Cellphone jamming

Started by AutobahnSHO, May 01, 2014, 11:05:11 AM

bing_oh

$48k in fines. I'm actually surprised it wasn't more. I'd suspect that, besides the local/state charges, he probably got slapped with an FCC violation.

Raza

Fuck him.  People need to stop trying to police others and worry about their own shit. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

NomisR

I'm actually interested in the question that was raised in the last part of the article 

QuoteWhether this made any difference in the quality of Humphrey's commute, we are unsure. Unsurprisingly, he does not seem to be taking calls at the moment.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NomisR on May 01, 2014, 12:32:03 PM
I'm actually interested in the question that was raised in the last part of the article 

More likely, people who were frustrated by losing their signal made for more of a distraction than it would have otherwise.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CALL_911

Quote from: Raza  on May 01, 2014, 11:33:23 AM
Fuck him.  People need to stop trying to police others and worry about their own shit.

Agreed

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

SJ_GTI

Loved the last line of the article.  :lol:

QuoteUnsurprisingly, he does not seem to be taking calls at the moment.

AutobahnSHO

Quote from: Soup DeVille on May 01, 2014, 12:39:35 PM
More likely, people who were frustrated by losing their signal made for more of a distraction than it would have otherwise.

Probably.
Will

Soup DeVille

Apparently he just left it on all the time, which is both totally pointless and how he ended up getting caught.

Now, I'll be honest. There have been times when the thought of getting one has gone through my head, but it never occurred to me to just leave it on. Occasionally, however, when the idiot in front of me fails to see the light turn because he's busy texting, or when my dear wife beside me yaps and facebooks he entire time on a long drive; and I e thougt they'd be a great aid to productivity during morning meetings...

But then I remember that would be illegal...
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Xer0

Quote from: Raza  on May 01, 2014, 11:33:23 AM

Seriously. 

God, I really really hope someone doesn't try and turn this guy into a symbol of government going overboard or something stupid like that.