Whoops, I did it again...

Started by pendyman, April 21, 2014, 09:16:23 PM

pendyman

Went back to Fort Lauderdale, and couldn't resist renting a 7 series again. What a gorgeous vehicle.

And fabulous to drive.

It's the same color as the one last year, but it's a different car, with around 500 miles on it when I picked it up.

Actually, I originally got a really nice silver one, but when I stopped for lunch on the way in from the airport, the key fob, or something in the car that talked to the key fob, malfunctioned, and I couldn't lock it or pretty much do anything. Because it's all electronic I was lucky it started or I would have had to call for help. But I was able to drive back to the airport and replace it with this lovely thing.

I stayed with my friend, who I learned had traded his two fairly new BMWs:

For two new Porsches, a Cayenne and a Cayman:

Making these kind of automobile choices is to me pretty much unimaginable. But he's unhappy with the Cayman because there's a rattle in the hatchback that the dealer can't seem to fix. I have to say I wouldn't like to buy a new Porsche and have it arrive with a rattle. So, he's thinking of trading it for an Audi A5 convertible.

These are not the kinds of problems I have in my daily life.

I rode in the Cayenne, which was a diesel turbo and seemed pretty much like any SUV, but not the Cayman because there were always three of us, and I was only there for a few days. Maybe if I had driven the Cayenne I might have felt differently. They loved it.

Some random pics:

Drove to the Everglades:

One of the only changes from last year to this year was that the dash cluster went from all analog:

to all digital, with a couple of metal rings (Please excuse the not very good photo; I was going 80 mph at the time.):

Interestingly, when I changed the suspension setting to Sport, the gauges changed from dials to simple white numbers on a black background. I would have thought people who wanted the Sport setting would want to see the gauges. I wish I had taken a pic.

So, for a few days I had some car related fun, and wanted to share it.

cawimmer430

Glad you liked it.  :ohyeah:

The 7-Series is a nice car. I checked one out at BMW Welt not to long ago. Great car, just so massive. You can't park these anywhere here: literally.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

MexicoCityM3

Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

NomisR

I would've gotten a sports car though.

Raza

There's a hot chick at work who has a 760Li.  I can't imagine driving a car that big all the time.  Though I wouldn't mind using that back seat space with her.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

dazzleman

Nice!  I'm glad you enjoyed the drive.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on April 23, 2014, 02:52:03 PM
Though I wouldn't mind using that back seat space with her.

Just be careful, man. That's real leather in the back!
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Rupert

God, this thread title is terrible.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA