Profling Colorado drivers

Started by Mustangfan2003, March 30, 2014, 10:29:08 AM

Mustangfan2003

Ah yes let's pull over some 70 year old guy because he might have something less harmful than alcohol in the car. 

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/man-arrested-searched-for-weed-for-having-colorado-lic-1554664015/@ballaban?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

I had no idea that stopping someone with a Colorado plates was enough for probable cause.  I had no idea the entire state was baked out.   

giant_mtb

Unless this becomes some widespread issue, it's an instance of one cop being a douche.  Small fish. :huh:

Gotta-Qik-C7

I hate any kind profiling..........
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Mustangfan2003

I remember when this law passed police departments in some of the border states said they were "worried" about marijuana from Colorado entering their states.   Considering how high the taxes are I'm sure very little is leaving the state. 

bing_oh

Quote from: giant_mtb on March 30, 2014, 10:47:59 AMUnless this becomes some widespread issue, it's an instance of one cop being a douche.  Small fish. :huh:

Or it could be that the circumstances in the "article" aren't totally accurate, considering it's apparently based solely upon a combination of the lawsuit (ie, one side's story) and the author's personal biases.

Rupert

Idaho cops are actually pretty reasonable WRT traffic enforcement most of the time.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA