and I can't ignore the Carrera GT.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

veeman

Nissan GT-R.

As a watch analogy, its like the seiko spring drive.  Incredible engineering in a class of its own. 

A surgical scalpel among kitchen knives. 

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

SVT_Power

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 04, 2014, 05:39:13 PM
I hate this question, because I don't know where to start. I think my favorite modern supercar would be the Lexus LFA. I have a thing for the F40 as well, and I can't ignore the Carrera GT.

Yes.
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raza

Quote from: Laconian on February 04, 2014, 04:41:23 PM
The Countach. I was a sci-fi geek before I got into cars. The Countach looked like a roadgoing spaceship.

Before and after!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: CALL_911 on February 04, 2014, 05:39:13 PM

I agree with you.  It's quite difficult to choose one and my opinion changes all the time.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

Mine is a tie between the McLaren F1 and XJ220, with an honorable mention to the Carrera GT.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

FoMoJo

Perhaps not considered a supercar by today's standard, this has always appealed to me.  The opening sequence to 'The Prisoner' featured it.

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

Raza

Quote from: FoMoJo on February 05, 2014, 10:39:09 AM
Perhaps not considered a supercar by today's standard, this has always appealed to me.  The opening sequence to 'The Prisoner' featured it.

That was a fantastic show. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tave

Quote from: FoMoJo on February 05, 2014, 10:39:09 AM

If we expand the definition to include pre-Miura hi-po sports cars my pick would be the XK120.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: 2o6 on February 04, 2014, 12:11:14 PM
This started my love affair with cars.

Jaguar XJ220

I loved the smooth ovoid shape, and the fact it had a V6 rather than a big V8+ engine.
I know I'm in the minority but I think that thing is butt ugly.........
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Tave

Quote from: Gotta-Qik-G8 on February 05, 2014, 03:03:18 PM
I know I'm in the minority but I think that thing is butt ugly.........

I picked it and even I'll admit it's an acquired taste. :lol:

FoMoJo

Quote from: Tave on February 05, 2014, 12:19:45 PM
If we expand the definition to include pre-Miura hi-po sports cars my pick would be the XK120.
I was considering it...it was a supercar of the time.  Drop dead gorgeous, though I would go for the XK 140...same style but more umph.  However, the Type D would certainly be considered a supercar...

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

I guess back in the day THIS was a sort of "supercar / exotic".  :wub:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

2o6

SJ_GTI

Not really a fan of classic supercars.

Favorite recent supercar is probably the Gallardo, but i am sure that will change in the future.

Tave

Quote from: FoMoJo on February 05, 2014, 03:27:19 PM
I was considering it...it was a supercar of the time.  Drop dead gorgeous, though I would go for the XK 140...same style but more umph.  However, the Type D would certainly be considered a supercar...

Oooooo!, the C-Type was a sexy beast as well:

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

SVT666