Lights!

Started by Rupert, November 26, 2005, 08:53:13 PM

Rupert

On my latest long drive at 65 in the fog, I decided I am utterly unhappy with the lighting on the Trooper.

On of the headlights developed a water leak (that I am now fixing) and the bulb blew. The inside of the lens is very dirty. I would like to get a better pair of lens/reflectors to go with better bulbs (the idea being that better aimed brighter light with better defined edges is a good thing because, obviously the light is brighter, and that in fog/rain/ there is less reflection back to me). I would also like some good fog lights (the kind that actually work: low (for the truck) mounted, sharp edged, low back reflection). And I have no idea where to look. Money is an issue, but not that big of an issue. Headlamps come first... That's all I can think of. Anyone?

Thanks!
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

MaxPower

I don't know much about headlamps, but I recently bought a set of Hella FF1000 driving lights for my truck.  I got the driving light beam but you can get the wider fog beam as well.  I have been very happy with them.  They were affordable ($100 for the set) and are quality lights.

When you go to look for fog lights, check Susquehanna Motor Sports.  This guy carries pretty much all of the Hella products available and more.

Rupert

Thanks! Could a mod move this to the Garage section? I think it might get more responses there.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA