Official Pics: 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe

Started by ifcar, November 23, 2005, 04:51:41 AM

ifcar

Hyundai HQ in South Korea has released the first photos of the new Santa Fe online at its Korean-language Web site. The new Santa Fe hasn't yet been shown for U.S. journalists or shoppers, and as such, there's precious little information about the new SUV available. Based on information from our spy-shot photographers, the Santa Fe will be outfitted with the 263-hp V-6 from the Azera as well as a five-speed automatic transmission; a third-row seat will be available, as will all-wheel drive, when the Santa Fe enters production early next year at the new Hyundai plant in Montgomery, Ala.

SVT666

Not bad, but it kinda looks like a cross between the Rav4 and the Infinity FX.  I liked that Hyundai's SUV's didn't look like anything else on the road...now they do.

TBR

Very nice, much better than the current  car. I just hope they can keep the pounds off, I really don't want to listen to Toyota fans brag about the Rav4's performance (Hyundai is about the only brand out there that doesn't really have trolls).

ifcar

It will be hard to fault the new RAV4's performance. It looks like this Santa Fe will also be very quick, and the two should be almost identically-sized.  

TBR

I know the Rav4's performance should be impressive, I just don't like fan boys :P

ifcar

I can't stand them either, you can't reason with them and the manufacturers know that they don't need a truly great product to impress them.

It's the worst when they're right.  

Catman

Much nicer than the current one.  I like it.

Car Zeus

has a bit of a Subaru touch in it (re: tribeca)

TBR

I definitely see some Tribeca in the rear, but I can also see how it is an evolution of the original Santa Fe's hindquarters. Also, it is nice to see Hyundai finally getting a brand identity and sticking with it.

TBR

Also, I would like to go ahead and put it on the record that I think we will see amazing growth in Hyundai's sales and profits for '06. I truly believe that the Sonota's impressive sales performance (up 117% over last November) is an indication of the sales performance of the entire brand.

One more thing, I have heard that the '08 Tiburon is going to be RWD! :rockon: A RWD platform and the 3.8l V6 could be an awesome combination.

SaltyDog

Looks like an FX with a Saab hatchback shape to the rear Q pannel.  Also has Tribeca-like bulges and Lacrosse doorhandles.

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.