Hey Raza.... watch these before you buy that Abarth:

Started by 12,000 RPM, May 16, 2014, 04:48:56 AM

Char

Quote from: Raza  on May 24, 2014, 05:15:28 AM
Guys, guys. DFTT. Currently you are FTT.

Whether he's 15 or just stupid, we'll never know for sure. It's possible that a Volkswagen hit his dog and then raped the dog's corpse in front of him at a young age, so he's been traumatized.

Plus, I totally just bought an E90 M3. It's perfect for driving in the snow and not sticking out like a sore thumb. And it's a hatchback and comes with a warranty too, so that's awesome.

Winter tires, how do those work?
Quote from: 565 on December 26, 2012, 09:13:44 AM
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

2o6

Anyways, Raza when the hell are you pulling the trigger on this thing? I'm really shocked your dealer has left a deal on the table this long.

Char

Quote from: 2o6 on May 24, 2014, 02:03:07 PM
Anyways, Raza when the hell are you pulling the trigger on this thing? I'm really shocked your dealer has left a deal on the table this long.
Raza has been offering hand jobs on the regular.
... Nissan needs to use these shocks on the GT-R.  It would be like the Incredible Hulk wielding Thor's hammer.... unstoppable.

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Char on May 24, 2014, 02:25:27 PM
Raza has been offering hand jobs on the regular.
Lmao, let the butthurt flow.
Protecctor of the Atmospheric Engine #TheyLiedToUs

Char

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Rupert

Expecting Raza to do anything but agonize for months and then do nothing about a car purchase is like expecting the Sun to rise in the south.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Onslaught

Hold on, is he selling his Z4 for a little POS Abarth?

12,000 RPM

Quote from: Onslaught on May 25, 2014, 06:44:08 AM
Hold on, is he selling his Z4 for a little POS Abarth?
Naw supplementing it, so he will not be a target in the ghetto.

Northlands

He's going to stun us all and announce next week that he's bought a 1988 Trans Am GTA.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Onslaught

I  wanted to like those cars. It seems like something car people love. But I've been in a few and I'm 100% not impressed at all. Not in the way they look, feel or drive. Or even how they're made.

68_427

Quote from: Onslaught on May 25, 2014, 04:08:05 PM
I  wanted to like those cars. It seems like something car people love. But I've been in a few and I'm 100% not impressed at all. Not in the way they look, feel or drive. Or even how they're made.

Normal 500 or Abarth?
Quotewhere were you when automotive dream died
i was sat at home drinking brake fluid when wife ring
'racecar is die'
no

Onslaught

Quote from: 68_427 on May 25, 2014, 04:12:36 PM
Normal 500 or Abarth?
Both. But more of the normal ones. And I'm sorry, a turd is a turd and no tuning will make it not a turd.

12,000 RPM

Well, the way I see it, aside from price and a little gas these cars don't lose anything in their tuning. I wouldn't mind one as a commuter, but I am not sure I would find either to be some kind of driving revelation. Then again I still look back fondly on my experience with the Panda.... with a tiny turbo, bigger wheels and better damping and/or more suspension travel that car would have made for an awesome commuter. These little cars are fun to drive in their own way but they are not sports cars.

Raza

I'm likely not going to be able to make the Fiat work.  The E90 M3 is a really appealing, though I hope to be able to say "big things are coming" by the weekend.  I've just been so busy these past few weeks, but after Friday, I'll have nothing but time for a few days, then I can finalize a deal before going out of the country. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: Rupert on May 24, 2014, 03:14:36 PM
Expecting Raza to do anything but agonize for months and then do nothing about a car purchase is like expecting the Sun to rise in the south.

Yup.  I'm shocked and ashamed that I don't run a revolving door of $3,000 cars that need a ton of work like you do, but I've learned to deal with it. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: Northlands on May 25, 2014, 10:49:11 AM
He's going to stun us all and announce next week that he's bought a 1988 Trans Am GTA.

Looks like someone follows me on Twitter!

Actually, the Trans Am deal fell through and now I'm looking for something a little more practical; 1974 (or thereabouts) Dodge Monaco tops the list. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Raza  on May 27, 2014, 12:16:15 PM
Yup.  I'm shocked and ashamed that I don't run a revolving door of $3,000 cars that need a ton of work like you do, but I've learned to deal with it. 

This. :lol:

Rupert

Quote from: Raza  on May 27, 2014, 12:16:15 PM

You should be, poseur.

$2000.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA